Help on used P4P I found

Reaction score
Found a P4P at a pawn shop at a good price if it is perfect. Two problems, which if they are simple fixes I'm good to go. Please help - advise me.

1. The camera aims a little left and maybe a hair off horizontal. I assume I can fix in the app with a gimbal recalc or yaw adjustment. Am I right?
Otherwise it works fine, holds level when I tilt drone, and transmits video to the app on my phone.
2. Motors don't start when I move the controls down and in. but motors do start when I slide the auto take off in the app. It recognizes that the props aren/t attached, and shuts down after a few seconds. Any ideas?
It's highly probable that the firmware isn't the latest, but could that affect the props?

Thanks in advance from a newbie to you experts!

DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE for the moment at least.
I encountered #2 on a P3 adv, try a) calibrating the jotysticks and b) if that doesn't work you may need to replace a joystick..
I found the proceedure, as shown in the App, for calibrating the joystick somewhat hard to understand, I kept missing a step, if you try it and it does not work could I suggest you list on here every single step of the procedure that you make.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
* Camera (should) correct with calibration.
* RC calibration should fix sticks start-up.
* Motors should continue running with Props Off. (Warnings)?
* Check battery health! They’re expensive and can ruin a
good deal if bad. (I know).
* If it flys, Don’t Update Firmware.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
* Motors should continue running with Props Off. (Warnings)?
P3s shut down after running 4-5 seconds without props. Are P4s different in that regard?

It seemed to me to be a good thing, the app recognizing that the props were off. I'll try my P4 to see what it does.
As to the if it flies, dont' update, is there a firmware version that is recommended? I can leave it alone or maybe upgrade/downgrade to the most recommended version.
As to the other issues, it sounds like they are easily fixable. More feedback welcome.

Good news. In my post, I said that the motors turned on when I hit takeoff in the app. Did the same with my P4, and the app recognized the fact that the props were not attached. Warning and shut off occured. So this was not a case of manually turning on the motors with no props attached.

Reactions: Oso
Hmm, my P3P’s don’t shut down with the props off. My wife’s P3A doesn’t either. Are they supposed to?
My P3 adv & pro do not shut down the motors if there are no props attached BUT I manually start them, I get warnings about loose or unattached props.

Hmm, my P3P’s don’t shut down with the props off. My wife’s P3A doesn’t either. Are they supposed to?
Try it if you have a moment and if you want to of course. Use the auto takeoff with no props on and let us know what happens after 4-5 seconds. I still use several years old FW and apps, so maybe it’s different with newer versions. Note: I haven’t used auto take off for years. I was just commenting on what the OP said about using it. ?

Try it if you have a moment and if you want to of course. Use the auto takeoff with no props on and let us know what happens after 4-5 seconds. I still use several years old FW and apps, so maybe it’s different with newer versions. Note: I haven’t used auto take off for years. I was just commenting on what the OP said about using it. ?
Will do! It is interesting, being that I’ve never used auto takeoff, I have never heard of it shutting down without props. I’m always learning something new on this forum ??

Check to see which stick mode the rc is in. Mode two is the most common.
Good one. I don’t use mode 2, so I move my sticks differently to start the motors. I always forget to suggest people check that as well.

My P4 Had a similar camera issue. I had to do the camera calibration with the drone on its back side facing up

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31