Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your time

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal has arrived.. $126.00

LOL[/quote]yup I have one in my cart, wondering if I should submit or cancel.. :roll:[/quote]

ordered one Friday with expedited shipping and no tracking yet, is that normal?

ok, this thing is a piece of ****..lol. the arms that on the gimbal are not strong enough and it shakes too easily which causes the entire quad to shake.

tizzl10 said:
ok, this thing is a piece of ****..lol. the arms that on the gimbal are not strong enough and it shakes too easily which causes the entire quad to shake.

Did you try dampening the anti jello rubber pieces?

amrflyingdude said:
tizzl10 said:

yes..i tightened them down with zip ties..ill post a video.

tizzl10 said:
amrflyingdude said:
tizzl10 said:

yes..i tightened them down with zip ties..ill post a video.

Did that help?

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your

Can you plug in to the BGC 2.2 and tell me what your settings are? I can send you a taco profile if you want. Just want to make sure it comes with "some" settings not totally blank. That would suck if it does.

I already have the taco profile..when I plugged it up to the GUI, it was not blank..there were values already set..

Attachments

• gui3.jpg
    gui3.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 335

oh and its a pain in the *** to access the usb port..look where they put it. whyyyyyy did they put the stupid thing there? I have to take off the entire mount in order to access it.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 367

Your PID settings are too low IMHO.

Here is the thing:

If you are getting this vibrations due to the settings is one thing but if you are getting this because of the gimbal arms then there is no fix for it.

I would do this:

Export the current settings you have, (export your current profile) and load a taco profile see how it does. I don't have a taco but I have a profile if you need me to send over. Also, Tighten your tie wraps as much as you can (Without destroying the rubber anti jelly mounts), if as tight as possible the gimbal still does this is the arms that are too trembly. We can worry about jello later, I just want to make sure this is dampening not the arms.

tizzl10 said:
ok ill try that..

Try tightening the rubber mounts before messing with the PID settings. I have a feeling all you need is stronger rubber dampeners

amrflyingdude said:
tizzl10 said:
ok ill try that..

Try tightening the rubber mounts before messing with the PID settings. I have a feeling all you need is stronger rubber dampeners

tried that earlier..made no difference.

ok, I loaded the taco profile and the gimbal didn't like it..camera just jumped all over the place. reloaded the original profile but its still not right.

So these goodluckbuy guys never tested this? I mean if this is the case what a poor way of doing business! I am assuming they tested this before selling it to people.

It will cost an extra $100 if you want it tested ahead of time (I mean the entire concept, not just your gimbal) :lol:

disjecta said:
It will cost an extra $100 if you want it tested ahead of time (I mean the entire concept, not just your gimbal) :lol:

LOL So true!

tizzl10 said:
I already have the taco profile..when I plugged it up to the GUI, it was not blank..there were values already set..

Tizz this isn't connected tho.. The GUI says "Not Connected"

This is interesting, I went to the Simple BCG website to look for BCG documentation located here at:

http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/downloads/

and this is the first thing that pops up :

WARNING! Some sites sale fake copies of SimpleBGC controller!

Known list of stores that sale fake copies:

Goodluckbuy.com
Ebay.com, seller vocanlo
mongrelgear.com.au

I can guarantee that my firmware updates will work only with boards distributed by my official partners and their distributors.
For list of stores that authorized to use my firmware in their products, please refer to page Where to buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav