Automatic takeoff no longer works with latest FW and DJI GO

Reaction score
Like the performance and stability of the P3P with the latest software but can not now use auto take off on my iPad Air 2. Does anyone have same problem and an idea of a fix?

Like the performance and stability of the P3P with the latest software but can not now use auto take off on my iPad Air 2. Does anyone have same problem and an idea of a fix?
Did you upgrade to the GO app?

I never once used auto takeoff - does it have any advantages over just pulling the sticks together? You inspired me to give it a try. BUT ... old school here ... I also have never owned a car with an automatic transmission. :)

Reactions: snowghost
Make sure your Home Point is set and you are in P-GPS with good satellite locks.
Both as per your suggestion but still does not work

I have new FW 1.3.2, updated Go App 2.0 and RC. I have been using iPad Mini 3 since previous dji fw versions and now with the new one.

I practiced over 10 auto t/o and rth with no problem from my end.

Do a mental rewind of everything you've done so far updating wise and double check.

Good luck!

I never once used auto takeoff - does it have any advantages over just pulling the sticks together? You inspired me to give it a try. BUT ... old school here ... I also have never owned a car with an automatic transmission. :)
No real advantage as far as I can see and there have been some unfortunate incidences using it. Rather just curious as to why it used to work with the Pilot but not with DJI Go!

Aside from trying it once when I initially got the p3 I never use it. I'll have to try it out and report back.

What doesn't seem to work for me is FPV mode. It doesn't engage, although I've only tried it indoors while choosing settings for my switches. I still have a lot of experimenting to do!!

After updating both the fw and app, I tried auto takeoff for the first time ever yesterday, just out of curiosity. Worked fine on my iPad mini 2. It took me a minute to figure out that the button changes to autoland once you start the motors.

Frankly, I don't see the purpose of having it. I don't like taking my hands off the controller to push buttons on the screen if I don't need to.

After updating both the fw and app, I tried auto takeoff for the first time ever yesterday, just out of curiosity. Worked fine on my iPad mini 2. It took me a minute to figure out that the button changes to autoland once you start the motors.

Frankly, I don't see the purpose of having it. I don't like taking my hands off the controller to push buttons on the screen if I don't need to.
+1

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I had used the auto take off / land functions from time to time while demonstrating the tech to friends. It never ceased to amaze people, but I stopped doing it when the VPS issues were introduced with FW 1.2.7 for the P3A. The instability was just too much for a good demonstration of those particular features, though there was still plenty of other awesomeness to demonstrate.

When I saw your post, I gave both features a try to be sure that they worked with the new software. I had no issues at all with auto take off or with auto landing. They both worked perfectly with my Air 2 as they did prior to FW 1.2.7.

Are your issues with auto take off now resolved?

I had used the auto take off / land functions from time to time while demonstrating the tech to friends. It never ceased to amaze people, but I stopped doing it when the VPS issues were introduced with FW 1.2.7 for the P3A. The instability was just too much for a good demonstration of those particular features, though there was still plenty of other awesomeness to demonstrate.

When I saw your post, I gave both features a try to be sure that they worked with the new software. I had no issues at all with auto take off or with auto landing. They both worked perfectly with my Air 2 as they did prior to FW 1.2.7.

Are your issues with auto take off now resolved?
ISO, many thanks for asking. Still have problems. Not able to fly outside because of the weather. Without props on indoors, the auto takeoff appears to work for a few seconds and then the mottors stop. This will only work once. Another attempt at auto takeoff does nothing. A manual takeoff, no problem. And like others, this is what I do to have full control and climb to a safe height I'd say 12 feet.

I am taking of syncing my flight records and downloading a fresh copy of DJI Go to see whether that solves the problem.

Auto Takeoff might be good for indoor flight. I've taken off inside both with and without it though. Every blue moon I'll do one outside to see how stable she is from the get-go. I like flying myself. And I too have never owned an auto trans LOL

Well, I downloaded a fresh copy of DJI Go, no difference. Motors spool up and then shut down a few seconds later. Maybe, this is intentional if the props are not attached, for example to prevent the motors overheating. Will try again tomorrow with props attached as the weather should be better.

Sorry, I totally missed that you were doing this sans props. I removed my props and tried it. Same results you see. Spins up, then shuts down after a couple of seconds. Must be by design.

Reactions: JoBe
Oso, thanks very much for taking the trouble of confirming my findings. Tomorrow, I shall try her out with props to see if it works properly. This after all a fairly minor problem since I, and most others, take off manually. Just hope it's not one of a number of more serious glitches with the new software. Yesterday, I flew 3 batteries and had great flights! Very stable and she behaved impeccably.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic