H3-3D Gimbal goes crazy during Compass Calibration

Reaction score
Whenever I perform a Compass Calibration and put the P2 nose down to do the rotation part, the Gimbal is still active and is still trying to compensate for all the movements. It is maxing out it's movements and the motors make a lot of noise. This can't be good for the Gimbal. Anyone else notice this?

I don't calibrate often but when I do (Dos Equis?) . . .

Yeah, mine does is too. Naturally, I guess. I don't hear the motors much, but i do see the gimbal going, "woah dude, what are you doing to me?!". Hasn't affected it thus far. It rights itself after the calibration and continues to function well.

You could probably just unplug it while calibrating if you're worried its causing damage. This looks easier to do on the 3D than the 2D.

Guess I should mention that I don't calibrate every flight - haven't seen the need. If you do, unplugging every time would get irritating pretty quick. I calibrate if I'm over say 20 miles away and also after any firmware upgrade/downgrade.

I would think DJI Would de activate it during compass cal. But i guess they aren't worried.

You want everything that you are using in flight to be on during compass calibration. What DJI should be doing is sending a zero for the pitch data during calibration so the gimbal doesn't try to compensate for being at 90 degrees.

ianwood said:
You want everything that you are using in flight to be on during compass calibration. What DJI should be doing is sending a zero for the pitch data during calibration so the gimbal doesn't try to compensate for being at 90 degrees.

you just blew my mind

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl