having no luck with new update

I was able to update Bird with no issues but controller is another thing. I tried twice and as always it never updates like it says it supposed to with blue light solid then turning green. I finally got the blue light to come on..I checked on the ABOUT feature on DJI GO and it says I have both new updates?? . So I start up bird and the APP stills says overall status UPGRADE REQUIRED?? huh? Don't know how that is when I check about feature on APP it says I have both new updates installed. Come on DJI get it together. It seems to fly ok but still says UPDATE REQUIRED. ANNOYING! any suggestions? Ive deleted and reopened APP so that does no good. I just gonna fly it. Still bugs in this thing. I have first controller so I have to upgrade with USB Disk. DJI should send me the new one. I just bought the thing a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Guys and Gals...

I just now finished my update on my P3P from the previous FW v 1.3.2.

'Couple of tips and observations:

In my initial haste did not put the new (extracted) BIN file in the root directory. I placed it in the DCIM folder. The update did not start as evidenced by the camera LED remaining green and not blinking red / green.

Replaced the BIN file in the correct location and the update started immediately. My update took about 10 minutes, not nearly the 22 minutes that the previous update required. The update is complete when the camera LED stops blinking R/G and is steady green.

As with past FW updates the memory card will display a text folder with the message "success" if the update completed.

Next I updated my GO app (iOS) directly from the App Store app on my IPad Mini 3. Quick and easy there.

Connected my Mini to my controller and powered up my P3P (props off) and checked the "About" tab which confirmed the aircraft and app updates as 1.4.10 ans 2.2.0 respectively. No controller update.

Also checked to see if my batteries would update and there was no indication that the battery FW has been changed.

If you have done all the above successfully and are looking for the new flight modes you will need to turn on the multiple flight modes option and then toggle the FM switch to position one.

Tap the new icon that appears next to the GPS icon and be prepared to smile !

Enjoy.

:harry
Glad you had success. I still had issues with updating Controller. Blue light never acted quite right and green light never did what it said it was supposed to do. I had to update through USB(i have original controller) When I check ABOUT it shows both new upgrades. so don't have a clue what is going on. When I turn on controller is still shows UPDATE REQUIRED. How can that be if the ABOUT says I have new updates installed. Annoying.

Glad you had success. I still had issues with updating Controller. Blue light never acted quite right and green light never did what it said it was supposed to do. I had to update through USB(i have original controller) When I check ABOUT it shows both new upgrades. so don't have a clue what is going on. When I turn on controller is still shows UPDATE REQUIRED. How can that be if the ABOUT says I have new updates installed. Annoying.

What version of FW are you updating from? If you are updating from 1.3.2 and that was successful then the controller "should" have updated during that update. If you are moving from 1.1.9 there have been some reports of guys having trouble with the update.

:h

You don't need to upgrade the controller on the latest version

What version of FW are you updating from? If you are updating from 1.3.2 and that was successful then the controller "should" have updated during that update. If you are moving from 1.1.9 there have been some reports of guys having trouble with the update.

:h
thanks for your help! you know, now that you mention it, i had this same problem when I updated from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2. I was hoping with this new update 1.4 it would remedy the UPDATE REQUIRED that keeps coming up when ABOUT says I have new updates installed??? IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7105.JPG

I guess bottom line if ABOUT says I have newest upgrades I go with that. I don't like it though. Flying where I fly I don't need to be guessing if latest firmwares are installed when I get a warning saying something new is required.... come on DJI.

Might have shouted too soon, after download checked my text to confirm and got this result
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.23 12:24:32 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.09.07 15:56:47 =====================

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ... when I turned the P3A back on I get a loud constant beeping sound and nothing else... Any body understand this?

Here is the read out on ABOUT.....says latest are loaded on but I still get warning UPDATE REQUIRED! :(
IMG_7106.JPG

Ok now
I got the download complete but when I started the P3A it just beeps constantly. No lights just costant beeping. WtF any answers?

When I read the instructions they said there was no update for the controller this time.
I read the instructions. it seems that from here on the Remote will be updated from the app after version v1.3.20.
i think everything is good now.
side note. I couldn't get the camera to work after the update to the copter.
once i removed the BIN file from the SD card everything seem to be working fine.

Might have shouted too soon, after download checked my text to confirm and got this result
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.23 12:24:32 =====================

========== 2015.09.07 15:56:47 =====================

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ... when I turned the P3A back on I get a loud constant beeping sound and nothing else... Any body understand this?
As did I

Here is the read out on ABOUT.....says latest are loaded on but I still get warning UPDATE REQUIRED! :(View attachment 29965
UPDATE REQUIRED refers to your remote. Your remote needs to be 1.3.2 firmware to be latest.
Download 1.3.2 and update the controller as per DJI instructions.

***REMOTE CONTROLLER UPDATE IS REQUIRED if it is NOT the current 1.3.2***
Some users are still on 1.1.8, 1.1.9, 1.2.6, and 1.2.8 on their controllers. The latest 1.4 firmware will NOT update the controller. You need to do a 2 stage update. Get the bird and remote up to 1.3.2 and then do the 1.4 on the BIRD ONLY.

In the process of trying to download new firmware. when I inserted the SD card into the gimbal I powered up the P3A. the normal sounds came up along with yellow flashing lights but just a solid green light on the gimbal. This has been like this for at least 20 mins . This is not how my last update responded, Any one else having this issue or does anyone know what is going on?/// Need help please
Haveing the same prob. should have waited for a month for the fix update. lol....wont load and wont up grade remote, What does the flight screen on the tab. look like after an update?

i got a question. I am updating as im typing this.
this copter itself updated without any problems. but the remote is not seeing the update at all. it just sits there and does nothing.
anyone else getting this? or does the remote not need an update this time?

Had that same prob. nothing happened on remote, but let run 10min. anyway and the stuff now seems to be there......I think!!!!?????

The release notes were clear - the controller does not require an update. It's hard to criticize DJI for poor service if we aren't going to read the notes they publish on their website.

http://download.dji-innovations.com...antom_3_Professional_Release_Note_en_0907.pdf

Dji assumed everyone is on 1.3.2 on both bird and controller. This why they stated update on rc is not required. The 1.4s instruction is firmware for bird only.

Dji should have stated that firmware update 1.3.2 is required before 1.4.

If you have 1.4 on bird, then download the 1.3.2 and do firmware update for controller. This will get rid of the update required warning. remember to do all the batteries to 1.3.2 as 1.4 does not do battery either.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl