Gimbal doesnt move all they up/down

Reaction score
Completed quick start guide as it said, reviewed it few times but once everything was completed I noticed that gimble doesnt let camera to move all the way up or down.

Im a pretty big technology newbie so if someone could please simplify for me how to fix it would be much appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Completed quick start guide as it said, reviewed it few times but once everything was completed I noticed that gimble doesnt let camera to move all the way up or down.

Im a pretty big technology newbie so if someone could please simplify for me how to fix it would be much appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Connect your P2 to the assistant software and go into the upgrades and see if there is an update for your gimbal. If you get a message to login do so or you will not be able to know if there are updates for the gimbal. Also If there are up dates for both gimbal and P2 you do not have to upgrade to v3.14 for the P2 that's up to you but you will need the upgrade for the gimbal

Re calibrate everything by the book. If it is done out of sequence it will cause this. Had it happen a few times myself. ;)

Start with section 7 - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
+1
Before doing the recalibration, look at the gimbal settings in the Phantom assist software > Advance > Gimbal and make sure Horizontal = 0 and Vert = 0. You can set anything for gain as it is unaffected.
And if that fails, just recalibrate sticks in both softwares - RC12 and P2 Phantom Assist.

Reactions: Mike Mudgett
Just wondering what recalibrating everything has to do with the gimbal not tilting correctly. The control in the gimbal configuration that has any effect on the tilt is vertical gain but if you do not up to date firmware for that gimbal there is nothing that recalibrating is going to help.

Last edited:
Just wondering what recalibrating everything has to do with the gimbal not tilting correctly. The control in the gimbal configuration that has any effect on the tilt is vertical gain but if you do not up to date firmware for that gimbal there is nothing that recalibrating is going to help.
To re-register the range of physical movement in the pot if its still on basic mode.
But you are right, if it is on upgrade mode, then recalibration just only affects the rate (speed) of the movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers