Frozen Sunset

OOO

Reaction score
My first winter and snow video. Thank you in advance for your comments and feedbacks.

1) No ND filter
2) ISO 100
3) Uploaded at 4K@24 fps
4) Simple color correction, no color grading (I’m a colorblind person)
5) P4P plus

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Gezz looks cold,nice pull back shot across the water,you been practicing ,:)

Reactions: OOO
Gezz looks cold,nice pull back shot across the water,you been practicing ,:)

It was really a cold day. I turned off VPS for those pullback shots.The aircraft was approximately 20 cm above the ice. Good practices makes good habits ;) You probably remember my first posts, they were all about my crashes and flyaways :). In the early days I could only get 3-5 minutes of usable video with 3 batteries. Now, on average, I have 30 minutes of usable video with 3 batteries. In short, I'm very happy with my new hobby and thank you so much for your support, comments and feedback.

A few photos from the same shots.

2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
9.jpg

Let me tell you something here. This is some absolutely beautiful video and still shots. While I am not color blind, when I get into post I tend to go overboard on my corrections and enhancements. So I now approach it where I try to shoot it pretty much ready to go right off the drone. I am not trained in video or still photos at all, so I have adopted the “less is more” attitude. That was always my problem, I love photography and shooting video and other forms of art, but my brain is geared for data analysis. I have been called gifted in math and computers but cannot draw a stick man with a ruler. That is why I strive so hard to learn to use my drones camera features because to me, there is so much beauty in the world around us, and so many people are gifted at being able to capture that beauty. I want to do it justice myself. Again, thanks for posting these, I really enjoyed them.

Let me tell you something here. This is some absolutely beautiful video and still shots. While I am not color blind, when I get into post I tend to go overboard on my corrections and enhancements. So I now approach it where I try to shoot it pretty much ready to go right off the drone. I am not trained in video or still photos at all, so I have adopted the “less is more” attitude. That was always my problem, I love photography and shooting video and other forms of art, but my brain is geared for data analysis. I have been called gifted in math and computers but cannot draw a stick man with a ruler. That is why I strive so hard to learn to use my drones camera features because to me, there is so much beauty in the world around us, and so many people are gifted at being able to capture that beauty. I want to do it justice myself. Again, thanks for posting these, I really enjoyed them.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Hook9773! Very happy to hear you liked the video. Actually I'm very inexperienced in photography and filming. As you nicely stated in your post, I too try to get best possible footage during recording. If I don't have a good footage it is very hard for me to get a good result in post. Thus, I do my best to get a good footage. I have never color graded any footage, I only correct the footage for the exposure and add some saturation. I agree, the "less is more” attitude usually works for me too. Again, many thanks for this very positive comment and have a great day!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the kind words, Hook9773! Very happy to hear you liked the video. Actually I'm very inexperienced in photography and filming. As you nicely stated in your post, I too try to get best possible footage during recording. If I don't have good footage it is very hard for me to get a good result in post .Thus, I do my best to get a good footage. I have never color graded any footage, I only correct the footage for the exposure and add some saturation. I agree, the "less is more” attitude usually works for me too. Again, many thanks for this very positive comment and have a great day!

You are most welcome. I enjoy scenic footage quite a bit. In the area where I live in the USA, literally 5 minutes on the road and you can be out away from all the city noise. However, I do also like to do city scapes and other types of photos and video. I live in Southern Indiana right across the Ohio River from Louisville Kentucky. FYI - Louisville is where they run the greatest horse race in the world each year, the Kentucky Derby. In the last 2 years construction was finally completed on 2 new bridges between Indiana and Kentucky here, plus Louisville does have a small but impressive look from this side of the river. I love going down to the parks along the river bank and flying both my Phantom 4 Pro and my Mavic Pro. One can get some fantastic shots, even if you’re like me and don’t have a clue as to what your doing camera wise. I understand all the discussion of settings on cameras, but in the end I will sit and look at a picture I am getting ready to take and I go ahead and click it, not caring what the specific settings say. If I think it looks good, I’ll take it. I guess this is why I like photography so much, if you like it, take it. If others don’t like it, they don’t have to look. Lol. Now I do understand if I am doing a job for someone then whatever I just snapped has to look good to them, but when it’s just me, I will take photos that I like.

I understand all the discussion of settings on cameras, but in the end I will sit and look at a picture I am getting ready to take and I go ahead and click it, not caring what the specific settings say. If I think it looks good, I’ll take it.

Since I'm color-blind I can never be sure how the colors look. Thus, I always need some feedback about colors. Please let me know when you share your videos. You can get some cool shots by filming one of your drone with the other one in the air. I'have never tried this but I saw some cool shots in this forum like the one shared by Meta4. Dronescape

OOO: Nice.

Totally agree with “Less is more”, especially when photographing or filming natural landscapes.

One constructive criticism would be to edit shorter clips so as to better hold people’s attention. We usually think in terms of 5 second clips, with the rare exception of a longer one.

Isn’t it wonderful that this technology has advanced to such a good level?!

OOO: Nice.

Totally agree with “Less is more”, especially when photographing or filming natural landscapes.

One constructive criticism would be to edit shorter clips so as to better hold people’s attention. We usually think in terms of 5 second clips, with the rare exception of a longer one.

Isn’t it wonderful that this technology has advanced to such a good level?!

Thanks African wildlife! Beginners usually keep their clips long [emoji57] Still learning! BTW, very cool name.

000 - Always fun and exciting to watch videos that were made from the joy of the heart, which yours clearly is. The ice pullback is mesmerizing. Really enjoyed it.

000 - Always fun and exciting to watch videos that were made from the joy of the heart, which yours clearly is. The ice pullback is mesmerizing. Really enjoyed it.

OMG, what a beautiful comment! Thank you very much! What do you think about this one? Should I continue to work on this type of shots? I really need feedback on this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: ferncfc
OOO: That opening shot is simply superb and one that any professional would be pleased to have filmed. It’s also a good example of how a clip can sometimes be longer than 5 seconds, as it has the mesmerising factor (well, it did so for me).

The music fits, too.

But what I would have done next is film the bare trees above, following on with the story you’ve started.

You’ve got a good eye for composition. What I would suggest is now to be tough on yourself when it comes to editing. Then, you’ll get better and better, quickly. (Years ago - for a coffee-table book - colleagues, friends, and family praised the wild flower photographic images I already had. I wasn’t fully satisfied, knowing I could do better. I did. Being self-critical pushes standards up.)

Again, very well done with that opening shot.

OOO: That opening shot is simply superb and one that any professional would be pleased to have filmed. It’s also a good example of how a clip can sometimes be longer than 5 seconds, as it has the mesmerising factor (well, it did so for me).

The music fits, too.

But what I would have done next is film the bare trees above, following on with the story you’ve started.

You’ve got a good eye for composition. What I would suggest is now to be tough on yourself when it comes to editing. Then, you’ll get better and better, quickly. (Years ago - for a coffee-table book - colleagues, friends, and family praised the wild flower photographic images I already had. I wasn’t fully satisfied, knowing I could do better. I did. Being self-critical pushes standards up.)

Again, very well done with that opening shot.

Many thanks for the suggestions and tips. As a beginner, I really need suggestions and constructive criticism about my shots, editing and overall look.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers