I Hate Having To Say I'm Sorry......................

Reaction score
....................... for having another 2 sweet flights on my P3P today. But I did! 1.2.6 firmware even! Ran through a battery at one step-son's house, then another at the other step-son's place. I let them both get a couple minutes on the sticks................. they both want one now! I am sorry there seems to be so many here having troubles with the newest updates, but I'm one of the one's that wasn't affected adversely. I almost felt like I shouldn't post this, then realized that's nonsense. There are "plenty" of threads for the negative experiences............ please don't crap on my successful flights thread. Thanks!

Glad to hear.

I had my longest flight ever yesterday at my grandma's house. Went up and over two small mountain ranges. This P3 still blows my mind.
Nice! I must admit, I don't use the VPS, never used it much to begin with, and it was off before and after the update. That seems to be where most of the troubles are happening. That could be the reason I'm not affected by it. The kids, (well, I say kids, they're 32 and 29!), were sold on just the flying................. then when I told them about video and stills, they were like what?! Really?! Heehee........... a good day today!

Reactions: Cyclone
Ive only had 2 short flights with my P3P as Im breaking in the battery, but im impressed already. Its so stable in the sky, and the video and pictures look gorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
....................... for having another 2 sweet flights on my P3P today. But I did! 1.2.6 firmware even! Ran through a battery at one step-son's house, then another at the other step-son's place. I let them both get a couple minutes on the sticks................. they both want one now! I am sorry there seems to be so many here having troubles with the newest updates, but I'm one of the one's that wasn't affected adversely. I almost felt like I shouldn't post this, then realized that's nonsense. There are "plenty" of threads for the negative experiences............ please don't crap on my successful flights thread. Thanks!

Upgraded to Android Ver 1.2 Pilot. Firmware update to 1.26 or whatever the latest is. I updated the Tx (RC) also. Did my longest flight also with no problems. I DID NOT do an IMU recal. I DID NOT do a Compass recal. Or any thing else. I do wait for at least 45 minutes for the updates to make sure it has finished. Love this thing.

Upgraded to Android Ver 1.2 Pilot. Firmware update to 1.26 or whatever the latest is. I updated the Tx (RC) also. Did my longest flight also with no problems. I DID NOT do an IMU recal. I DID NOT do a Compass recal. Or any thing else. I do wait for at least 45 minutes for the updates to make sure it has finished. Love this thing.
No need to wait 45mins to make sure the update has finished, as soon as you hear D---DD its done.

Bought it new, didn't know better and did the upgrade. What problem? 3 flights in two locations far from each other, and no problems so far. <touch wood>

P3 is so so much better than my P2(immersionrc, FPV monitor, antennas, blah blah blah) that flew into a dense forest last month. Kinda glad I lost it now.

I am so very happy to everyone that had a successful update. Mine said it was successful in the text files, both P3P and R/C, and then it acted like a drunk teenager when I tried to fly it after recalibrating everything.

Have fun, I mean that truly, and think of the other 56% of the rest of us that are sitting here duped into buying $1,400.00 bricks.

I am so very happy to everyone that had a successful update. Mine said it was successful in the text files, both P3P and R/C, and then it acted like a drunk teenager when I tried to fly it after recalibrating everything.

Have fun, I mean that truly, and think of the other 56% of the rest of us that are sitting here duped into buying $1,400.00 bricks.

I suggest trying to recalibrate everything after thoroughly reading the how-to's. Read them multiple times even... There are a lot of details that can easily be missed.

I too thought I had done it perfectly, yet it still drifted around in circles. Then I found the recently bumped thread regarding compass calibration and Toilet Bowl Effect. Guess what, my P3 no longer flies like its had a few too many drinks. Solid as a rock once again.

Reactions: chicago jeff
I suggest trying to recalibrate everything after thoroughly reading the how-to's. Read them multiple times even... I too thought I had done it perfectly, yet it still drifted around in circles. Then I found the recently bumped thread regarding compass calibration and Toilet Bowl Effect. Guess what, my P3 no longer flies like its had a few too many drinks. Solid as a rock once again.
FABULOUS!

I am really very happy for your luck.

Oh yes, 53 flights without one issue (unless you count the tilted horizon, fixed in post) I never flew my P2 without expecting something to go amiss, not so with the P3 as long as you keep a few simple rules in mind.

Congrats. I have over 40 flights with few issues myself. I do get the occasional "no signal" that doesn't go away even though I do have signal. Having to keep the defected cracked shell together with zip ties, glue, gorilla tape, and bondic is not keeping me from my enjoyment of this machine.

i had read all the crazy stories of other people's issues and thought i was one of the lucky ones, until it happened to me. i had 23 flights before i had my first issue (took off hard left once i lifted off and flew a mile away when i lost contact). praise the Lord i was able to track down my P3A and land it safely before it ran out of battery. i think my only word of advice is prepare for the worst each time you fly. that way you will be able to handle anything that comes up. i learned that is isn't a matter of it, but when it will happen to you. good luck and happy flying!

Running all the latest updates also. Other than the occasional gimbal overload error (just ignore it) I've had no issues. My distance seems a bit inconsistent but I'm sure it's because of all the WiFi around me.
Happy p3 flyer here!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Snerd.
How insensitive of you to start a thread about successful and happy P3 v1.2.6 firmware experiences. You must be a DJI troll. How dare you post this to the rest of the masses who don't read manuals, can't follow directions, complain about things that might happen and take ridiculous risks with a $1500.00 UAV that is miles ahead of the competition in price, reliability and performance.
I can testify to over 20 carefree but exciting flights covering many total miles. I also have a P3P on v1.2.6 and iPhone 6 on v1.2.0.
Happy flying, clear skies, safe landings (or hand catches).

Reactions: PaulS and snerd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic