How much better will P4P range be?

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has heard how much better P4P range will be in common scenario's? Such as some dense tree coverage? Or a busy neighborhood area with lots of wi-fi? Or being under 200ft in altitude and out about a mile?

Just curious if anyone has heard how much better P4P range will be in common scenario's? Such as some dense tree coverage? Or a busy neighborhood area with lots of wi-fi? Or being under 200ft in altitude and out about a mile?
There are way too many variables to be able to answer that.
But you should be able to get plenty of range if you are in an interference=free area.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
My experience with the Inspire 1 Pro is that in areas with wifi and cellular noise there can be interference even when the drone is only 100m away but in isolated areas with little wifi and cellular noise the range can be several miles. In my case I've had comm issues within 100m and be able to go over 9000 feet in an isolated area with no signs of comm problems. I should add that when I tested this is was in the desert away from just about everything and would not recommend doing long range tests anywhere near built up areas or where AC of helicopters might be.

Brian

I can get 3 miles easy on my p4 with full bars. I have windsurfers but have yet to use them. In the city I have never needed to go more than 1 mile but can get at least that every time.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good question, I want to know this too. If reports are good and it can competently fly at least 3mi in open areas, I'll be buying myself one for Christmas. :D

I was very disappointed in my P4 range using the stock GL300C controller, often crapping out at 4000' in open areas that I normally go 2+ miles with my P3P. My P4 didn't perform nearly as well as my P3P (with GL300A) for range. However using an Inspire controller (GL658A) with my P4 fixed that problem. Both craft can go 3mi with windsurfer in most open areas, but 2 or 2.5mi is usually my norm for long distance flights, providing some loiter time.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Also registering interest in this. Be cool to do FPV with some sweet range, p3p doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

I can get 3 miles easy on my p4 with full bars. I have windsurfers but have yet to use them. In the city I have never needed to go more than 1 mile but can get at least that every time.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I've gotten into the habit of always using windsurfers. I once found myself scrambling to get them on as my signal was dwindling. Now I like to be prepared, confident and flying with a tad less anxiety [emoji3] [emoji41]

Larry

Good question, I want to know this too. If reports are good and it can competently fly at least 3mi in open areas, I'll be buying myself one for Christmas. :D

I was very disappointed in my P4 range using the stock GL300C controller, often crapping out at 4000' in open areas that I normally go 2+ miles with my P3P. My P4 didn't perform nearly as well as my P3P (with GL300A) for range. However using an Inspire controller (GL658A) with my P4 fixed that problem. Both craft can go 3mi with windsurfer in most open areas, but 2 or 2.5mi is usually my norm for long distance flights, providing some loiter time.
Yeah I know what you mean on P4 range John. Even in fairly open areas I have transmission and RC inside of 3000 at times. I was also out 6500 two weeks ago in Southern Utah without much glitching at all. Altitude helps for sure. But I just ordered the P4P 3 days ago. Fingers crossed on range but so stoked about new camera and things they addressed with this new Phantom!

I've went 4000 feet before I got too nervous and flew back but the signal was still strong

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31