How to turn off No Fly zone

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the plus & version 3.0 it says on the software.

How do you turn off the No Fly zone? Do I have to downgrade?

I only fly the phantom in ATTI mode. I have no need for the GPS mode. ( I assume when I flick s1 to ATTI mode, then GPS is disabled and the phantom is not using any GPS features... correct? )

However I read on their WIKI:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... ght_Limits
Very bottom ( Conditions of Flight Limits ) area

** I might be reading this chart wrong**
In GPS or ATTI mode if the number of satellites is less then 6 then I can fly in any restricted area.

But if its more then 6 it will be not able to take off....And I have no control over the amount of GPS are found right?

I assume this is because it needs GPS to find the exact location of the phantom in order to calculate the No Fly Zone areas.

- This might be a stupid question - can I just turn off GPS on my iPhone and thus disabling the phantoms GPS? Does the Phantom get the GPS from the phone?

- Whats the workaround?

Thanks
-O

The way I understand it that if you still flying in the default "Phantom Mode" and not changed to the Nazam mode then you are flying in GPS mode as long as you have the slow flashing green flight control lights. Now if the flight control lights are flashing yellow means that you have less than 6 sats and you are now flying in NON GPS Mode which is not really ATTI as they call it NON GPS Mode. In order to activate the ATTI Mode and Manunal you will have to switch to the Nazam Mode in the Assistant Software. This is what i gather from my 100th reading of the manual and all my conversations with folks here.

If you have never changed between Phantom mode and Nazam Mode I would strongly recommend watching this video. This guy is good and damned experinced with the V2+ and walks you through step by step in each mode and tells you what to do. Awesome Video. http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko

Let me add another question. Why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone or restricted airspace? I can't imagine this would be a good idea for the longevity of our sport.

Catalina36 said:
Let me add another question. Why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone or restricted airspace? I can't imagine this would be a good idea for the longevity of our sport.

+1,000,000,000

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Catalina36 said:

+1,000,000,000

I have a job to do thats very safe, low flying no more then 35 feet.. near an airport.

kymedic121 said:
If you have never changed between Phantom mode and Nazam Mode I would strongly recommend watching this video. This guy is good and damned experinced with the V2+ and walks you through step by step in each mode and tells you what to do. Awesome Video. http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko

Thanks for your advice. but based of the chart in the link in my op post - its the opposite....

I am already set in Nazam mode with the assistant application..

muhupower said:
This might be a stupid question - can I just turn off GPS on my iPhone and thus disabling the phantoms GPS? Does the Phantom get the GPS from the phone?

Might be a stupid question??
Do you think your iphone can tell the Phantom how high it is or where it is?
You might like to think about that some more.

You are very welcome. In the Phantom Mode the S2 is null (inoperable), the S1 is active for GPS flight only and the only function in can preform in that setting is calibration. The Nazam Mode is enables both S1 and S2 but are configured to your preferences ie, Home Lock, Course Lock, Failsafe, ATTI and/or Manual Mode. Flying in the manual mode is strictly by your input and receives no electronic assistance. Are you using the Phantom for specific duties or just recreation?

Catalina36 said:

The restrictions DJI put in place are not the same as my countries laws. I am on a 5.5km distance restriction from an aerodrome. But DJI limits me within 8kms.

kymedic121 said:
You are very welcome. In the Phantom Mode the S2 is null (inoperable), the S1 is active for GPS flight only and the only function in can preform in that setting is calibration. The Nazam Mode is enables both S1 and S2 but are configured to your preferences ie, Home Lock, Course Lock, Failsafe, ATTI and/or Manual Mode. Flying in the manual mode is strictly by your input and receives no electronic assistance. Are you using the Phantom for specific duties or just recreation?

A little of both.. search my other posts and u will see why

Hate to think someone reading this thread learn how to do something they would be better off not knowing how to do.

SeeUAV said:
Catalina36 said:

The restrictions DJI put in place are not the same as my countries laws. I am on a 5.5km distance restriction from an aerodrome. But DJI limits me within 8kms.

From what I have read about the Australian restrictions, the DJI software limitations will still allow you to take off if you are at least 2.4km away from the aerodrome. Your altitude will be limited based on the actual distance you are from the aerodrome out to 8km. So while the Phantom restrictions will allow you to fly, you would be in violation of Australian laws if you flew your Phantom inside of the 5.5km no-fly zone. In my mind, this would not be a valid reason to want to defeat the built in no-fly safety feature.

This is just my opinion, I love flying my P2V+ but as a licensed pilot the last thing I need to encounter on short final is one of these things when I am at low airspeed and low altitude.

flyNfrank said:
Hate to think someone reading this thread learn how to do something they would be better off not knowing how to do.

Agreed. But..

6 months ago there was no fly zone limit.. If someone is going to do something stupid they are going to do it anyway.

and in 6 months from now they might have a disable button in the assistant software for the fly zone limitations.

If you take the time and money to learn how to use the phantom I would hope 99% of the people out there would be responsible/moral/ethical... You will always get that 1% no matter what.. And that 1% if they really wanted to find a way to do something they would be better off not knowing how to do - they will figure it out anyway.

" Its like car alarm systems if a thief really wants your car he will find ways around it no matter what system is in place for him to deter them. Even if I am smart enough to work around a car alarm system doesn't mean I am going to go out and start stealing cars. "

Anyway - I checked the DJI website its back up and has the map with no fly zones and I am just outside the red circle - hopefully their map is accurate and I wont have any trouble.

kymedic121 said:
The way I understand it that if you still flying in the default "Phantom Mode" and not changed to the Nazam mode then you are flying in GPS mode as long as you have the slow flashing green flight control lights. Now if the flight control lights are flashing yellow means that you have less than 6 sats and you are now flying in NON GPS Mode which is not really ATTI as they call it NON GPS Mode. In order to activate the ATTI Mode and Manunal you will have to switch to the Nazam Mode in the Assistant Software. This is what i gather from my 100th reading of the manual and all my conversations with folks here.

This is not correct - Even in ATTI NON GPS MODE - you will be still be grounded inside the red circle of a no fly zone...

With only less then 6 satellites or manual mode its possible.

_-- Chatted with DJI online about it today on their website's chat box

I've heard that downgrading the P2V+'s firmware to version 1.08 (originally built for the P2V) is a reliable method of eliminating the gimp-a-copter mode restrictions. But I haven't done it myself yet because there hasn't been a need for me to do so.

It's just a shame that manufacturers feel the need to place these artificial restrictions on their equipment. This is indeed one of the things that will be factored into my future purchase decisions.

CRankin said:
I've heard that downgrading the P2V+'s firmware to version 1.08 (originally built for the P2V) is a reliable method of eliminating the gimp-a-copter mode restrictions. But I haven't done it myself yet because there hasn't been a need for me to do so.

It's just a shame that manufacturers feel the need to place these artificial restrictions on their equipment. This is indeed one of the things that will be factored into my future purchase decisions.

I searched but have not been able to find a sure way of downgrading... I found a link to DL the software but its for PC - I am on a Mac.... If I do downgrade or figure out how I will post on the forum step by step instructions.

muhupower said:
CRankin said:

I searched but have not been able to find a sure way of downgrading... I found a link to DL the software but its for PC - I am on a Mac.... If I do downgrade or figure out how I will post on the forum step by step instructions.

Nothing new here, most people already know how to downgrade

Can you point me in the right direction?

I have the plus and the assistant software says 3.0...

I heard 1.08 and 2.0 both do not have the limits..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj