Gimbal arm twisted HELP

Reaction score
Can some one link another post about same subject or give some good instructions.
Help needed !!!
Mine is twisted so the horizon is skew.

Please post a photo of the gibmal arm so we can see what you're describing.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    534.4 KB · Views: 344
You can try bending the arm so it's straight again. If that doesn't work and/or it breaks, you'll need to replace it. DJI does not sell a replacement gimbal yam arm, but here are a few third party yaw arms that'll work:

Other than calibrating the gimbal in the DJI GO app? No.

I have never replaced a gimbal yaw arm. With the help of YouTube, you should be able to handle it. If you don't think you can though, then it would probably be best to send your Phantom away to be repaired.

I have never replaced a gimbal yaw arm. With the help of YouTube, you should be able to handle it. If you don't think you can though, then it would probably be best to send your Phantom away to be repaired.
Do you knowe if the are any places in northen europe or just in europe.

Can we assume u are in Finland? If so are there any repair shops near you or within shipping at a reasonable cost distance? If the answer is no, watch those YouTube videos over and over until you feel comfortable doing it. I see u are a young man. You should be trainable.. I am 72 and started repairing these about a year ago. I can now rebuild one in 20 minutes. It may take you an hour or so but you can do it. Just make sure you have all the parts and the correct tools. Take photos as you take it apart. Be VERY careful of the locking clips that hold the ribbon cables in. Too much force and they break off. There is no fix when this happens. Watch how u put the camera on the pitch motor. If it is upside down it will do a hula dance for you. The flat on the shaft is on the same side as the ribbon cable connection or back of camera.

Can we assume u are in Finland? If so are there any repair shops near you or within shipping at a reasonable cost distance? If the answer is no, watch those YouTube videos over and over until you feel comfortable doing it. I see u are a young man. You should be trainable.. I am 72 and started repairing these about a year ago. I can now rebuild one in 20 minutes. It may take you an hour or so but you can do it. Just make sure you have all the parts and the correct tools. Take photos as you take it apart. Be VERY careful of the locking clips that hold the ribbon cables in. Too much force and they break off. There is no fix when this happens. Watch how u put the camera on the pitch motor. If it is upside down it will do a hula dance for you. The flat on the shaft is on the same side as the ribbon cable connection or back of camera.
Thanks very much just bit unsure because have been watching those videos looks pretty complex

It's not a third party part. DJI just doesn't sell them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic