Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Well, its back.

The camera has the plastic protective sheet on the UV filter like it had when new. And the UV ink dab I put on the corner of the gimbal before I shipped it back is now gone. The only way to remove the ink is with alcohol or similar solvent. We use the markers here at work to mark hardware we send out for DOA/RMA.

Either they cleaned the gimbal with alcohol or they replaced it.

Will sneak out at lunch and fire it up and see what FW in on this thing.

Wish I had thought ahead and marked the P3's shell to see if they swapped the whole bird or just the gimbal. Oh well.

Crud. Forgot to bring bag with batteries and USB cable :( Have to wait until tonight to see what its got.

If the whole bird was replaced then it will pop up in DJI go for registration surely?

Did you get charged or was it on DJI's dollar?

That's good, I should get my replacement next Wednesday hopefully, I hope yours is running sweet!

Ya, won't know about GO until I get home. Moron me left the grocery bag with the batteries and USB cables sitting on the kitchen table so I can't connect phone/tablet nor do I have a battery for the P3A.

Also delivered as expected... a new nVidia Shield. Boy that screen is sexy lookin. Can't wait to get it home and get Litchi installed. Hopefully the weather holds for at least a brief test flight this evening.

Would be kinda fun to get the P3P up and then take the P3A up and get some video of each other up in the air. Not holding my breath though. Dunno if I will still have light after getting the apps installed on the Shield nor do I know if either of the granddaughters will need homework help (if not, mabe I have a co-pilot :) )

Reactions: twisted1504
If I trust them to lay down behind a rifle and shoot at targets +300yd away or pick up an AR or a pistol and shoot steel at 25yd...I think I can trust them with a RC copter.

Both have already flown the P3P so they already got their first takeoff and landings under their belts. Not going to let them go solo yet but if I am there, its good.

GD9:
23623367.a9bc4d72.240.jpg

GD11:
23623379.68859293.240.jpg

GD15:
35565559.84bb02c1.240.jpg

Reactions: twisted1504
That's pretty awesome!
I feel there are two critical things (grand)parents should teach their kids beyond the basics of reading, writing, math and common sense....
1. How to swim.
2. Safety around a gun.

If they learn those two things, they can go anywhere and not come home in a body bag. Sooner of later they are going to fall in water without you there. Sooner or later, they are going to see or be prodded by a friend to see/handle a gun. Even if they don't want to shoot (like GD17), at least they will know safety and respect of them.

I already know how my girls will react to both situations. They will swim out of it. They will say "Whoopee, shot bigger." and walk away and not touch it.

Ignorance can kill. Ignorance has a cure. Its called knowledge.

I live in England, guns aren't so common here, preparation is key in anything though, especially drone flying!

They may not be so common there but the common sense needed around them should be.

I had put a note requesting rolling back to 1.1.9

This is what I got back...
Screenshot_2016-02-18-17-44-17.png

So they DID roll it back because it had 1.4+ on it when I sent it in.

Update, My unit Friday night was "Repair cost assessed and quoted" and said "Waiting for payment". Got an email later that night with PayPal instructions for $286.00. Paid Saturday afternoon. "Waiting for payment" changed to "Payment Confirmed" Tuesday Morning. Now waiting for "Repaired and Tested".

Tick, Tock.

Added: 02/26/2016
Repaired and tested at 17:12:22, Finely. So Ca. and Or. are in the same timezone not sure why I am seeing the future it is 15:48 right now.

Added: 02/29/2016
Shipping label Today.
Tick, Tock.......

Added 03/04/2016
Received Unit 03/03/2016
Have not got to test it, Turned unit on just to see those lights, watched camera do its dance. Remembered I had kept the SD card, finally got the laptop to format the SD card because it still a bin file on it. Went to bed.

Last edited:
Total Time at there location.
Feb 16th - Feb 29th 13 Days (9 Work Days)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav