I'm new to this, and I crashed my p3 standard. Any tips on how to repair this?

Reaction score
It looks like the top and bottom plastic pieces separated, and I'm not sure how to get the piece of plastic holding it together to become unstuck

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 446
I did that too first day you have to unscrew shell then use plastic thin piece to pop it open then put back together or just leave it what I did

While it's not necessarily easy to do, it'll be easiest to slide that tab back under if you remove the top of your shell. Perhaps opening just that side of the shell would be sufficient too. If you need instructions on opening the shell, I have some good videos linked here.

Reactions: MichaelS and 66Fury
It looks like the top and bottom plastic pieces separated, and I'm not sure how to get the piece of plastic holding it together to become unstuck
Is that all that is broke?

Is that all that is broke?
Unfortunately no, the plastic piece holding the top of the camera or whatever snapped at one point. From my understanding I need to order a replacement and try to replace it. I tried super glueing it but the glue fell apart after the test flight to make sure everything was still working after the initial crash. Other than that I already fixed the rubber pieces and the plastic no drop things. The camera and gimbal is fine I think. It's just the plastic that snapped and the body that came apart a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 429
Ouch!, I bet somebody will give you some repair tips on that one.
So while your not flying, you got some more reading to do, just kidding.
But, look into IMU, after crashes.
I thought this was a good post.

IMU Calibration | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

Unfortunately no, the plastic piece holding the top of the camera or whatever snapped at one point. From my understanding I need to order a replacement and try to replace it. I tried super glueing it but the glue fell apart after the test flight to make sure everything was still working after the initial crash. Other than that I already fixed the rubber pieces and the plastic no drop things. The camera and gimbal is fine I think. It's just the plastic that snapped and the body that came apart a bit.
I found the one I was looking for, similar repair, what else are you going to do at work, search the forums.

Purchase "plasti aid " it's great to repair broken p3 plastic parts or any plastic parts for that matter.
Can find it on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Purchase "plasti aid " it's great to repair broken p3 plastic parts or any plastic parts for that matter.
Can find it on Amazon
Thanks for the reply, is the grey actually plastic?
I have never really paid attention.
I don't really have much money anyway.
;)

I did that too first day you have to unscrew shell then use plastic thin piece to pop it open then put back together or just leave it what I did
Hey bud, do you know if the part he broke on his standard is the same part add the one in p3p? I can send him one if it's the same?

Oh yeah...I have put 80+ miles on the bird since the repair. It's permanent. :cool:

Geese, I hope the OP comes back to see all the work we did.

Reactions: Squirrel!
JB plastic weld works awesome too, any auto parts store and wallyworld

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair