How to handle the cops...

Haha no but I was wearing a company shirt that says AB Aerials, phone # and the sky’s not the limit!! I do have some green vests maybe I’ll have to wear them

I pull out my 107 cert, the LAANC notification showing FAA approval to fly certain coordinates at a certain time, and my liability insurance policy. They see that I'm a responsible flyer and they leave. And sometimes they even go back to the crackpot who called them and will "educate" them.

Last edited:
What's the best source for a Dork Vest? People have posted links to Amazon sold vests before, but these seem more official.

Thanks, Chris

What's the best source for a Dork Vest? People have posted links to Amazon sold vests before, but these seem more official.

Thanks, Chris

That’s an example of a cheap safety vest. Doesn’t say anything but you can add lettering at any shirt place.

Most public safety places order from Galls...

No i don’t work for Galls, just have been ordering stuff for the past 29 years

I pull out my 107 cert, the LAANC notification showing FAA approval to fly certain coordinates at a certain time, and my liability insurance policy. They see that I'm a responsible flyer and they leave. And sometimes they even go back to the crackpot who called them and will "educate" them.

Kudos to you that you can do all that while flying...<;^)

D

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07

Thanks, Chris

Amazon. eBay. I used to have a cheap-a** dork vest I think I paid 5 bux for. My business partner gifted me a nice one from "Radians" that I'm sure he paid way more than 5 bux for.

D

As a pro photographer I adopted the use of a tool belt to carry all my extras such as speed lights, remotes, tablet, batteries, etc. Now I use it to fly, paired with my vest I look the part. Don’t like being bothered while flying.

Reactions: MTO and Harleydude
Stay calm, be honest, be polite, follow instructions, don’t be passive.

Don’t know what you mean by passive, but I agree with everything else you said and I am a cop.

Basically, as long as you’re following the law, and don’t act like an obnoxious person who just comes off wanting to resist authority (recalcitrant), you’ll have no issues. Police have to investigate all calls for service. Doesn’t mean they will, or even want to, shut you down, they just want to make sure you are on the up and up.

I just waive as the police roll up, they usually just keep driving slowly by...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1