Hi all! Newbie here and crashed my p3 standard

Reaction score
just as the title hints at I crashed and the drone is intact
Came in contact with a small branch and dropped about 20 ft thru a pergola and landed on a plastic chair.
So the issue is my camera is 90 degrees out of calibration. I still have video. My drone is making some Very strange noises... trying to calibrate? I'm sick over it and I knew something like this would happen but just would like to had a few more fights with it. I'm not one to force things but it seems like I just need to get it turned 90 degrees. Yes/no? Thanks to any all that can help. Tim

First off welcome to the group and I'm sorry for your mishap. Most likely a gimbal motor is out of alignment. There is a grub screw that holds it in place. There are several videos on youtube that show how to fix it depending on which motor is out of alignment.

Thank you for the information.. hate to start off with a problem question with the group..
I will look that up. If you look at the drone the camera is on its side and sticks trying to align itself is the best explanation I have to give.. just afraid to pry or force the camera around.. this is my first real drone and I have been careful in my flights and somehow it flew right into a tree... I will get some pictures of the issue and post. BUT I do really appreciate your reply and Thank you again. TIM

Welcome to he Forum!

So what is your F/C ratio?
Flights v.s. Crashes :eek:

Sorry, just like any mistake, it takes time to get over it. :rolleyes:
If you have another, it feels just the same. ;)

Anyways, sounds like you should post a picture of what is actually out 90 degrees. Could be just as stated the grub screw, but look for anything that might be bent.

Keeps us up to date.

Rod

Reactions: Newbieguy
HI one and only crash.. about 20 flights and just around our property and filming our horses. I don't have much time to look on YouTube so its has been a slow process. I am just getting to looking at some video's tonight. Thanks for the information guys.. I DO APPRECIATE IT. Tim

Sorry slow to do anything but my life doesn't allow the time for this very often... I watched the videos on you tube. Took the cover off with the 5 screws and was able to moved the shaft with pliers and it was stuck now I have better movement. Questions now are :where the camera rotates that outer silver "hub" gets really warm and I can't get the gimbal to calibrate. Battery was really low so charging and trying it again in the morning. Thanks again for help

Anything new?

Rod

HI Rod, thank you for checking in on me... I am struggling very much and appreciate your help and concern.
I have looked at video's and have not found the one yet that I need because I have tried what they have (or I am just incompetent ) I do not have much spare time and when I do it is taken up by family so I have not had much time to devote to this... I love flying this and the ability it has given me to photo our property and surrounding scenery is very much missed
My image is upside down and the memory card is at the12 o'clock position.. that tell anyone anything?? The card slot and lettering are upside down Still getting gimbal overload . I have taken the 5 phillips head screws out and leveled the camera but as I can see this is not my source of the problem... HELP is appreciated and hope to pay it forward somehow with what I learn... Thank you and I will get a picture posted....

I am looking at more videos right now... Thank you for such a fast reply! I wonder if I need to rotate the shaft that goes thru the circuit board (under the 5 phillips head screws)?? could it be so simple I did not rotate around enough... say 180 degrees?? the video I am listening to says I might have the same issue he did...
Am I out anything or going to hurt it if I do what is in this video??? Thanks, tim

I'm going to answer that question.

#1 I would want to see a picture of yours first. :)
#2 I haven't watched the video yet. ;)
:D

But let us know!

Rod

Well I watched without sound, I'm at work. :)

Looks like just taking the back off you would be able to see if it is out of wack.

I think I will look at mine, mine is working pretty good, but hard turns to the right on Litchi missions the Left landing gear comes into view.

Rod

I posted pictures a few days ago and just checked... dont see them..:mad:. I will try again from a computer instead of my phone. Thanks guys..

upload_2017-11-14_10-19-47.jpeg

Attachments

• gimbal6.jpg
    gimbal6.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 335
Did something get separated and you snapped it back together 180 degrees out?

Rod

@J Dot, I just saw your post to @SunnyD.

You got any idea what is going on with @Tmschuller on this thread?

Rod

Hey guys,
Lol, I'm here! ;)

Upon looking at your pictures, the first thing I see,
Your ROLL, arm is installed 180degrees backwards! Should be on the LEFT side, NOT right side, in picture 1! This will also cure your upside down picture, and SD card slot position!
You might have to loosen it to swing past the stopper pin!

Let me know what happens after you Flip it back to correct position! :)

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20