P4 Pro V2.0 Drifting off POI

Reaction score
I previously flew a P4 Advanced and used Litchi quite often to run various waypoint missions, never had an issue.

I recently upgraded to a P4 Pro V2.0 and immediately noticed a problem running the same waypoint missions. The aircraft would maintain it's lock on the POI for a short time and then start to drift off, making the footage useless. I check and rechecked the missions, created new ones, same results.

I created a test mission around my house, ran the mission, the first half was ok then it started drifting to the left and was pointing to an area about 280' from the actual POI. I created a new mission, placing the waypoints in the same location as the first test mission, but in the opposite direction, thinking the counterclockwise rotation of the aircraft might be the problem. Surprisingly, the results were the same, the aircraft aimed at the same point 280' from the actual POI at pretty much the same points along the route.

I emailed Litchi and the response was, "There are known drifting issues for the P4 Pro V2, I think this could be the reason why you are having these issues: Phantom4 Pro v2 not flying right!"

I have attached a video showing the problem. The video is low quality and sped up, so it's less than 1 minute. The aircraft and remote are on the latest firmware (V01.00.1500). I thought about rolling back the firmware, but I can't seem to find an earlier version and DJI Assistant 2 doesn't list any but the current version.

This wouldn't be a huge deal, I am certainly capable of flying the aircraft manually, but I have been working on a project for the past year with the same video taken at different times of the year to do seasonal transitions and this is the last segment I need, as everything is in bloom.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sadly It’s a known issue. Tons written about it.

As you are running Litchi DJI will not care in the least if you send them the video.DJI will just blame it on the third party software.

I would suggest to Take a video with DJIgo4 and open a case.

I have and many others too. Only by constant pressure from users will DJI address this issue hopefully with firmware.

It’s been an issue since day 1.

Paul C

Sadly It’s a known issue. Tons written about it.

As you are running Litchi DJI will not care in the least if you send them the video.DJI will just blame it on the third party software.

I would suggest to Take a video with DJIgo4 and open a case.

I have and many others too. Only by constant pressure from users will DJI address this issue hopefully with firmware.

It’s been an issue since day 1.

Paul C

Thanks, Paul. I'll open a case with DJI and won't mention Litchi.

I spend daaays just reaaaming people at DJI out about this. I'm not usually unpleasant but when these jerkoffs abandon people who've bought an older product because they've just released a new one it makes me outrageously angry. The yaw drift is the bain of my existence. I've also just started experienced glitching in my video's which is why I'm so furious.

Here's my video.

You'll notice it only happens after the drone rotates. It doesn't do it if you fly straight into a position and stop. There's hundreds of google results where people but the drone on its back and spend what I can only guess is days trying to level it with baseball cards to get some kinda relief from it. Or you'll get the odd dude that's like "Oh hey recalibrate this or that". Just recalibrate everything all day long. Don't bother flying it.

Yes. The drone just continues the motion of the yaw/pan. I just continue stick pressure against it. But for sure you can’t let go of the stick.

Paul C

I spend daaays just reaaaming people at DJI out about this. I'm not usually unpleasant but when these jerkoffs abandon people who've bought an older product because they've just released a new one it makes me outrageously angry. The yaw drift is the bain of my existence. I've also just started experienced glitching in my video's which is why I'm so furious.

Here's my video.

You'll notice it only happens after the drone rotates. It doesn't do it if you fly straight into a position and stop. There's hundreds of google results where people but the drone on its back and spend what I can only guess is days trying to level it with baseball cards to get some kinda relief from it. Or you'll get the odd dude that's like "Oh hey recalibrate this or that". Just recalibrate everything all day long. Don't bother flying it.

Thanks, Leo. I hope they fix it soon, or this thing is either going on the shelf or being sold and I'll get something non-DJI that works.

I received a response from DJI Support in regards to my issue.
DJI Response.jpg

At least they are working on it.

Good news

Paul C

A firmware update for the P4 Pro V2.0 was released today. I updated my aircraft and very happy to report that the issue of unsteady hover and not maintaining heading has been corrected. I flew 4 batteries and tested everything I could and the aircraft flies perfectly now!

Reactions: Oso and pa2x
A firmware update for the P4 Pro V2.0 was released today. I updated my aircraft and very happy to report that the issue of unsteady hover and not maintaining heading has been corrected. I flew 4 batteries and tested everything I could and the aircraft flies perfectly now!

Where? Nothing on DJI for it and nothing in the DJI Assistant 2 Shows up, still showing V01.00.1500 6/26/2018

It popped up on the DJI Go 4 screen when I fired everything up and I updated from there.

What's strange is I just checked it in DJI Go 4 and it shows the version as 01.00.1500, which was the version that was on it before the update. It took almost 30 minutes to update.

I updated the firmware to 01.00.1500 when I first got the P4P V2.0 back in August. After having the issues I was having I refreshed it in DJI Assistant 2. Been flying it for about a month since. I flew it this morning just as I have been. This afternoon I fired it up and got the update message, so I updated.

All I know is now it hovers perfectly and keeps the heading right where it's set to be. I ran the Litchi Waypoint mission I used to test it back in August and it now keeps on the POI. I had a ticket opened with DJI Support. Could they have targeted the update to just the ones that had a ticket open for this issue? I don't know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4