Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your time

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your

Big Chips said:
dataway said:
I wonder if you can print out the camera housing found here and mount it directly to the motor and not use the Arm they use in their gimbal:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:278267

That may get rid of that vibration from the arm the camera is mounted on.

just a thought ....

you mean like this .....i printed it out in white...
I printed this out also. Just not sure if it will work... Have you put together yet?
thanks
Allan

AllanVB said:
Big Chips said:
dataway said:
I wonder if you can print out the camera housing found here and mount it directly to the motor and not use the Arm they use in their gimbal:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:278267

That may get rid of that vibration from the arm the camera is mounted on.

just a thought ....

you mean like this .....i printed it out in white...
I printed this out also. Just not sure if it will work... Have you put together yet?
thanks
Allan

not yet still waiting on the servo/gimbal from ebay to rob board and servo from...AND my P2V is new in box...I am waiting till this weekend to see what the specs are on the P2V+ so i can decide if i want to return the new P2V and get the newer one..

Interesting link, have a read of the comments underneath the control board in the link, sounds like there having the same problems as this gimbal and it sounds like a software issue, finding and installing the correct software might solve it.

Just a thought.....

I didn't get my order cancelled soon enough and I received my Goodluckbuy gimbal today. I can add to the list of misery. The camera extension cable they sent is only a three conductor cable which, of course, will not work. I installed the gimbal anyway to see if it shook as much as yours did in the video and it doesn't seem quite as bad. I need to fly it and see what it does. The whole thing seems to buzz a lot most of the time. This is my first gimbal so not sure what to expect on the buzzing, maybe that is normal or it needs some software tweaking. I may also try the printed mount mentioned earlier.

ktbeasley said:
I didn't get my order cancelled soon enough and I received my Goodluckbuy gimbal today. I can add to the list of misery. The camera extension cable they sent is only a three conductor cable which, of course, will not work. I installed the gimbal anyway to see if it shook as much as yours did in the video and it doesn't seem quite as bad. I need to fly it and see what it does. The whole thing seems to buzz a lot most of the time. This is my first gimbal so not sure what to expect on the buzzing, maybe that is normal or it needs some software tweaking. I may also try the printed mount mentioned earlier.

what do mean by three conductor cable? the long white camera extension cable? i didnt have to use that cable on mine.

ktbeasley said:
This is my first gimbal so not sure what to expect on the buzzing, maybe that is normal or it needs some software tweaking. I may also try the printed mount mentioned earlier.

No buzz is not normal, go into asst software to gimbal page and change frequency to higher #

tizzl10 said:
ktbeasley said:

what do mean by three conductor cable? the long white camera extension cable? i didnt have to use that cable on mine.

If they sent you a three conductor extension cable, you are told that they do not know what they are selling. Same as what they are called GOOD LUCK! BUYER..

I tried not using the camera extension cable but the factory cable is so thick and stiff that the gimbal would just shake like crazy trying to find its position. I was curious, did you get the correct cable with your gimbal? Goodluck! Buyer....That's funny (and true).

has anybody installed this one yet?

ktbeasley said:
I tried not using the camera extension cable but the factory cable is so thick and stiff that the gimbal would just shake like crazy trying to find its position. I was curious, did you get the correct cable with your gimbal? Goodluck! Buyer....That's funny (and true).

The three conductor cable will surely blow the central board of your phantom. There is someone in other forum already complained about it. Good Luck Buyer.

tizzl10 said:
just got my goodluckbuy gimbal..man, they ship fast! I can tell you now this thing is really lightweight compared to my taco gimbal..looks better too. will probably install it here in a while.
Starting this thread from the beginning so I'm probably not the first person to bring this up:

Is that a Provari PV in your pictures? I'm an Innokin VTR guy myself, over 13 months smoke-free after 43 years of 50 Newports a day.

Bigbells said:
tizzl10 said:
just got my goodluckbuy gimbal..man, they ship fast! I can tell you now this thing is really lightweight compared to my taco gimbal..looks better too. will probably install it here in a while.
Starting this thread from the beginning so I'm probably not the first person to bring this up:

Is that a Provari PV in your pictures? I'm an Innokin VTR guy myself, over 13 months smoke-free after 43 years of 50 Newports a day.

sure is buddy..fellow vaper I see.. been vaping for 4 years now.

tizzl10 said:
Bigbells said:
tizzl10 said:

sure is buddy..fellow vaper I see.. been vaping for 4 years now.
Awesome, and congrats on 4 years! I've got the same username on the e-cigarette forum as I do here if you frequent that establishment.

Is that a Provari PV in your pictures? I'm an Innokin VTR guy myself, over 13 months smoke-free after 43 years of 50 Newports a day.[/quote]

sure is buddy..fellow vaper I see.. been vaping for 4 years now.[/quote]Awesome, and congrats on 4 years! I've got the same username on the e-cigarette forum as I do here if you frequent that establishment.[/quote]

grats on your 13 months..i love it and im sure you do too. ill look you up on the forum.

shouldnt the center of gravity of that camera have to go straight through the pivot points on the gimbal? camera looks like its off to the side and unbalanced.

helixaviator said:
shouldnt the center of gravity of that camera have to go straight through the pivot points on the gimbal? camera looks like its off to the side and unbalanced.

cant center it on the arm because of the stock landing legs.

how about removing the legs and centering the cam just as an experiment to see if it still shakes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20