I really want to fly my phantom 3 standard.

Reaction score
I bought my drone on 9th Oct. this year. Drone battery fully charged, remote fully charged, phone fully charged. When I select camera mode on dji go it states very weak remote signal and consequently nothing functions. The props have not even moved yet, it seems that there is either a serious fault or I have missed something in the instructions. It feels that I have spent £625 (£445 on drone £180 on phone) for something that currently just sits in its box. Any ideas?

I bought my drone on 9th Oct. this year. Drone battery fully charged, remote fully charged, phone fully charged. When I select camera mode on dji go it states very weak remote signal and consequently nothing functions. The props have not even moved yet, it seems that there is either a serious fault or I have missed something in the instructions. It feels that I have spent £625 (£445 on drone £180 on phone) for something that currently just sits in its box. Any ideas?
Turn on wifi on phone and connect to drone

Reactions: Vzr1
You didn't mention the initial connecting with and registering with DJI. The bird won't start until you do.

Not sure about the weak signal, do you have the antennas properly positioned? Don't worry about the signal strength, thoug, until you get it registered and can complete the start up.

Not sure about the weak signal, do you have the antennas properly positioned? Don't worry about the signal strength, thoug, until you get it registered and can complete the start up.
I'm feeling a bit simple at the moment (senior moment) as I wasn't aware that registration was required. If someone would be kind enough to let me know the process I would be most grateful. Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've just watched the video, but cannot fathom out how to connect my mobile phone to the controller as they both have micro usb fittings. I cannot find a lead on sale with that fitting at both ends.

I've just watched the video, but cannot fathom out how to connect my mobile phone to the controller as they both have micro usb fittings. I cannot find a lead on sale with that fitting at both ends.
The phone or tablet connects to the full size USB port that is on your controller.

Fastel888go,
Ok,let's try and get you going.
The standard remote connects to your phone via wifi.In the tablet/phone settings go to the wifi section.In there you should see your home network(if you have one) and surrounding wifi networks(neighbours ect).You will find the phantoms wifi in that list.
Choose that network,when the password is requested enter 12341234.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Open up the dji app on your device that you now have connected to the drones wifi network.
Choose your drone which in your case is the standard.
In the top left of the screen you will see a arrow head/kite symbol.
Click on the symbol and the registration screen should appear.

There is no full size usb port on the controller, only the micro.

you have a phantom standard then, correct

if so no usb used
it is wifi from phone to RC to quad.

do this for simplicity:

shut off home router

turn on RC

turn on quad

open phone or tablet wifi connection setting
look for phantom xxxxx in the list

connect to it

pw is 12341234

good luck

edit , I see you got it...

Despite all efforts this is the screen I get:
Screenshot_2016-10-26-13-22-05.jpg

Hi,
I'm not sure if it will help as I'm pretty new here myself.
Have a read of the manual on how to link the rc to the drone.Do the relink procedure and see if that helps.

Scott

I will certainly give that a try.
If anyone lives in Kent I would be more than willing to meet up if only to check that I've done as I should. I live in Margate but will drive anywhere
in Kent to sort this out. It's driving me nuts!

@fastel888go,
Reading so far, I believe you have a bad unit, remote or phantom, I don't know?
You do have to register it before you can start the motors, by the picture I'm not sure, and not sure at the moment, to tell you how to confirm that.
What are you using for a mobile device?

Check out this site.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Leave the props off that way if you do get the motors started you won't have a panic attack, this way you can mess with it indoors, If you do live in the Pacific North Wet.

I guess you probably don't have the option to start it with the app?

I think that it is odd that you are getting weak remote signal, maybe that's what it reads at the beginning if there is no signal. While flying I will get that, but it will tell me I have also lost it. What I'm trying to say, is if it is weak, you should be able to get to work, even though something is still wrong being as close as we assume you are.
Is the power light green on the remote?
Is the link/light button green on the bottom of the Phantom?

Can you return it for a new one?
I would give DJI a call, see what they say.

Oh, Welcome to the forum!
At least your first post, wasn't I crashed my drone. :rolleyes:

Rod :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic