Gimbal in down position on startup every time

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
ddublu said:
3.6 on a Mac. Flashing H3-3D IMU.

just an idea, but try an older version of the assistant, or a windows machine/virtual machine if you have access to one.

Well, just got new one and it works BUT it still starts up in straight down position. ARGH!

Hahaha ****.... Well in that case it could be many diff things... Your transmitter, receiver, flight controller... Calibration... Hmmmm

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
Hahaha ****.... Well in that case it could be many diff things... Your transmitter, receiver, flight controller... Calibration... Hmmmm

Can try a windows machine shortly but after yesterday not sure I am willing to do a factory reset on it. What should I do?

I don't know... Maybe best to compare your X1 behavior with someone. Like startup position etc. I can probably help on the weekend to compare

arizeda said:
I don't know... Maybe best to compare your X1 behavior with someone. Like startup position etc. I can probably help on the weekend to compare

So one thing I did notice that I forgot to mention...when I first started up my P2 before updating the H3-3D software, it started up at a 45 degree angle. It was only after I updated the software that it reverted back to face down at power up.

ddublu said:
Anyone else have any suggestions?

I have two P2's, a V1 and a V2. The V1 always starts with the cam facing straight ahead. My V2 "out of the box" started with the camera at a 45 degree angle. Odd... Anyway, as I went trying to correct it (BTW, it came with ALL newest firmware, etc) I noticed that when I used the Phantom Assistant, the behavior of the gimbal, now using the new controller, changed. I re-calibrated the X1 and X2 a couple of times, restarted the Phantom and the camera started facing straight ahead. No idea why this happened as the re-calibration should really not have had that affect but it did. So what I'm really saying is try everything (multiple times) no matter how silly or unrelated it might be and take note of each change in case you find an answer. Sorry, but that is the best I can do :?

spudraleigh said:
ddublu said:
Anyone else have any suggestions?

I have two P2's, a V1 and a V2. The V1 always starts with the cam facing straight ahead. My V2 "out of the box" started with the camera at a 45 degree angle. Odd... Anyway, as I went trying to correct it (BTW, it came with ALL newest firmware, etc) I noticed that when I used the Phantom Assistant, the behavior of the gimbal, now using the new controller, changed. I re-calibrated the X1 and X2 a couple of times, restarted the Phantom and the camera started facing straight ahead. No idea why this happened as the re-calibration should really not have had that affect but it did. So what I'm really saying is try everything (multiple times) no matter how silly or unrelated it might be and take note of each change in case you find an answer. Sorry, but that is the best I can do :?

Yep....that's what I am about to do...removed all traces of the software and downloading all new stuff from DJI and going to do exactly that.

I just received my P2 H3-3D today. I found out the problem why it get's stuck in the horizontal position.

The bottom lip where the GoPro bracket screws in get's stuck on the gimbal. You can free it by hand. It still can get stuck if you put it horizontal during flight.

This happens because it cycles through and gets stuck in horizontal position.

Attachments

• gimbal.JPG
    gimbal.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 282
d4ddyo said:
I just received my P2 H3-3D today. I found out the problem why it get's stuck in the horizontal position.

The bottom lip where the GoPro bracket screws in get's stuck on the gimbal. You can free it by hand. It still can get stuck if you put it horizontal during flight.

This may be your problem, but it was not the OP's problem. His was a firmware issue that has been fixed.

Damon said:
d4ddyo said:

This may be your problem, but it was not the OP's problem. His was a firmware issue that has been fixed.

Figure i'd post. there was another that had an issue no explination.

What was wrong with the firmware?

d4ddyo said:

This is not the case for me. It never got stuck as in hampered by something physical in its way.

ddublu said:
d4ddyo said:

This is not the case for me. It never got stuck as in hampered by something physical in its way.

alright. just checking. so mine is just an isolated incident.

Ddublu - managed to get my hero 4 now, assembled my gimbal on my phantom 2 v2, and it also starts in the down position :(

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
Ddublu - managed to get my hero 4 now, assembled my gimbal on my phantom 2 v2, and it also starts in the down position :(

I have the Hero 4 as well but do not feel it's related to which version of GoPro is in the gimbal. HAS to be software related.

Yeah, me neither. Shouldn't make any difference. It's something in the new RC controller methinks. We need to bring this to DJI's attention... Started a poll here. Please post there too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2290763

I just bought a P2 v2 and H3-3D Zenmuse and mine was angled 45-degree as well then updated and now facing straight down. I called DJI and they said its normal and to calibrate the X1 switch just to be safe. Maybe next firmware will fix this

yes. calibrate in RC assistant first including the x1. then go do the same in the P2 assistant.

Apparently they came out with a new RC assistant today.

d4ddyo said:
yes. calibrate in RC assistant first including the x1. then go do the same in the P2 assistant.

Apparently they came out with a new RC assistant today.

Done the update on 1.2 RC
Updated to latest firmware.
Calibrated sticks in the RC
Started the Phantom Assist 3.6 (It messed with my throttle setting to it minimum, made my phantom lights flash rapid reds).
Recalibrated in Phantom Assist (normal flashes).

Sadly, gopro still faces down on startup :(

Getting annoyed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik