I really want to fly my phantom 3 standard.

The first time I rigged lineup it didn't work I charged everything 100% and tried again and it all came up naturally

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

you have a phantom standard then, correct

if so no usb used
it is wifi from phone to RC to quad.

do this for simplicity:

shut off home router

turn on RC

turn on quad

open phone or tablet wifi connection setting
look for phantom xxxxx in the list

connect to it

pw is 12341234

good luck

edit , I see you got it...
No need to shut off home router, just choose the Phantom WiFi from the list of WiFi options on your device. My IPad connects automatically to my home router. I'm often taking off from about 20 feet away from the home router. I just go to the settings on the IPad and choose the Phantom WiFi and all is well.

^^
I second the above. I've never heard that before, and what a hassle for anyone living there, having to do without WiFi while someone is flying their Phantom. ..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

@kirk2579,

His just trying make it simple as possible, if his mobile connecting to something else and he doesn't know it?

This may be his first smart phone...
"(£445 on drone £180 on phone)"

Rod :)

Having tried all suggestions I decided to send it back. Let's hope it either gets replaced or comes back repaired.

Having tried all suggestions I decided to send it back. Let's hope it either gets replaced or comes back repaired.
So you talked to DJI and your sending to California?

Rod

No need to shut off home router, just choose the Phantom WiFi from the list of WiFi options on your device. My IPad connects automatically to my home router. I'm often taking off from about 20 feet away from the home router. I just go to the settings on the IPad and choose the Phantom WiFi and all is well.
Thanks
I know there is no need but
rather than trying to explain to him how to do all that switching back and forth if the router is off then it will stay locked to the drone vs going to router if powered down ect.

I find it easier sometimes to eliminate what if with folks if they are having trouble.

But the wifi router can act as signal jammer to a degree
your RC and it share 2.4 ,the rc is receiving signal on 2.4 from quad that gets weaker and weaker with distance
now that high power ac1900 router 20 ft away from the RC is very strong......
so the rc has to filter out more and more ....

To jam any radio signal you simply use a stronger signal on same freg to over power...

^^
I second the above. I've never heard that before, and what a hassle for anyone living there, having to do without WiFi while someone is flying their Phantom. ..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I never have wifi when flying
why do you need it?

good luck and have fun flying!

correct
after all his frustration's I figured no harm no foal
My post came out backwards I got interrupted, then got in a hurry. :rolleyes:

Should have been,

@kirk2579 Is just trying make it simple as possible, if his mobile is connecting to something else and he doesn't know it?

Reactions: kirk2579
My post came out backwards I got interrupted, then got in a hurry. :rolleyes:

Should have been,

@kirk2579 Is just trying make it simple as possible, if his mobile is connecting to something else and he doesn't know it?

I had one customer with a standard that refused to get his head around the message in his iPhone
"no internet connection" when he went to choose his phantom.

it took 2 or 3 calls from him thinking it was broke before he got it...
it DOESNT have internet connection at that point..

To clarify: I am using a Samsung S5, which is not my first smartphone and was purchased because my Lumia does not have the availability for the app.
I have no problem with the wi-fi between the app and the Phantom. The Phantom wi-fi shows up automatically on available networks and is saved on the phone.
Also my home router cannot be the cause as the same thing happens in the middle of a large field.
I returned the drone to Maplins which is the store I purchased it from. They are sending it to a UK service centre, and assure me it will come back either repaired or replaced.
My next post will be when this happens.

Hi,
I'm not sure if it will help as I'm pretty new here myself.
Have a read of the manual on how to link the rc to the drone.Do the relink procedure and see if that helps.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I thought I read somewhere you only have to re link when you have a new controller

m ;.loijpo8ug8ou97978973
I thought I read somewhere you only have to re link when you have a new controller

or if having an issue you try anything and everything
if done then at least that is ruled out!

one can never assume "that" part is working as it should
so it is best sometimes to do the basics and work up from there

To clarify: I am using a Samsung S5, which is not my first smartphone and was purchased because my Lumia does not have the availability for the app.
I have no problem with the wi-fi between the app and the Phantom. The Phantom wi-fi shows up automatically on available networks and is saved on the phone.
Also my home router cannot be the cause as the same thing happens in the middle of a large field.
I returned the drone to Maplins which is the store I purchased it from. They are sending it to a UK service centre, and assure me it will come back either repaired or replaced.
My next post will be when this happens.
Hum, I guess you don't live in Kent in the Pacific NorthWest. :rolleyes:

Rod

Only works on wi fi only phantom 4 has port to connect to remote to tablet or phone

Sent from my SM-T355Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope, my P3 Pro controller has both a full size and micro size usb connector.

I was having the same issues as you trying to get my drone working, weak signal message and all. I was able to get the app installed and move the camera about, and nothing else. My drone and controller were like an ambulance on an emergency run, lights flashing and beeps sounding. I just couldn't get my head around it.

I read the manual a couple of times, paying particular attention to the parts about the app and connection to the controller and drone. Then today, when I was ready to give it another go, I couldn't find the usb cable which came with my drone, so I used the one that came with my phone. The phone, controller and drone immediately sprang to life. I couldn't fly until I had updated the controller but afterwards it was plain (plane?) sailing. So I possibly got a faulty usb cable from DJI. Who knows?

My advice is - read the manual and read it again. When you understand what needs to be done, only then should you attempt to try to fly it.

Nope, my P3 Pro controller has both a full size and micro size usb connector.

I was having the same issues as you trying to get my drone working, weak signal message and all. I was able to get the app installed and move the camera about, and nothing else. My drone and controller were like an ambulance on an emergency run, lights flashing and beeps sounding. I just couldn't get my head around it.

I read the manual a couple of times, paying particular attention to the parts about the app and connection to the controller and drone. Then today, when I was ready to give it another go, I couldn't find the usb cable which came with my drone, so I used the one that came with my phone. The phone, controller and drone immediately sprang to life. I couldn't fly until I had updated the controller but afterwards it was plain (plane?) sailing. So I possibly got a faulty usb cable from DJI. Who knows?

My advice is - read the manual and read it again. When you understand what needs to be done, only then should you attempt to try to fly it.

cables are very touchy for sure,
I keep several around I have tested already just in case...
and SO critical to the pro and [4 etc.
bad cable=bad/no video etc

The phone or tablet connects to the full size USB port that is on your controller.
You have a standard. The USB port in your controller is for charging the battery.

To do the registration, connect your phone to your home WiFi first, then start the app and follow the screen instructions to complete the registration.

After you completed the registration, switch the wifi to your p3s, then you are good to fly.

However, if this is your very first drone, I recommend you read up more how to fly before you shoot the P3s towards the sky.

Reactions: Vzr1 and kirk2579

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4