how much time the P4 pro can stand flying?

Reaction score
i talked to dji staff and told me the P4 is designed to fly 30 minutes. I could not find any other info so I tried with six batteries and my test ran smoothly for 115minutes (at 21C temp)... no warming warnings... I was impressed but i wonder if temperature would be a few degrees higher if that would work...
Any experiences or comments would be appreciated

Is it possible they were talking about the max flight time of the Phantom?

You should be able to safely fly all of your batteries back-to-back.

yes, it worked perfetly.

Im working with aereal images in large areas

i made another test yesterday and the P4pro covered 1.3 sq Km (321acres) in one continuous flight (using 6 batteries) at 26 C (79F) in 77minutes of flight time
I wonder if the machine could cover 4 sq Km (988 acres) at 30C (86F) in two flight plans

has any body tested covering large areas? and how much time the rotors would work without warming troubles?

any opinions would be appreciated

i made another test yesterday and the P4pro covered 1.3 sq Km (321acres) in one continuous flight (using 6 batteries)

Could you please share a photo of your craft with 6 batteries on board to fly continuously in one flight for 77 min?

This I want to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loz
I’ve never had a problem running six batteries back to to back. I haven’t noticed a progressive heating from flight to flight, but I’m not using a laser thermo to check that scientifically.

I think they mean continuous back to back flights with no cool down in between... not one continuous flight. :)
Well, the OP actually stated "one continuous flight", nothing about back to back, after "back to back" was suggested for clarification by msinger. We'll have to wait and see if he had a typo.

i made another test yesterday and the P4pro covered 1.3 sq Km (321acres) in one continuous flight (using 6 batteries)

oops... --english not my first language... -- I meant: one batt, change, another batt, change.... son on.. i did not give time to cool the rottors...
this test is because a client ask me if I could do a flight in Baja Airport 4.4 sq km (around 1087 acres) but they only have a time space of 90 minutes per day for the drone. I imagine I could do it in two days but dont know if the rottors could make it because of the desert temperature which this days is 32C (90F)...

thanks for the replies,

Last edited:
i did not give time to cool the motors...
Like a car engine, the Phantom doesn't warm up and keep getting hotter and hotter.
It has a fan to keep air moving through the drone and battery.
The internal temperature will warm up and reaches a stable maximum depending on the local air temperature.
It doesn't require any cool-down time between flights.

Like a car engine, the Phantom doesn't warm up and keep getting hotter and hotter.
It has a fan to keep air moving through the drone and battery.
The internal temperature will warm up and reaches a stable maximum depending on the local air temperature.
It doesn't require any cool-down time between flights.

We have been trying to get this message across , as so many flyers stress over the heat of the drone as they just do not understand this concept
This is a message that needs to be stated more frequently , for so many are not aware of that.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31