HDMI = Don't waste your money on the module!!

I'm having the same problem. I am only able to fly for about 150 to 200 ft out and then I lose contact with the AC. It is so bad that even when I disconnect the HDMI cable, there is still no connection. I can't do anything. I have to hit RTH and after about about 1 1/2 minute there is enough connection for it to initiate RTH. However, my Galaxy Tab 4 is still frozen. I can't get it back to see what is going on. I have to restart it to get anything on it. I was thinking it was my tablet. But you are using an iPad. I'm using the HDMI module too. It used to work though. The only thing I did was to get a longer HDMI cable, 6ft vs. 3ft. I'll try the 3ft again and compare them to see if that is the problem. Hmmm. This is crazy.

That's interesting...I'm at the stage where I'll try anything. I'll try a 3' cable also...stay tuned.

I'm having the same problem. I am only able to fly for about 150 to 200 ft out and then I lose contact with the AC. It is so bad that even when I disconnect the HDMI cable, there is still no connection. I can't do anything. I have to hit RTH and after about about 1 1/2 minute there is enough connection for it to initiate RTH. However, my Galaxy Tab 4 is still frozen. I can't get it back to see what is going on. I have to restart it to get anything on it. I was thinking it was my tablet. But you are using an iPad. I'm using the HDMI module too. It used to work though. The only thing I did was to get a longer HDMI cable, 6ft vs. 3ft. I'll try the 3ft again and compare them to see if that is the problem. Hmmm. This is crazy.

I used to get a lot of interference on my Headplays until I disconnected the wireless module. I'm only using the HDMI on them so it didn't affect me.

My HDMI module has worked flawless for over a year now, my P3P is on 1.6 firmware. Never had any issues with my Headplay goggles except difficulty plugging the HDMI cable into that buried connector. Oh yeah, I've also spent about $100 figuring out the best way to change the focal length. Carsen lenses work best, they come in different power strengths, can be tie wrapped inside and you can ditch the fresnel lens, which is worthless for older eyes that need a longer focal length. The RHO lenses are nice quality optics, but they don't provide a good way to mount the lens, really micky mouse, and expensive.

The HDMI option dosn't come up you have to go into settings to turn it on. When I installed my hdmi I had to update the firmware in the RC for the hdmi to work and it has worked without any problems since then. Never have I had a signal loss in my headplays with a 6 foot hdmi cable. Try re-installing your firmware and check the ribbon cable, don't pull it out with tweezers as you may damage it, ask me how I know! I had to replace mine because of a very small pinch in the cable, I replaced it and that's a (*^&&^ because you have to open your RC, so I installed Jakes clean install kit at the same time, win win.

Last edited:
Installed the HDMI module a month ago. No issues as described above. Works flawlessly.

How do you get chromecast working when plugged into HeadPlay. I thought chromecast had to be connected to a network? Also, what are you using to power the chromecast, unless the Headplay has batteries and it draws from that?

I use another cell phone as an AP for the chromecast to connect to. To Power it i have one of those 10$ USB backup power batteries.. It lasts like 6 hrs...

Reactions: indur
I bought some goggles from amazon for $10 and the litchi app... I fly fpv all the time. Just saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160917_093621.jpg
20160917_094146.jpg
20160917_094009.jpg

I made my own with a set of VRs and some RHO lenses, fly using USB, only problem I encountered was not being able to toggle between photo and video or cancelling RTH being as the phone is clipped into the front of the goggles, an option I may look at is using another phone in the holder and splitting the usb

[Doink] That looks just like what I did. Can you PM me. maybe we can compare notes. I used a HooToo viewer and it works fine but is kind of heavy and I wish it was more adjustable since some people see double in mine, some don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
No, max. 1lb more weight (.5 bat/.5 chromecast).. All velcroed to the HeadPlay. I've never seen your goggles b4, all good, can you provide a comparison ?

Waking up an old thread, my HDMI output module went dead.
For the past 6 months or so, it worked flawlessly with a pair of Headplay Goggles (Rho lens). Then, without warning, the USB connection failed. I could not get my iPad to connect with the controller (no "ding" on insertion of usb wire). I tried multiple wires, to no effect. Finally, I pulled out the HDMI output module and replaced with the stock USB module. Viola!, I could connect with the remote... but now I have useless goggles and have to spend another $99 on HDMI output module.
I'd love to know if other users have experienced similar failures.

Waking up an old thread, my HDMI output module went dead.
For the past 6 months or so, it worked flawlessly with a pair of Headplay Goggles (Rho lens). Then, without warning, the USB connection failed. I could not get my iPad to connect with the controller (no "ding" on insertion of usb wire). I tried multiple wires, to no effect. Finally, I pulled out the HDMI output module and replaced with the stock USB module. Viola!, I could connect with the remote... but now I have useless goggles and have to spend another $99 on HDMI output module.
I'd love to know if other users have experienced similar failures.

It turns out my HDMI module was faulty right out of the box. I borrowed a friend's module, and it works flawlessly. Drones Plus in Toronto gave me a full refund. Now my problem seems to be an International backorder in the replacement module. It never ends!!!

I bought the HDMI module, installed it, powered up, nothing.. had to unplug and re-plug it back in before It worked. Did not like that having to replug it every time so I returned it.

I have just same problem. HDMI system sucks. Its somebody never see workin HDMI module in use????

View attachment 65232 View attachment 65233 View attachment 65234

I made my own with a set of VRs and some RHO lenses, fly using USB, only problem I encountered was not being able to toggle between photo and video or cancelling RTH being as the phone is clipped into the front of the goggles, an option I may look at is using another phone in the holder and splitting the usb
My understanding, but I haven't tried it is you can't split the usb even with a usb hub. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20