Reaction score
Where do I start? Big story:
1. Crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced and broke the gimbal yaw arm, cracked the hull and cut a few wires.
2. Bought new hull, complete wire kit (waited to replace these, see that it works and then buy new gimbal
3. Replaced top and bottom hull, replaced all cut wires
4. Bird flies perfectly without gimbal (with the gimbal connectors just waiting to be attached to new gimbal)
5. I buy new gimbal

And here comes the horror:
1. I instal new gimbal and switch on bird and remote to see if it works.
2. All GPS signals and controls work just fine but i have no image and where it should say "safe to fly" it says "no signal" i tap on the red button (no signal) and it says on the gimbal status "Gimbal Disconnected"
3. Meanwhile the gimbal makes a beeping sound (DD-DD-DD-DD...)
4. I switched the bird off quickly and switched it back on it to see if something changes but ofcourse nothing changed.

1. Ok so my opinion is that i switched the bird of the first time and interrupted the update that was in progress and managed to brick my new gimbal. BUT should there be a camera feed on on the DJI go app the moment i switched it on?

2. I have opened the hull 5 times and checked the gimbal conncetion to the FPV and the main board. All connections and wires are in perfect condition so i dont think its the wiring. Also when i switch on the bird the gimbaled is powered and autocallibrated like new. Its just that beeping sound that implies firmware update. By the way no sounds are made when I take off the gimbal and fly the bird.

3. So my conclusion is that I destroyed my firmware when i switched the bird off prematurely. So i went and swipped my SD card, redowloaded the new firmware with hope that i will switch it back on and the repair process would begin but nothing happened again. I switch it on a sound comes on (DD-DD-DD) which then becomes D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D... and then it dies with an annoying constant D-sound.

4. the log file attached keeps saying that "device not detected". so out of curiosity I switch the new gimbal main board with the old one (it was intact from the crash, only the yaw arm broke and some motors) and then the log file changed and stopped saying "device not detected" and was doing some updates but the it said that the .bin file was corrupted (so i redownloaded it and ofcourse nothing changed).

I dont know what else to do. Someone please help. I would be horrified to find out that i spent an extra 500euros to fix the **** thing with no result. Anyway if someone helped me to avoid sending it back to dji to take 3 months to fix/replace I would be gratefull.

Please help me

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 503
Did you try to re link the controller, that worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You had a gimbal status: disconnected and you relinked the remote and it worked? because i did that and nothing happended:( I have tried most of the youtube "how to" videos and nothing works:(

I can control the bird with the remote and fly it properly but i just get no feed from the gimbal at all

I replaced the camera and gimbal on mine (standard) and had no feed. Then linked the controller, did the IMU and gimbal calibration and now all is good.

Was the gimble cable original or aftermarket, I just read Hunch's post where he rarely has good results using an aftermarket cable but NEVER has a problem using a cable from DJI

Yannis, did you solve the problem?
My story: brandnew P34K. Updated S/W. Flew it twice on one day. Afterwards at home, fired everything up in my shack to get aquainted with GO APP - at least this was the plan.
About 15 seconds after switching on the aircraft, gimbal goes to -100 degrees.
APP shows "Gimbal status: disconnected". No matter what i do, it´s always like so. Anybody any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl