Phantom 3 Standard (No Live Stream to Device)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I has a little accident with my drone and had to replace some parts. After everything was put back together every feature to the drone works except for the Live Stream, I can only see the videos and pictures on the SD card. I can control and camera and Drone from the remote but do not get any Live Stream to my device. Maybe someone can suggest other parts that I can buy instead of buying the whole Gimball.

Parts replaced:
Whole Gimball Shell
Tape Cable
Wifi Antennas

Drone Phantom 3 Standard 2.7k
Phone Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Latest DJI Firmware v3.1.60

I was just going to buy a used Gimball with a good main board and see if it's just the main board.

Hi guys,

I has a little accident with my drone and had to replace some parts. After everything was put back together every feature to the drone works except for the Live Stream, I can only see the videos and pictures on the SD card. I can control and camera and Drone from the remote but do not get any Live Stream to my device. Maybe someone can suggest other parts that I can buy instead of buying the whole Gimball.

Parts replaced:
Whole Gimball Shell
Tape Cable
Wifi Antennas

Drone Phantom 3 Standard 2.7k
Phone Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Latest DJI Firmware v3.1.60

I was just going to buy a used Gimball with a good main board and see if it's just the main board.
Gimble light green,,try relink,,might establish good conection again..do you have telemetry info onscreen ok

Reactions: Capt KO
Might try using a different device before tearing into it again. Just in case. Hopefully the re-link will solve it. Stay in touch so we know what worked. Others watching might be helped. ? good luck

I have the same problem with a Phantom 3 standard that was given to me crashed. I replaced the gimbal ribbon cable with a cheap one , which solved the chicken dance of the gimbal, then replaced it with a DJI cable. This solved my video transmission problems for about 10 flights when I lost video again. I sent the drone to Dji drone service. They checked it out and say the main esc controller board needs replaced. I’m waiting for it to be finished.
Is your remote control light and the gimbal led green?

Gimble light green,,try relink,,might establish good conection again..do you have telemetry info onscreen ok

The gimbal light that is over the camera in the main board is red. Maybe that is indicating that there is no signal to device.

I attached a link to a video showing what lights are on. "Noticed that my remotes antenna has broken off not sure what happened there"

But I'm pretty sure it has to be a bad part because it was working great before the accident.

Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Picture below shows my screen
Screenshot_20200823-125815_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20200823-130503_DJI GO.jpg

Might try using a different device before tearing into it again. Just in case. Hopefully the re-link will solve it. Stay in touch so we know what worked. Others watching might be helped. ? good luck

I did try a brand new samsung tablet and my wife's Iphone with no luck. I have changed Samsung Galaxies twice since had the drone and every device gives me the same gray background with no live feed.
Screenshot_20200823-125815_DJI GO.jpg

I have the same problem with a Phantom 3 standard that was given to me crashed. I replaced the gimbal ribbon cable with a cheap one , which solved the chicken dance of the gimbal, then replaced it with a DJI cable. This solved my video transmission problems for about 10 flights when I lost video again. I sent the drone to Dji drone service. They checked it out and say the main esc controller board needs replaced. I’m waiting for it to be finished.
Is your remote control light and the gimbal led green?

Thanks for all the help btw. Haven't found a solution yet but might have to try what u just said because I purchased that same cheap made in china kind of Gimbal Ribbon Cable and it doesn't work like its supposed to and the problem could be that. Let me see how much that cable cost for DJI.

Um yip it's fun and games with crashed drones and unless some spares to play with it's hard,,,broken antenna no good but it shows its linked with craft ok and its reading atti mode in all pics,,you might have to open shell to make sure the GPS module in top half is not broken or unplugged itself,,,hard impacts make things move past there travel limit,,you have cam power cause it's not limp and flashing red,,is sd card in slot,,if not it will flash red but not fix the live view,,,,also shouldn't really be charging rc when drone is power up,,,have you tryed taking back of cam to make sure ribbon cable ok,and burning smell inside cam,,more guessing coming I need coffee refill

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic