Gimble Roll axis won't align after Yaw arm replacement.

Reaction score
Good morning forum,

I recently crashed my P3A and it broke the Yaw arm on it's way down. I replaced the Yaw arm but now when I turn on the drone the Roll axis won't balance out. I can still control the camera pivot up and down from the remote, however the gimble won't balanced out and even during a calibration the gimble "ticks" and won't line up properly. Could this be a ribbon issue? Or something worse? I'm sorry I'm not too familiar with the gimble, I called DJI tech and they said they can't help over the phone. They want me to send the drone in, I'm trying to avoid that at this point. Thanks in advance for any and all help / advice.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello,
Sounds and looks to me like a damaged Potentiometer, on your roll board. It is the small board hooked to ROLL motor shaft. Crash may have damaged it. Ribbon cables either work or don't, usually, but you might want to check each connection point on ribbon, as the ends have a thin white line to use as a guide to make sure ribbon is FULLY inserted in the connector ( white line should be parallel with the connector, not crooked ) check each point for straight and fully inserted ribbon. Might as well rule that out! But honestly sounds like roll board is damaged, or faulty. I did not see any on eBay, so get ahold of member ( HUNCH ) his real name is Hani, or call my other friend: Mike Holtz ( 530-277-5366 ) both are great guys, with good parts, for a nice deal! Keep us updated! I'd be interested to know you are flying again! Good luck, and if you need any further assistance, please ask!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: 98Rangerdave
Hello,
Sounds and looks to me like a damaged Potentiometer, on your roll board. It is the small board hooked to ROLL motor shaft. Crash may have damaged it. Ribbon cables either work or don't, usually, but you might want to check each connection point on ribbon, as the ends have a thin white line to use as a guide to make sure ribbon is FULLY inserted in the connector ( white line should be parallel with the connector, not crooked ) check each point for straight and fully inserted ribbon. Might as well rule that out! But honestly sounds like roll board is damaged, or faulty. I did not see any on eBay, so get ahold of member ( HUNCH ) his real name is Hani, or call my other friend: Mike Holtz ( 530-277-5366 ) both are great guys, with good parts, for a nice deal! Keep us updated! I'd be interested to know you are flying again! Good luck, and if you need any further assistance, please ask!

J Dot

Thank you for this info! I will reach out to them today. I hope to get this fixed as flying my P3A is one of my favorite things to do. I should've been more careful but I didn't know parts were so hard to come by.

I own a traxxas 1/10 slash RC truck and parts for those are a dime a dozen, priced cheaply as well. I was under the impression all hobby crafts (phantom included) would be cheap to fix too. Next time I'll fly with a lot more caution.

Lol,
I hear you, I have several T-Maxx, emaxx, and a revo, love traxxas , I hear you ( $ ), but if you stay in it long enough, and meet the right people, hobby can be quite cheap! Hence numbers and friends above. I never buy new, I pull favors mostly, and I'm an eBayer as well! ( craigslist once in a while. ) also I receive freebies from friends on occasion, as I send freebies as well, and a trade now and then.
There are a LOT of really cool , and brilliant members here.
On the phantoms,
They can be quite delicate ( camera/gimbal mostly ) craft is pretty tough though, in a crash! Also if you learn to fix them yourself , it is MUCH cheaper. It is really simple to fix, if you know what you are doing, but that is why we are here ( to learn, and fix problems, and possibly gain a friend along the way ), and YouTube is great for learning how to on repairs, just Read and watch EVERYTHING, you'll be a repairman in no time!
Good luck to you, and yes shoot those guys a call or pm, they will get you setup with the stuff you need, YouTube will guide you the rest of the way through your repair. You'll be airborne in no time, I have complete confidence in you!

Keep us updated!
Take care, and stay safe!
J Dot

Hello,

J Dot

Thanks again for the help, I was able to speak with Mike and I'm sending him my camera for repair. He said the P3A doesn't use potentiometer but the chip in the Roll arm is similar. Thanks again for the contact info. Looking forward to getting the Phantom in the air again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A big thank you to Mike Holtz for quick repair and fast turn around shipping. My P3A is good as new and gimble is all back to normal, thanks again forum!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers