How to turn off No Fly zone

muhupower said:
kymedic121 said:
The way I understand it that if you still flying in the default "Phantom Mode" and not changed to the Nazam mode then you are flying in GPS mode as long as you have the slow flashing green flight control lights. Now if the flight control lights are flashing yellow means that you have less than 6 sats and you are now flying in NON GPS Mode which is not really ATTI as they call it NON GPS Mode. In order to activate the ATTI Mode and Manunal you will have to switch to the Nazam Mode in the Assistant Software. This is what i gather from my 100th reading of the manual and all my conversations with folks here.

This is not correct - Even in ATTI NON GPS MODE - you will be still be grounded inside the red circle of a no fly zone...

With only less then 6 satellites or manual mode its possible.

_-- Chatted with DJI online about it today on their website's chat box

I never said that ATTI or GPS mode would trun off the flight restriction. Re-read what I said. I was only comparing the modes of GPS mode. Non Gps , ATTI and Manual. No matter the mode you are in you will be flight restricted near an airport. I was referring to the GPS Assistance or the lack thereof depending on the above modes you select.

Thanks sar..

any instructions how to downgrade?

Do I have to delete the old app - clear any files from the computer? Once I plug in the phantom should I be sure to select something?

Just don't want to mess something up

Catalina36 said:
SeeUAV said:
Catalina36 said:
Let me add another question. Why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone or restricted airspace? I can't imagine this would be a good idea for the longevity of our sport.

The restrictions DJI put in place are not the same as my countries laws. I am on a 5.5km distance restriction from an aerodrome. But DJI limits me within 8kms.

From what I have read about the Australian restrictions, the DJI software limitations will still allow you to take off if you are at least 2.4km away from the aerodrome. Your altitude will be limited based on the actual distance you are from the aerodrome out to 8km. So while the Phantom restrictions will allow you to fly, you would be in violation of Australian laws if you flew your Phantom inside of the 5.5km no-fly zone. In my mind, this would not be a valid reason to want to defeat the built in no-fly safety feature.

This is just my opinion, I love flying my P2V+ but as a licensed pilot the last thing I need to encounter on short final is one of these things when I am at low airspeed and low altitude.

Yeh, I don't want to fly it illegally. I don't think my post implied that at all. But at 5.5kms and greater I can't fly the height that I am legally allowed to.

I have a question I have a dji v2 with version 2.0 with no fly zone. I want to buy a dji v3. Witch I know it comes with the no fly zone added into it if I'm correct. If i were to buy it (dji3 pro) could I down grade it to 2.0 where there are no fly zone added in the software ?

No you can't dji don't allows to downgrade the firmware, you can try to install an hakered firmwar but if you do this you risk to lose the warranty.

Where can I down a hacked one? I was going to buy the dji 3 but if do can I down load a old firmware with no fly zone ??

I guess they make stupid laws for stupid people meaning those who don't follow the rules. There are legit reasons or exceptions for every rule. The phantoms built in no fly rules are initiated by GPS location. As long as the The GPS sees its within that boundary it is suspose to lock out start up of the motors to prevent flying. Only full manual mode gets by. Be safe my friend!

Let me add another question. Why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone or restricted airspace? I can't imagine this would be a good idea for the longevity of our sport.

I know this is an old thread, don't know if you'll see this. I do some semi pro photography in my area. I was shooting jeeps on the beach near the Ritz Carlton which are much higher than I intended to fly. Was going to go up about 20' for some perspective shots of the vehicles as well as a slow POI video circle around them. There is a small airport about a mile away which I'm sure was the reason for the restriction. Anyway.... That was my reason for wanting to use the drone in a restricted area. p.s. this is also an area where it's not uncommon to see ultralight pilots flying along the beach.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj