HDMI = Don't waste your money on the module!!

Some have had trouble with it on a P4. Seems something would touch something else when everything was screwed down on the RC but worked when left open.

Hi all!

I get just new HDMI module our retailer. Belive or not, its work!
My first module was broken, DJI dont check it, only change RC to new one.

JAri

I have the HDMI module from back in late 2015. I used it with my Headplay goggles a couple of times. However, ever since I had the module there have been video connection problems. But, at the time, DJI was coming out with new FW versions right and left. The general consensus was that DJI screwed up the FW each and almost every time. I had this HDMI module on my P3A and when I bought my P3P, I moved the HDMI module from the P3A to the P3P. Same issues with video connectivity. I used to have to unplug the USB cable from the tablet, turn on the AC, then the remote and then before the two connected, I had to plug in the USB cable to the tablet to get the menu to pop up so I could select DJI GO. It was a constant Pain you know where.

BUT... I just replaced the HDMI module with the original non-HDMI module. I'm not using the goggles now anyway. When I took out the circuit board of the original module and compared it to the HDMI module, the soldering on the HDMI module was the worst I had ever seen. It was as if there was no solder in the four contact points at all. The solder in the original module had nicely protruding points of solder evenly committed in all four holes. DJI should have a class action law suit against them for this. These HDMI modules are way over priced at $99.00 each. The good news is that I can now fly without losing connection at all. I no longer have to disconnect the USB cable prior to starting the RC or AC. Just leave it in. Man this is nice. I have suffered because of the Chinese manner of quality control. They are 'consistently inconsistent'. Some of the comments above say their modules work. Probably because DJI finally got their act together. Anybody with a defective module should either replace it with the original they took off, buy another newer module, or complain heavily to DJI, probably to no avail. I felt it important to let you all know, that DJI's older HDMI modules have very bad soldering on the USB port on the HDMI module. Good luck to you all.

P.S. I have the latest in firmware up until the very recent 1.11.20 FW, 3.15 DJI GO. Not upgrading for a while until all the dust settles.

I just bought one this week but haven't put it on as of yet. The only reason I bought it was to use the goggles, but I don't know how to get the old one out. The screws are so tiny that I have no instrument or tool to fit the screws. I could use some help on this.

I just bought one this week but haven't put it on as of yet. The only reason I bought it was to use the goggles, but I don't know how to get the old one out. The screws are so tiny that I have no instrument or tool to fit the screws. I could use some help on this.
Well the obvious thing is that you will need to buy the correct tools.
Watch some YouTube videos on how to remove and replace.
It seems pretty logical to have the correct tools and instructions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20