i give up. whats it worth?

Reaction score
i have a phantom 3 standard that WILL NOT connect to the controller. i've tried everything. i give up. i'm not looking for things to try. i'm looking to find out what it might be worth as is. i have no idea. i don't want to mess with it any more. ready to cut my loses.

see it here: click here

hard to tell from the video but the light on the controller stays solid red. eventually the drone's front lights stay red (normal) and the rear flash yellow (signalling no connection to the remote)

even though there is no connection.......i can fly the drone with the remote. but cannot connect to the app so.....no telemetry or camera feed.

Last edited:
i have a phantom 3 standard that WILL NOT connect to the controller. i've tried everything. i give up. i'm not looking for things to try. i'm looking to find out what it might be worth as is. i have no idea. i don't want to mess with it any more. ready to cut my loses.

hard to tell from the video but the light on the controller stays solid red. eventually the drone's front lights stay red (normal) and the rear flash yellow (signalling no connection to the remote)

even though there is no connection.......i can fly the drone with the remote. but cannot connect to the app so.....no telemetry or camera feed.
As Ian said don't quit, sometimes In his hobby there can be a lot of troubleshooting...have you turned off your home WIFI as that will interfere with your linking (found that out when I had My P3S.)

I agree don’t quit. Do what was suggested above. If that doesn’t work. I suggest shutting everything down. Remove battery. Get a new micro card format it as if you just bought the drone. Get the latest update for the unit and go from there. Even delete your old app on the phone or iPad and reinstall the app.

Don't give up amigo!! As stated above, as with my P4, and previous P3, my home wi-fi will interfer with the process and some other things as well.

A bad circuit board above the camera/gimbal will cause this to happen. I have come across this several times.

You might be able to send it in to @D D S for an evaluation and repair estimate. FREE shipping & handling (to and from).

Reactions: 2edgesword

It is possible that it is the app,I had this same issue and found the app was the problem,easy fix ,try to uninstall the app then down load and install it again this worked for me,hope it does for you as well!!

Dont quit,,,rear yellow also cause you inside with no satellites all remote switches up ?wifi set up,,to me that's linked but it's not fully communicating, try linking with this methodView attachment 116655
i've tried this and every other idea. right now i am trying to update the firmware. so far it never finishes. also.....it wont let me downgrade to a previous version. "your version does not allow downgrading"

It is possible that it is the app,I had this same issue and found the app was the problem,easy fix ,try to uninstall the app then down load and install it again this worked for me,hope it does for you as well!!
Press the reset button on the drone.

hello I just did the same thing with mine had to replace the remote and had to bind it through the wifi on the app you can call me and I can help ok 508-617-1161 my name is David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic