Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Is that something similar to panorama panning but not shooting photo? Obviously, you may also use Orbit mode and set Heading to Outward in Mission Planner and turn off Auto-Tilt.
What I mean is like to have the quad hovering in a fixed point and to slightly move and fix the left RC stick to the right or left. This is equivalent to use Orbit mode, set Heading to Outward and radius to 0, but this is not possible because of minimum = 5m.
I ask for that because we cannot trust in our fingers on the sticks to let it absolutely fixed and to get a constant angular angular speed.
This is to film 360°

(Phantom 3) I would like to create a mission to take photos from several points and save it to repeat it time to time.
I need to replicate exactly the same photos so I created a Waypoint mission: Corner -> Straight, Heading -> Waypoint; First Waypoint I set bearing angle, Add Action -> Take Photo.
I cannot set a fixed camera angle. Can this option be added?
The only way I can see to get that is to set a Target-WP mission and set a target point (height=0) for each waypoint, calculate the horizontal distance using the camera angle and height and then move each target point to that distance (keeping in mind desired bearing angle)
Not such practical.
If the camera angle remains the same to all waypoints it can be set at the beginning of the Waypoint mission

Last edited:
It's rare to shoot with a specified camera angle in waypoint, since it's hard to calculate the angle manually.

In your particular case, I think you could setup a Target-Waypoint mission and set multiple targets (with required height) with corresponding waypoints to let the app calculating required angle automatically.

Do you mind to share your mission setup with a screenshot, and what do you intend to shoot?

It's rare to shoot with a specified camera angle in waypoint, since it's hard to calculate the angle manually.

In your particular case, I think you could setup a Target-Waypoint mission and set multiple targets (with required height) with corresponding waypoints to let the app calculating required angle automatically.

Do you mind to share your mission setup with a screenshot, and what do you intend to shoot?
I don't have a planned mission yet but I am thinking, for example, to film in a fixed height/angle and to have the horizon line near 1/5 from the top. I don't realize how to get that setting target points without test of trial and error.
I know I can manually choose the camera angle without target points but it wouldn't be saved.
The intention is to save all flight data to repeat exactly the same mission later

Any chance that a "PAN" mode could be added, perhaps in the FPV Camera module?

The rotation speed of the pan could be set by the user and then triggered and stopped via a button on the app, or perhaps mapped to a C switch. App control of panning, like with panoramas, is repeatably smooth. It would be great to have this option to manually trigger a buttery smooth pan when taking video.too.

Thanks.!

The rotation speed of the pan could be set by the user and then triggered and stopped via a button on the app, or perhaps mapped to a C switch. App control of panning, like with panoramas, is repeatably smooth. It would be great to have this option to manually trigger a buttery smooth pan when taking video.too.

Thanks.!
Thanks a lot for the great suggestion. In fact, we have been adding a video panorama feature to Mission Planner. Hope to start beta testing next week. Stay tuned!

I had my Air 2 fail and just received the replacement and reinstalled all of my apps from backup. However, FPV Camera / MP don't recognize that I have previously purchased. Is this a problem on Apple's side, or something I can take care of. The details are in my app store purchase history.

Also I have a small suggestion for Camera > Custom Telemetry

Could the "Lowest Cell Voltage" be added to the available options in addition to all the individual cells? I don't really want to use all the fields necessary to show all the cells, but I would like to monitor the lowest cell. Doing that along with the custom alarm for cell deviation would be great.

Thanks Guys !

Thanks.!
That's what I've asked a few posts ago

I had my Air 2 fail and just received the replacement and reinstalled all of my apps from backup. However, FPV Camera / MP don't recognize that I have previously purchased. Is this a problem on Apple's side, or something I can take care of. The details are in my app store purchase history.

Also I have a small suggestion for Camera > Custom Telemetry

Could the "Lowest Cell Voltage" be added to the available options in addition to all the individual cells? I don't really want to use all the fields necessary to show all the cells, but I would like to monitor the lowest cell. Doing that along with the custom alarm for cell deviation would be great.

Thanks Guys !
Please refer to Help > FPV Camera > FAQ - "Q1. If I purchase FPV Camera add-ons on one device, do I need to purchase again on another device with the same iTunes account (Apple ID)?" for details.

If option (1) doesn't work, you may go ahead for option (2) to purchase it, but Apple would NOT charge you again with the same Apple ID.

Please refer to Help > FPV Camera > FAQ - "Q1. If I purchase FPV Camera add-ons on one device, do I need to purchase again on another device with the same iTunes account (Apple ID)?" for details.

If option (1) doesn't work, you may go ahead for option (2) to purchase it, but Apple would NOT charge you again with the same Apple ID.

That was easy, thank you.

This does indeed look like a very interesting app and mission planning is the one thing I need to be able to do. However The mission planning YouTube video does not have any narration so it's a little difficult to fully understand this from a new user's point of view.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl