For the record: DJI Pilot Ground Station "VERY LIKELY" for PH3

Reaction score
A lot of mis-information going around. I want to get this info. out there:

A lot of people weighing in on Ground Station (GS) saying GS won't be in DJi Pilot App. This is NOT necessarily true!

Erik Cheng said in a video published on May 3rd, 2015: "... there is a very high likelihood that [Ground Control for Phantom 3] will also end up in our app."

Listen carefully to the context. They don't just want it in the SDK.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fast forward to 17:08 and listen until 18:00.

Reactions: kjopc
A lot of mis-information going around.
There is a lot of misinformation from the DJI employees themselves. Tahoe Ed said DJI has confirmed that it will not be added. And, then, weeks later, Erik said it's likely that it will be in the DJI Pilot app.

Apparently so. But, at least it's not ruled out based on the quote above.

Well, nothing is ruled out. DJI is constantly changing and innovating. I'm sure they make changes too based on what people want.

There is a lot of misinformation from the DJI employees themselves. Tahoe Ed said DJI has confirmed that it will not be added. And, then, weeks later, Erik said it's likely that it will be in the DJI Pilot app.
I was of the understanding they switched direction on @Tahoe Ed

When did Tahoe Ed say GS is out? The Cheng quote is May 3rd.

When did Tahoe Ed say GS is out? The Cheng quote is May 3rd.
They talked about it being SDK only in early April but then DJI came out with their announcement on April 27th that said the P3 and Inspire would get it and SDK which to me implies they aren't just going to be SDK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic