Got a new error today

Reaction score
Said compass error switch off gps mode

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 524
Try a simple compass calibration should fix it. When's the last time you did a calibration?

Did a calibration right before flight... First one failed then it said safe to fly.... Lots of power lines nearby.... Thats prob why

I had a flight that did the same thing. And like OP it was my fault. I calibrated and got an error (on cement with embedded metal for decor) so moved the bird 2 feet away and redid calib....it worked but really i should have moved 10ft behind me to the grass area. Anyway started flight and everything was normal and as i started to bring the craft back i started getting the error. Panicked but it didn't drift crazy or anything....luckily got it back without a problem but it was pretty windy close to 20mph so i was glad to not have to fight a compass giving incorrect info.

I had a flight that did the same thing. And like OP it was my fault. I calibrated and got an error (on cement with embedded metal for decor) so moved the bird 2 feet away and redid calib....it worked but really i should have moved 10ft behind me to the grass area. Anyway started flight and everything was normal and as i started to bring the craft back i started getting the error. Panicked but it didn't drift crazy or anything....luckily got it back without a problem but it was pretty windy close to 20mph so i was glad to not have to fight a compass giving incorrect info.
Same exact thing happened to me... I immediately hit RTH

Weird. I had the exact same thing happen to me today. I wonder if there was some sort of solar flare going on that would cause a weird magnetic anomaly to take place all across the US (or world). I just did an advanced IMU calibration and compass calibration maybe hours before my compass error. weird....

Add me to the list. When it happened to my quad it must have went to atti mode cause the quad began drifting until GPS went green again.

Btw, I have the most recent firmware also.

I had that exact error when a concert was setting up behind the atlanta civic center downtown. (I was helping the producer with visualizing their setup). There was so much metal around I pretty much had to fly it in manual mode.

Happened to me two days ago. It started to,drift off on its own. Hit return to home but had to guide it down. Compass calibration helped and hasn't done it since. My fault. I did two things. Updated firmware and didn't do another compass calibration. Glad I use a Trackimo. Thought I was going to loose it. But felt ok if I did with the Trackimo

Also had compass problems shortly after taking off from a harbour side, I figure the concrete has a metal structure beneath it and considering its age probably all sorts of scrap thrown in when it was first filled.

Took 3 attempts to calibrate properly.

I do think the P3 is quite sensitive compared with the P2 and it even shows compass error near garden furniture!

Happend to me all so on 1.1.8, took of from a concreat sea wall which will have had lots of metal in, I got 10 Mtrs up and it went into P ATTI mode. Flew 10 Mtrs away and it got gps back. Blade says it's a feature the inspire and P3 have that if the compass gets to much bad data it goes into atti mode. It's not a feature I like tho, seems plenty are having this problem now.

I think a good word of advice here is not to calibrate the compass near metal or concrete ideally. I only calibrate my compass if i'm say more than 30 miles from where i last calibrated and never had any issues with my fc40, 2x vision+ or the P3P, if you do need to recalibrate just go somewhere nearby where its clear and do it there.
I've never calibrated any compass near any metal or concrete, just asking for problems. Only calibrated the P3P compass twice since i had it and 13 flights now, first time when it was new and then when i was greater than 30 miles away although even then it said it did not need it.
Also if you did get a "compass error" on launch there is probably magnetic interference nearby, move away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbazz
I have had it twice now as well, compass error then It jumped to atti then a second later back to GPS and all was fine. Firs time scared the life out of me as I was 2k out, I think it part of the error checking in the new FC, where as the naza could go nuts fly away with bad compass data the P3 seem to just handle it.

I have also had strange behavior calibrating the compass, half way though the horizontal cal the lights changed from solid Amber to 2 flashing green then back to solid Amber again. Had this a few times as well. I may have been rotating to quick, did a slower one yesterday and was fine.

Then to top it off last night flight I was at 44% battery I got a message GPS signal lost then a warning I'm in ATTI mode then the low battery warning all the way till I landed. My low battery was set at 30% but what ever happend triggered it at 44%, I checked the app logs and at that very moment it lost all data and had all random numbers in the line, then it all come back to normal.

Did some tests last night and this morning and all flown good and low battery at the correct 30%

A word of advice if anything odd happens on calibration or before take off stop and start from scratch it's not worth taking off unless you know everything is 100%.

DJI have a few bugs to iron out it seems

Last edited:
I think a good word of advice here is not to calibrate the compass near metal or concrete ideally. I only calibrate my compass if i'm say more than 30 miles from where i last calibrated and never had any issues with my fc40, 2x vision+ or the P3P, if you do need to recalibrate just go somewhere nearby where its clear and do it there.
I've never calibrated any compass near any metal or concrete, just asking for problems. Only calibrated the P3P compass twice since i had it and 13 flights now, first time when it was new and then when i was greater than 30 miles away although even then it said it did not need it.
Also if you did get a "compass error" on launch there is probably magnetic interference nearby, move away.

I didn't calibrate the compass near any metal or near where the craft lost its signal and flicked to P ATTI.

I didn't calibrate the compass near any metal or near where the craft lost its signal and flicked to P ATTI.

When this happens are you able to flick back to GPS?

also was this your first flight after callabiration? Or did you have a few flights and it just randomly happened?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31