Gimbal Dance Problem

Reaction score
I took my Phantom 3 Pro out yesterday, like any usual day. I prepped it and what not, and when i turned it on it did a weird dance as you'll see in the video. I flew out and did a rotation (yaw) a bit quickly, and the gimbal tried to follow it, repositioned with the drone, and went crooked i guess. This is the first time something like this happened. I take very good care of my Phantom and replacing the gimbal is not an option for me. After the lights go on, the gimbal is dandy and is perfectly normal. My Drone and the RC are both on the latest firmware...

Here is a video of my bird doing the dance but there is no audio. It doesn't make any sounds or what not, it's just because there was construction outside my house and it was inaudible.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I took my Phantom 3 Pro out yesterday, like any usual day. I prepped it and what not, and when i turned it on it did a weird dance as you'll see in the video. I flew out and did a rotation (yaw) a bit quickly, and the gimbal tried to follow it, repositioned with the drone, and went crooked i guess. This is the first time something like this happened. I take very good care of my Phantom and replacing the gimbal is not an option for me. After the lights go on, the gimbal is dandy and is perfectly normal. My Drone and the RC are both on the latest firmware...

Here is a video of my bird doing the dance but there is no audio. It doesn't make any sounds or what not, it's just because there was construction outside my house and it was inaudible.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yip bit of stange dance,has gimble been calibrated,does it improve or stay same,if its coming normal after start that good,but dance bit odd,unless something really happens i would just try gimble calibration and leave at that,,it is working like they say if it aint broke dont fix it,if you notice it getting worse give dj a buzz and use warranty if still have,,:)

Yip bit of stange dance,has gimble been calibrated,does it improve or stay same,if its coming normal after start that good,but dance bit odd,unless something really happens i would just try gimble calibration and leave at that,,it is working like they say if it aint broke dont fix it,if you notice it getting worse give dj a buzz and use warranty if still have,,:)

What ianzone said calibrate the gimbal should be fine good luck.

Yeh i think something going on aswell mayby try gimble roll adjust ,if p3p has this option,have to put thinking cap on

Yeh i think something going on aswell mayby try gimble roll adjust ,if p3p has this option,have to put thinking cap on
Yeah it does have that feature, but i don't see how it can fix the dance, especially because the gimbal is normal and fine afterwards... :/

Yeah it does have that feature, but i don't see how it can fix the dance, especially because the gimbal is normal and fine afterwards... :/
Ok good point (early here)gimble roll adjust really for crooked horizons etc,UM good that it comes right ,tryed imu calibration that does the sensors might help gimble dance,

Yeah I've done every possible calibration :/
Yip mind bogling stuff,at least it working,i gone grey from owning my fleet,but not had gimble issues like you got,,i fly mine hard and never had the camera catch up with the drone ,threaten it with the screwdriver,hope you find a fix ,:rolleyes:

010e248e701da8bc1c00dfea0c595529.jpg
Would tightening this fix my problem? If so, what tool do I use? It's tiny

Just looking at the first video, I saw that you had your cover still on the camera - even the lightest of camera covers can cause overload issues and whatnot. But looking at the following pictures, I can see the guard is no longer there and (I assume) the problem is still occurring.

Do you get any errors on the app when your phone and controller are paired to drone? The red light on the gimbal means that there is definitely a problem.

Send these errors/screenshots up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.