Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your time

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your

Looks good. Home made? Possible to order one?

Hmm.
Not sure what to think of it.
It does look stiffer than the one I have here!

ktbeasley said:
I'm with Tizzl10. I gave up after printing out several structural enhancements with no improvement. I think the main problem is the camera arm has too much flex even though it seems pretty stiff. One other thing that doesn't help (and this may be a stretch) is the flat plate the camera mounts too. I think it catches the prop wash and gets pushed down then bounces up and so on. I ended up ditching everything but the top plate that mounts to the dampeners and designed and printed all new mounts. I used the camera holder that is available on Thingaverse (Thanks to whoever designed that, it fits like a glove and with my terrible 3d Cad skills, I would have never been able to draw that). The mounts I designed look rather similar to another popular gimbal. So much so that I have named it the GoodLuck Taco. I have flown it a couple of times and have no bounce and the video is pretty good but still needs some adjustment to the dampeners to fix a bit of jello.
very good!

tizzl10 said:
ktbeasley said:
Well, I can design and print gimbal parts but I can't seem to figure out how to put pictures on a forum. I guess you can't do that with Google drive. I will shrink the file size and just attach them.

what 3d printer is this you have? been thinking about getting one but i dont know jack about them.

It is a Rostock Max V2 from Seeme CNC. I have had very good luck with it so far considering it is my first printer. The kit went together easy and they have a great forum and assembly manual. In honor of the pictures you posted at the beginning of this thread, here is something else I designed and printed you might be interested in.

Attachments

• vapestandv2.jpg
    vapestandv2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 403

ktbeasley said:
tizzl10 said:
ktbeasley said:
Well, I can design and print gimbal parts but I can't seem to figure out how to put pictures on a forum. I guess you can't do that with Google drive. I will shrink the file size and just attach them.

what 3d printer is this you have? been thinking about getting one but i dont know jack about them.

It is a Rostock Max V2 from Seeme CNC. I have had very good luck with it so far considering it is my first printer. The kit went together easy and they have a great forum and assembly manual. In honor of the pictures you posted at the beginning of this thread, here is something else I designed and printed you might be interested in.

ha! a fellow vapor! nice mod holder!

sergiocinquestelle said:
Noël said:
Looks good. Home made? Possible to order one?

I have got this gimbal have mod it already and as soon as I get my p2v back from dji I will be fitting it, it is a good strong gimbal

i have see here, i seem identical
http://www.sportcamera.net/prodotto...unt-dji-phantom-universale-con-controller-v3/
or
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phan...roller-for-gopro3-fpv-aerial-photography.html

No, it did not work with GoodLucky gimbal. I had a Beholder Lite and started working with it. I got it mounted and balanced. I have some questions that I wonder about.

1. IMU is below and I get it to work, it works with-Z and X but then it sits on the bottom, but I will have it above the camera

2 extension cable to the camera how thick it needs to be to power the camera. the one I have now I seem a little thin. I hope I finish everything tomorrow to see how it behaves

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 411

I have modder mine petty much the same way let me know how you get one with it. I cant test mine still waiting for it coming back from dji after it fell out of the sky

Now I have flown and gimbal function as it should, maybe a little fine tuning. I managed to change the IMU to the top of the camera. However, it some Gello that must be removed. Someone who has a good tip to remove this and tell where to buy an extension cable to the camera?

Next it is getting to the tilt function. Do I only needed the signal cable?

Ballad said:
Now I have flown and gimbal function as it should, maybe a little fine tuning. I managed to change the IMU to the top of the camera. However, it some Gello that must be removed. Someone who has a good tip to remove this and tell where to buy an extension cable to the camera?

Next it is getting to the tilt function. Do I only needed the signal cable?

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Headphon ... B00A3RXQXI
http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Reinforced ... B00C4FU52C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic