Gimbal Crooked after Crash

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently suffered a crash and replaced a roll motor, ribbon cable and a yaw arm on my Phantom 3 Standard. Everything works, except the gimbal is tilted down to the left. I've searched and tried the fix where you align the half moon on the motor spindle with the camera horizontal and the spindle moon horizontal as well, but this doesn't correct it, regardless of where I adjust the spindle. If I go extreme and adjust it far to the right the gimbal will then move the opposite way and will be aligned with the right side down and the left side high. Is that adjustment super sensitive and I just haven't hit the sweet spot, or is there another issue that would cause this beyond the spindle adjustment?

Thanks,

If you have the roll motor shaft half moon lined up level with the top of the camera, there is an adjustment on the menu to fine tune it to level to horizon.

If you have the roll motor shaft half moon lined up level with the top of the camera, there is an adjustment on the menu to fine tune it to level to horizon.

Can you please explain where to fin this adjustment. Is it the imu calibration?

When you see the menu in the app, you click on the camera icon. When you do that, you will see adjust gimbal roll. Click on it. That will be the adjustment screen.

That's not my issue. That adjusts the camera with the horizon. Right?

My camera is not looking straight ahead. It's panned a little to the right.

Sorry, my mind is going down hill fast. Make sure the yaw screw is lined up right to the flat shaft of the motor. The screw is at the top of the yaw arm. If that is not it, than it is probably a bent yaw arm.

Yes, I did.

I just re-read your post. I think I mis understood your problem.

Are you saying your camera is not level with the horizon? If so like rootman says above you can correct that in the go app like he explains.

@CharlieOH,
Welcome to the forum!
To speed this up, post a picture, its worth a lot of words. :)

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

When I was done bending it back, (best I could with my hands). I had this trimmer thing going on and my camera was a little to right if viewing from behind it. I decided I tried to hard at adjusting the gimbal (getting it to tight) was cause of my problem.

why does my gimble do this

Rod

@CharlieOH,
Welcome to the forum!
To speed this up, post a picture, its worth a lot of words. :)

View attachment 85985

View attachment 85986

When I was done bending it back, (best I could with my hands). I had this trimmer thing going on and my camera was a little to right if viewing from behind it. I decided I tried to hard at adjusting the gimbal (getting it to tight) was cause of my problem.

why does my gimble do this

Rod
Here are photos of what is happening. It angles slightly down and to the left. From behind the yaw arm does appear slightly bent.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 348
Had the same problem with mine after a crash. Brought it to a DJI affiliated repair shop and they attempted to straighten the bent arm. In the end I just told them to replace the whole gimbal which cost me £180.

Had the same problem with mine after a crash. Brought it to a DJI affiliated repair shop and they attempted to straighten the bent arm. In the end I just told them to replace the whole gimbal which cost me £180.
Ouch, mine is working but my trimmers are back, And I don't think it was because of it being bent. :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.