Pursuing a refund - Flyaway not found...

It has, I completely agree. I'll upload my birds penultimate flight later on if I get the time - in its memory.

BUT the best closure would be getting a reason for the fly away from DJI. I hope my dealer is able to get that info.

I doubt they will be able to say anything for sure.. they can easily see that it wasnt YOU that flew it to oblivion. But what actually did is in the data on the bird. It would REALLY be interesting to see that data. The other great point, if you take the replacement, is if you find the crashed bird some day you will have some extra parts. If you take the refund, I've got dibs!

I doubt they will be able to say anything for sure.. they can easily see that it wasnt YOU that flew it to oblivion. But what actually did is in the data on the bird. It would REALLY be interesting to see that data. The other great point, if you take the replacement, is if you find the crashed bird some day you will have some extra parts. If you take the refund, I've got dibs!
As it stands, I've still got the controller, 4 props and the charger!

flyaway.jpg
As it stands, I've still got the controller, 4 props and the charger!

Leon, I've been following the post and trying to figure out what happened from the flight log. Very puzzling !

I did see that a second push of the home button occurred just before the data ended. Here's a view of the significant events along the flight path. It seems too much of a coincidence that the data ended just after the second home button push. Did you accidentally shut of the controller at that point ?

Fred

Last edited:
View attachment 27133

Leon, I've been following the post and trying to figure out what happened from the flight log. Very puzzling !

I did see that a second push of the home button occurred just before the data ended. Here's a view of the significant events along the flight path. It seems too much of a coincidence that the data ended just after the second home button push. Did you accidentally shut of the controller at that point ?

Fred

I definitely didn't switch the controller off until much later.

As for the home button, I'm sure I pressed it several times once the drone was out of sight. Why? I didn't know what else to do.

I think the worry here here is that by pressing the home button once it is activated it can be turned off by pressing the button a second time. Note that I have no idea if this was the case.

I think the worry here here is that by pressing the home button once it is activated it can be turned off by pressing the button a second time. Note that I have no idea if this was the case.

The drone was long gone by the time I would have done that. To be honest, I'm surprised that it shows a second RTH press on the log. I'd only noticed the single press once I realized something wasn't right.

The drone was long gone by the time I would have done that. To be honest, I'm surprised that it shows a second RTH press on the log. I'd only noticed the single press once I realized something wasn't right.

The log shows just two presses under the column APP_TIP.tip as "Go to Home button pressed".

The abrupt end of the data with no warning messages logged is what makes it seem like the controller go shut off. Were you able to see video all the way to the end of the flight path? Perhaps someone blasted it with a shot gun.

I have problems with mine RTH. I can do it twice with no problems, but the third time it takes off. Right now it is 45 feet up in a tree. The last time, I had to fix a arm. Failed again on the third RTH.

I am in the same boat. My bird decided to stop sending data at about 600 feet up and went into descent. The point of the map shows it high up and 4 minutes later as I drove out to look for it, I got video of leaves it is sitting in, complete with insects flying about. Several days now and no bird. It thinks its in a guys yard, but its not. Not trying to hijack a thread but my vendor FumFie tried to sell me another bird for the same price and no extras. Duh. no way. Well glad this story here had a happy ending, and maybe you should use a bird to find a bird? I know I will be. I ordered another one from someone else and will sell the extra one once I find the first one. And yes...the next one will have a Tile on it.

Yes, attach a tile or Pebble! That's how I knew it was in a tree. If someone would take it, I could still find it.

I should have mine tomorrow! Going to have a tree service get it! Then I don't know what to do with it? Lol

Even if the Phantom ceased to exist, I would have thought the log file would continue recording. Puzzling that it stopped.

As for pushing RTH twice, it won't cancel it.

Even if the Phantom ceased to exist, I would have thought the log file would continue recording. Puzzling that it stopped.

As for pushing RTH twice, it won't cancel it.

If correct, then the manual is confusing. On page 12, in the Smart RTH section, it clearly states that pressing the button again will cancel the function. The same instruction is repeated on page 26, under the title "RTH Button".

If correct, then the manual is confusing. On page 12, in the Smart RTH section, it clearly states that pressing the button again will cancel the function.

Oh, then I might be wrong. I haven't tried it. I would have thought you could only cancel it by switching modes.

I haven't tried it either. I've never had a lot of confidence in "auto" stuff. I've never tried auto take-off, or RTH. I'd only use RTH as a last resort (and probably only after yelling "COME BACK! and SIT!")

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z