Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Also wanted to say thanks to Mohan again for all the information, you have got DJI a sale from me when I was really starting to look at the competition. I am sure you have also made DJI some other sales with this thread.

i know thats why I'm sticking with my fcc rated p2, i didn't mean the new p3 is crap just the new ce regulation.
It will be interesting to see what Blade Strike comes back with as the way he was was talking is he knew the facts and he was correct. Also the 2 guys on here from DJI can I ask what your job titles are with in DJI as you said you were more than a forum tech.

It will be good to have you around on here to help if things start going wrong with the P3 which I really hope they dont as it looks a nice bit of kit.

As of 4/5 this is what the PM told me. It seems some of you just like to call people out that are here to help you. Why would I have said something if I didn't receive the information?

What's the big deal about range anyway? I look after a small private estate in the Highlands, the main asset of which is the salmon river. Just recently, in fact starting just last week, I have started to experiment with GS and waypoint flying using my P2V.

Yesterday was my most successful sortie so far. I set 12 waypoints to allow for the different bends in the river and set the altitude at 200 ft to clear all known obstacles on the outward bound and return flight home. The overall distance was 9500 ft and it took nine minutes to complete.

For what seemed some considerable amount of time, my bird was gone, no sight or sound. The video feed froze at 1560 ft. The rest was flying completely blind. The relief I felt when the bird returned safely was indescribable, and the imagery, when viewed, was just amazing.

The point I'm making is that, even with its known limitations, a stock PV2 can fly a hell of a long distance, way further than is required for most legitimate filming purposes. When used as DJI intended, it is really quite a remarkable machine, performs perfectly, and yields some quite amazing images.

How much better then, will the new P3 be, even with the European restrictions, which I believe will prove to be negligible anyway? It is easy for some of you guys to tie yourself up in knots of needless anxiety regarding power and available distance, but I honestly don't think it will be a problem. When used creatively, as intended, I am sure it will meet with all of our expectations.

Blade Strike, I commend you, I have been reading your replies on both forums and you are a man of infinite patience. Thanks for answering so many difficult questions.

Last edited:
Blade Strike, I commend you, I have been reading your replies on both forums and you are a man of infinite patience. Thanks for answering so many difficult questions.

Thanks GreyFox51..

It just gets frustrating giving people answers to the best of our abilities and then getting questioned. Because they heard something different from phone / email support or from their local dealers. I hope they realize that we also provide support to dealers as well. Dealers do not know the product as well as we do, it's really that simple.

Reactions: dirkclod
Blade Strike the way you said it made it look like you knew your were 100% correct. I hope you are correct as that would mean we should match the range you got your self. 3K would be great to know I had even if I never used it.

Thanks for double checking what the facts are and its good to know you guys are on here to try and help if anyone needs it. It makes me feel better about buying a DJI product as there customer service has had some bad reviews in the past.

It will be good to find out if its factory set or GPS location set.

Great to see that DJI reps have time to reply on forums when a demo drone goes public, but refrain from helping by answering questions about batteries, faulty firmware and other things we've been trying to solve in the past.

Yeah appreciate your help blade, you are without doubt a much overlooked talent that i see going places, thanks for your patience in these trying times.

Great to see that DJI reps have time to reply on forums when a demo drone goes public, but refrain from helping by answering questions about batteries, faulty firmware and other things we've been trying to solve in the past.

Sorry we cant be everywhere.. My main site is RCG and now Inspire pilots.. If I'm needed here I will try better to be here. To be honest I have been working with more of the pro gear over the past year, s1000, s900, a2 and Zen gimbal systems.

Very interesting, dji have stated this to me 3 times now. I have mentioned you have stated this and they still stand there ground stating it doesn't. At this point i don't know who to believe on this subject, on the last email request to dji i asked this to be looked up with someone on a higher level. The person contacting me back from dji support seemed very confident of this fact that it wasn't.
As this is a subject i would very much like to know the answer on and you are a dji forum tech guy who is widely known as being very knowledgeable, and the fact you are on here can you please do me a big favour and verify this fact for me, just double check with your guys as somebody is making a mistake which is leading to confusion. Just double check that's all i ask.

Leekiya, you can PM me with who you spoke to at DJI but Blade and I were both part of a conversation with the PM that stated it was set by the GPS location of the craft. I am the NA Service and Support General Manager and Blade is our Senior Support Technician the Lead Flight Tester. You can believe our recount of the conversation or not in that it came directly from the guy in charge of the P3 program for DJI.

Leekiya, you can PM me with who you spoke to at DJI but Blade and I were both part of a conversation with the PM that stated it was set by the GPS location of the craft. I am the NA Service and Support General Manager and Blade is our Senior Support Technician the Lead Flight Tester. You can believe our recount of the conversation or not in that it came directly from the guy in charge of the P3 program for DJI.

Hi Tahoe, Thanks for your answer and surely if it came from the guy in charge of the P3 we can put this to bed and say that it is GPS location set. If you guys cant hang around this forum after the the P3's hit the shelfs is there a way you could get some techs from DJI to help folk out on this forum when they really need it. It would show good customer service from DJI as they have plenty of customers here.

Well in that case I apologise to my question on the matter. As a consumer of the new P3 I am sure you and blade can both imagine the confusion I have had regarding the replies from the DJI tech support on this matter. I understand you are both here to help and I fully appreciate your help I really do and understand it must be frustrating for you when we get told things you know not to be true. I will pass on all the emails to your self in the morning and then you can bring this to djis attention. If any more information comes to light to yourselves on this it would be great if you could share it with us. Again Thankyou for both your input and help with this matter.

Last edited:
Since we have Tahoe/Blade keeping an eye on this thread...
This has been asked before and the answer has been ambiguous...
Do we void warranty if you pop the hood off the P3 to do a regular inspect?

What's the big deal about range anyway? I look after a small private estate in the Highlands, the main asset of which is the salmon river. Just recently, in fact starting just last week, I have started to experiment with GS and waypoint flying using my P2V.

Yesterday was my most successful sortie so far. I set 12 waypoints to allow for the different bends in the river and set the altitude at 200 ft to clear all known obstacles in the outward bound and return flight home. The overall distance was 9500 ft and it took nine minutes to complete.

For what seemed some considerable amount time, my bird was gone, no sight or sound. The video feed froze at 1560 ft. The rest was flying completely blind. The relief I felt when the bird returned safely was indescribable, and the imagery, when viewed, was just amazing.

The point I'm making is that, even with its known limitations, a stock PV2 can fly a hell of a long distance, way further than is required for most legitimate filming purposes. When used as DJI intended, it is really quite a remarkable machine, performs perfectly, and yields some quite amazing images.

How much better then, will the new P3 be, even with the European restrictions, which I believe will prove to be negligible anyway? It is easy for some of you guys to tie yourself up in knots of needless anxiety regarding power and available distance, but I honestly don't think it will be a problem. When used creatively, as intended, I am sure it will meet with all of our expectations.

Hi Greyfox,

I like to chase boats, and as you can see on my video I have to break off my attack due to the short range of my P2V+V3.

Hi Greyfox,

I like to chase boats, and as you can see on my video I have to break off my attack due to the short range of my P2V+V3.
From the info we have on the performance of the P3,it seems you will run out of battery and go splash if you fly to the max control/fpv range.

I will have to check on this.. Things are very fluid right now.

From the info we have on the performance of the P3,it seems you will run out of battery and go splash if you fly to the max control/fpv range.
I keep a close eye on the battery and wind, it's only now with the P3 coming out that I have lost my fear of flying over water.

;)
No. Unless you take pictures.

Then your bird will be rendered useless by firmware updates. Nothing new here. :rolleyes:

All fun aside, Mako, I made a meme for ya!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: dirkclod and Mako79
I will have to check on this.. Things are very fluid right now.

Thanks. The word fluid used in that context is very ambiguous. Lol.
Just let us know :)

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl