Reaction score
Materials Used:
1.) Painter's Tape
2.) Silicone Tape
3.) Pencil
4.) Razor
5.) Paper

What's the point of turning off VPS?
People usually turn off the VPS when they fly over water or if they run battery mods.

Steps
1.) Place a piece of paper over the sensors
2.) Run the pencil back and forth over the vps with the paper on top to get the outline
3.) Cut a small piece of silicone tape
4.) Place the paper with the shaded outlines on top of the silicone tape
5.) Cut out the circles with a razer
6.) Place the silicone tape circles into the sensors and seal it with a strip of painter's tape
7.) After applying the tape, cut small slices to form a better seal
8.) Enjoy your VPS free flight

IMG_0999.JPG

Another phantompilot shared a tip on how to turn off the vps by applying electrical tape. It didn't work for me since it kept on yo-yoing up and down, and it left a sticky residue. This method is a clean and easy way to turn off the VPS. Plus, it's easy to remove. Enjoy.

*Do note that the silicone tape may be optional. This just so happened to do the trick for me, so here is a 100% working method.

Yep I was wondering too why Do we need to go for such elaborate tapes etc when VPS can easily be disabled by settings on the go app.

Materials Used:
1.) Painter's Tape
2.) Silicone Tape
3.) Pencil
4.) Razor
5.) Paper

What's the point of turning off VPS?
People usually turn off the VPS when they fly over water or if they run battery mods.

Steps
1.) Place a piece of paper over the sensors
2.) Run the pencil back and forth over the vps with the paper on top to get the outline
3.) Cut a small piece of silicone tape
4.) Place the paper with the shaded outlines on top of the silicone tape
5.) Cut out the circles with a razer
6.) Place the silicone tape circles into the sensors and seal it with a strip of painter's tape
7.) After applying the tape, cut small slices to form a better seal
8.) Enjoy your VPS free flight

View attachment 80079

Another phantompilot shared a tip on how to turn off the vps by applying electrical tape. It didn't work for me since it kept on yo-yoing up and down, and it left a sticky residue. This method is a clean and easy way to turn off the VPS. Plus, it's easy to remove. Enjoy.

*Do note that the silicone tape may be optional. This just so happened to do the trick for me, so here is a 100% working method.
HI I don't won't to be rude but Yeh just turn it off,,if anything that's confusing your drone...sorry...happy flying anyway:)

Reactions: OOO and tml4191
Thanks. I thought that the p4 series didn't have this option. Well this is news to me. Hopefully I can just turn it off in menu for my battery mod to work without going up and down(yoyo).
HI I it's got a coffee button to,,,kidding,,depending where I fly I leave on now and turn off the OB ..justs gives me nice stable hover,,,:)I don't plan to fly into anything so ob is off...don't trust it

Reactions: tml4191
If you are using DJI GO4, they do.
This is news to me! Thanks. I searched these older posts that said that they didn't have the vps disable for the p4, so this works too, but what everyone else recommended is definitely better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav