Gimbal Problem: câmera tilt down while flying and somethimes not straighten with horizon

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am having this problem with my drone. When I take off, the camera make a quick tilt move, like in the video bellow. And sometimes get lost the straighten with the horizon.

I already tried to do the normal calibration and the IMU calibration. Already tried to align the shaft of the gimbal

Any suggestion? Is it a hardware or software problem?

is it tilting like that on its own? it almost looks like you have it set in FPV mode as apposed to follow me mode may want to check those settings

is it tilting like that on its own? it almost looks like you have it set in FPV mode as apposed to follow me mode may want to check those settings

Yes , by its own, every time a fly, but it is on follow mode. Do think if could be ribbon cable? Or any software bug that make it looks like FPV?

@LeonardoLima

Welcome to the forum! :)

You started a thread in Pro/Adv
Gimbal Problem: câmera tilt down while flying and somethimes not straighten with horizon

Less than 2 hours, you started this thread, if you did the first one by mistake you could have clicked report, and stated please move, etc. A mod will usually move it.
Multi threads makes confusing for people to help. ;)

That is a very odd problem, can you make it do this by holding it with motors off?
Is this only while recording or all the time flying?
While your flying, what happens when you adjust the gimbal with the remote?

Rod

Reactions: LeonardoLima
@LeonardoLima

Welcome to the forum! :)

You started a thread in Pro/Adv

Less than 2 hours, you started this thread, if you did the first one by mistake you could have clicked report, and stated please move, etc. A mod will usually move it.
Multi threads makes confusing for people to help. ;)

That is a very odd problem, can you make it do this by holding it with motors off?
Is this only while recording or all the time flying?
While your flying, what happens when you adjust the gimbal with the remote?

Rod

Sorry man, that is because it is my first time publishing. I will be carreful next time.

It is happening since the last two weeks, it still happening when I turn on the drone by holding it with the motors off, not only when flying.

It is happening without recording too.

When I am flying, even when I move the gimbal or change the direction it happens too.

There is a red blinking light appearing on the gimbal.

Is it possible to be ribbon cabble ?

Been there. ;)

I don't know, except check all connections, at least you can check it with out in the air.

The red light blinking should be when your taking video. Other than that I think i should be solid red. Funny how you don't pay much attention when everything is working.

As posted on the other thread, Re linking is worth a try, but I doubt it.

You stated
"normal calibration and the IMU calibration"
Is this the gimbal?

Rod

"Already tried to align the shaft of the gimbal"
This was the grub screw?

I was having some twitches, but not severe as yours, I will look for my posts.

Anyways I would do another IMU, and then follow with the gimbal calibration again, maybe again.

Stuff on IMU, skip the refrigerator.
IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP

Rod

Yes , by its own, every time a fly, but it is on follow mode. Do think if could be ribbon cable? Or any software bug that make it looks like FPV?
HMM yeah this is an odd one, I'm almost inclined to think its a gimbal motor issue maybe heating up. connections could be an issue id try making sure all are secure.

That's cool how do you do that. :rolleyes:

Sorry. :)

Have you calibrated the IMU and Gimbal again?

Here is a video that came up after yours on YouTube. :eek:

Rod

Thanks for the video. I’ve been having the same issue with my P34K. Off by maybe 0.5 degrees. More of an annoyance as I was the only one that that ever noticed it. Glad it was an easy fix.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj