How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

5.3 sets the link to 24 db default - why not 27db ?

also running WINFO from app gives me a socket error 10061 - connection refused
Magic power run one script 24dbm in rc and 27 in aircraft. If rc loose connection with drone then signal is boost by aircraft to 27dbm. You can opening advenced options in magic power and choose stable 27dbm

Papa - I sent you a donation. Thanks for the work.
Q: I have 2 RCs and 1 P3S (long story but I would like to be able to switch between the 2 RCs occasionally.
MP 5.3 has been installed on both RCs - both were set at 24db/ch13 (after alternately linking each to my P3S).
Telnet shows similar readings when either RC is green linked to PS3
All seems to work ok. Please let me know if I am missing something or if you feel this should work OK with no problem.

Last edited:
Dear PapaTita,

First of all, thanks for your contribution, I would like to try your Magic Power application to increase db signal of my Aircraft.

Reading carefully all the information from your posts, I can not confirm if I could try this mod in an aircraft with a firmware version 1.2.4. In a Spanish forum, it was published that only some beta firmwares are not compatible (1.7.0984)

I´ve flown many times the drone with this version and I would rather to remain this than upgrading the firmware to 1.5.7 (your recommended version) suffering the nightmare of having errors during the upgrades or possible incompatibilities in my device.

Do you know if this firmware is supported with your scripts?

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards

I have the same doubt as you.. Hope someone can help with this.

Papa - I sent you a donation. Thanks for the work.
Q: I have 2 RCs and 1 P3S (long story but I would like to be able to switch between the 2 RCs occasionally.
MP 5.3 has been installed on both RCs - both were set at 24db/ch13 (after alternately linking each to my P3S).
Telnet shows similar readings when either RC is green linked to PS3
All seems to work ok. Please let me know if I am missing something or if you feel this should work OK with no problem.
That should ok.
Thanks for your donation.

Dear PapaTita,

First of all, thanks for your contribution, I would like to try your Magic Power application to increase db signal of my Aircraft.

Reading carefully all the information from your posts, I can not confirm if I could try this mod in an aircraft with a firmware version 1.2.4. In a Spanish forum, it was published that only some beta firmwares are not compatible (1.7.0984)

I´ve flown many times the drone with this version and I would rather to remain this than upgrading the firmware to 1.5.7 (your recommended version) suffering the nightmare of having errors during the upgrades or possible incompatibilities in my device.

Do you know if this firmware is supported with your scripts?

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards
From firmware 124 already not possible update to the 157, which can be done is update to the newest (181) and then downgrade to 179.

Magic works too on firmware 181 for better results in range but with more lag

Reactions: empanadj
To all friends in the US I have an idea may could help show information on the real condition:

1. Run Magic App
2. Turn on RC&AC and set the wifi connection to RC
3. Click "Revert back to stock" (only if already mod)
4. Restart RC&AC and set the wifi connection to RC
5. On the Magic App click STEP 1, wait for succesfull process and close the app.
6. Restart RC and AC
7. Run DJI GO and wait for Home Point Lock (maybe you need to be in an open area)
8. Open the Telnet, connect to 192.168.1.1 and type the following command:
iw reg get
iwinfo
(screenshot the result)
9. Open the Telnet, connect to 192.168.1.2 and type the following command:
iwinfo
(screenshot the result)

In the results will listed the dbm value for FCC before the mod.

Note:
- The above process only enable the telnet. You can re-apply the mod after that
- I can't do all process because on the CE area and sorry for my English

Quick question. I ran the magic app against my Standard. Restart everything. Now DJI app can't connect. App just toggles from the correct blue "Camera" connect button to back to acting like it's not connected. If I try to connect the second the normal "camera" button on the app is illuminated, the app does open but it shows extremely weak signal and I can't connect to the camera.

App and firmware are the latest DJI version.

Any ideas?

~~~~EDIT~~~~~

Never mind, I figured it out. If someone else has this issue, force a stop of DJI app, uninstall it and reinstall.

I have a Samsung 6 phone BTW.

Last edited:
Is the mod something that can be detected by DJI if you have any issues with warranty etc?

Thanks

There is a "restore to factory settings" option in the drop down menu. So, if there ever was a situation, you'd simply revert before sending the equipment back.

Good afternoon! Please help with my problem, I P3S 1,2,40+ firmware, whether the work will be your program with this firmware? Very nehochu change the firmware version. Is it possible to put the FSS modes on the drone with your program without changing the firmware? Thank you.

Good afternoon! Please help with my problem, I P3S 1,2,40+ firmware, whether the work will be your program with this firmware? Very nehochu change the firmware version. Is it possible to put the FSS modes on the drone with your program without changing the firmware? Thank you.

I should work fine, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to update to the latest firmware? Everyone seems to be having good results with the latest.

I should work fine, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to update to the latest firmware? Everyone seems to be having good results with the latest.
I think that goes hand-in-hand with the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Personally I've had good results on all firmware. But I'm staying on 1.7.9 (P3S) for now myself.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Good evening, the thing is that my piercing as far as I know, has no restrictions on 500m up, so good antenami and mod I can fly at any altitude without restrictions. in this regard, there is no desire to change it to another. Thank you.
Angiysky not my native language I am sorry if you do not understand everything because I use a translator.

Magic power run one script 24dbm in rc and 27 in aircraft. If rc loose connection with drone then signal is boost by aircraft to 27dbm. You can opening advenced options in magic power and choose stable 27dbm

So with it cycling from 24db up to 27db is there any reason why it's not set at 27db as default all the time.

Hi guys,

Anyone can help me to answer below :
1. What is the advantage for tick the option "Booster/Amps : RC limit to 20dBm" on Magic 5.3?
2. And what is the meaning of "scan Channel wifi"? or would be better at Channel 13?

Hi guys,

Anyone can help me to answer below :
1. What is the advantage for tick the option "Booster/Amps : RC limit to 20dBm" on Magic 5.3?
2. And what is the meaning of "scan Channel wifi"? or would be better at Channel 13?

Why do people refer to channel 13 all the time that's a good question.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez