How to handle the cops...

Reaction score
Hey doods!

When it comes to local law enforcement, my partner and I don't take any crap. THIS is how WE handle the local authorities!! Notice how I am cleverly hidden in plain site? They never saw me. HA!

DerekCops-1.JPG

DerekCops-2.JPG

HA!

D

LOL

Reactions: Harleydude
Being polite goes a long way...where I live FAA authorized drone use is legal, unless you’re invading somebody’s privacy (law enforcement excluded) or causing a disturbance... it’s that last one that’s open to interpretation by law enforcement.

Reactions: Harleydude
Think his point other than being polite was that was he has a hoodie on and they never saw him .:p

Think his point other than being polite was that was he has a hoodie on and they never saw him .:p

I got that lol. I was just wondering who took the photo, that’s the real stealthy person. Plus why is the car hood up? Feigning a disabled vehicle or for charging batteries... been a cop too long... haha

Last edited:
I got that lol. I was just wondering who took the photo, that’s the real stealthy person. Plus why is the car hood up? Feigning a disabled vehicle or for charging batteries... been a cop too long... haha
Well looks like he took the picture with the drone and I thought maybe he was running something straight off his battery but only Harley can say for sure . :)

Donnie (Harley) is the creator of a very nice DC Charging solution and if I had to bet I'd say he has some P4 batteries being charged under the hood.

@Harleydude what says you bud?

Donnie (Harley) is the creator of a very nice DC Charging solution and if I had to bet I'd say he has some P4 batteries being charged under the hood.

@Harleydude what says you bud?

I saw something about somebody making a multiple batter DC charger. I have a icharger 306b I charge other batteries with would love a series attachment for it..,

Attachments

• FF918AA0-F5CF-4B83-A4C1-40FB9FC5D05D.jpeg
    FF918AA0-F5CF-4B83-A4C1-40FB9FC5D05D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 336
Reactions: BigAl07
I saw something about somebody making a multiple batter DC charger. I have a icharger 306b I charge other batteries with would love a series attachment for it..,
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but here is what @Harleydude has created:

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but here is what @Harleydude has created:

Yes that is exactly what I saw. Just didn’t make the connection (pun intended).

• Haha
I got that lol. I was just wondering who took the photo, that’s the real stealthy person.

I took the photo via the drone.

Plus why is the car hood up?

I'm charging batteries via my DC-> DC charger I built. It's on the table behind the cop and is feature in another thread in this forum.

Feigning a disabled vehicle or for charging batteries... been a cop too long... haha

Hehe...yep...charging batteries...

D

The hi-vis vest is standard equipment for me. The public fears anyone being sneaky, and I have found the vest (often along with a hard hat) tends to reassure them that you are doing something official and safe that they need not be concerned about. Of course, you will occasionally be approached with questions but in my experience they are usually out of friendly curiosity about the drone itself. Like this instance, when a couple of town workers pulled up and were just interested in the drone and it's capabilities as I hand caught it during a local job I was conducting.

curious workers.PNG

I have a year-long job coming up this summer in a dual airport shared Class B airspace situation and will be stopping into the local precinct with my FAA authorization in hand to introduce myself and give the commanding officer a courtesy heads up before I start.

Last edited:
The hi-vis vest is standard equipment for me. The public fears anyone being sneaky, and I have found the vest (often along with a hard hat) tends to reassure them that you are doing something official and safe that they need not be concerned about. Of course, you will occasionally be approached with questions but in my experience they are usually out of friendly curiosity about the drone itself. Like this instance, when a couple of town workers pulled up and were just interested in the drone and it's capabilities as I hand caught it during a local job I was conducting.

View attachment 111263

I have a year-long job coming up this summer in a dual airport shared Class B airspace situation and will be stopping into the local precinct with my FAA authorization in hand to introduce myself and give the commanding officer a courtesy heads up before I start.

I call it the "Dork Vest" or the "Invisibility Cloak"...hehe.... MOST times it works to keep the general populous out of my area. But occasionally people ask questions. And honestly, I don't mind answering them. Jobs like mapping and traffic analysis (automated flights) leaves a lot of left over brain resource. Now if I'm shooting video for say a real estate client (no automation), then I don't like to be bugged. And naturally nobody bugs me while shooting on a closed set, so no vest is used. In fact, we wear black or camouflage on set.

D

I was shooting real restate today and somebody stopped and said “that’s cool and all, but can you tell me how to get to...”. Unreal. I answered the question while the drone hovered

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20