Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

What's going on with the C buttons on the controller? C2 opens settings in mission planner and C1 prompts to allow DJI GO then freezes the DJI GO app feed when opened.

I would like to see them mapped the same as in the GO app and have the feature to hold C2 to adjust gimbal roll.

Almost lost my craft today when I accidentally hit C1. After panicking a bit and trying desperately to get iPad to respond to both frozen Go app and frozen Mission Planner while the craft drifted out of sight, I hit the RTH button on the controller. The controller started beeping and my craft reappeared and came home. Grabbed her out of the air as quick as I could.

Two questions:
1. Did I do the right thing? Does RC RTH always trump iPad apps?
2. Any plans to prevent a C1 button press invoking Go app?

I guess that was my first out control moment where "don't panic" applied.

Almost lost my craft today when I accidentally hit C1. After panicking a bit and trying desperately to get iPad to respond to both frozen Go app and frozen Mission Planner while the craft drifted out of sight, I hit the RTH button on the controller. The controller started beeping and my craft reappeared and came home. Grabbed her out of the air as quick as I could.

Two questions:
1. Did I do the right thing? Does RC RTH always trump iPad apps?
2. Any plans to prevent a C1 button press invoking Go app?

I guess that was my first out control moment where "don't panic" applied.
If you press C1 accidentally, it prompts to open DJI GO and you should cancel it. It would not cause aircraft drifting regardless what app do you use.

We will implement C1 button in future update.

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback and idea. We will revisit this target distance in future update and see how to improve it. FYI, the flight path especially with curved corner is not very precise down to a few feet, regardless how precise you plan on the map.

Re this conversation. If the distance #s would update in real time when adjusting a waypoint rather than when you let go that would be ideal.

Gimbal tilt indicator

Okay thanks. I am able to move the red dot when in the planning screens. Does that have any effect on the mission planning?

Last edited:
Hi!
I used Mission Planner for the first time in an iPad mini 2.
First of all I have to say it is a well thought app.

I had to repeat Target Waypoint mission because to much sky in the frames (I was in the field), I had to set -30m target height instead of 0.
1.- Is it possible to set a fixed tilt camera angle instead of setting a target height?
Sometimes I could manually (left control wheel) tilt the camera a bit more (I had set some angle offset)
That first fly path was circling a hill, so there was lapse I lost signal, so I lost that offset during it.
Regrettably, the app freezes near the end of the mission. The only vital sign was the audible beep announcing the mission was completed.

2.- Reviewing the videos in my desktop computer I could see occasional jello I never have had flying manually with GO app. I regularly use a 8X neutral density filter to avoid that (like this time, it is Summer here)

3.- I couldn't find how to review recordered videos in the iPad like Go app. Is this possible?

4.- Is it possible to integrate flight logs with those made using Go?

5.- Is it possible to create a mission from an iMac?

I like panorama mission.
6.- The problem I always have is that after finishing taking 20 photos the app displays a blank box 'Continue?' and frezees.

Thank you

Hi!
I used Mission Planner for the first time in an iPad mini 2.
First of all I have to say it is a well thought app.

I had to repeat Target Waypoint mission because to much sky in the frames (I was in the field), I had to set -30m target height instead of 0.
1.- Is it possible to set a fixed tilt camera angle instead of setting a target height?
Sometimes I could manually (left control wheel) tilt the camera a bit more (I had set some angle offset)
That first fly path was circling a hill, so there was lapse I lost signal, so I lost that offset during it.
Regrettably, the app freezes near the end of the mission. The only vital sign was the audible beep announcing the mission was completed.

2.- Reviewing the videos in my desktop computer I could see occasional jello I never have had flying manually with GO app. I regularly use a 8X neutral density filter to avoid that (like this time, it is Summer here)

3.- I couldn't find how to review recordered videos in the iPad like Go app. Is this possible?

4.- Is it possible to integrate flight logs with those made using Go?

5.- Is it possible to create a mission from an iMac?

I like panorama mission.
6.- The problem I always have is that after finishing taking 20 photos the app displays a blank box 'Continue?' and frezees.

Thank you
1. Simply turn off Auto-Tilt in Fly tab.
2. Probably you lost RC signal behind the hill and Auto-Tilt stopped working as it requires app to control camera tilting. When you regain signal, Auto-tilt would catch up the target rapidly.
3. AFAIK, you can only review video cache (screen record) in DJI Go and if you lost RC signal then no video cache. FPV Camera doesn't have video cache though there is screen recorder.
4. You can export flight log to CSV files for further manipulation.
5. No
6. Did you use Panorama or Pano-WP? Did you click Continue? If you fly overhead, it might be weak signal.

Reactions: marciano
Ok, thank you.

2.- I did lost RC signal but those jello issues were 1 minute after regain control.
What I lost behind the hill was the tilt offset I manually have done with the left wheel-
6.- I use Panorama, no Waypoint, almost over my head, 40m to 70m. I hit Continue? but nothing happens, so I quit the app and start it again.

Ok, thank you.

2.- I did lost RC signal but those jello issues were 1 minute after regain control.
What I lost behind the hill was the tilt offset I manually have done with the left wheel-
6.- I use Panorama, no Waypoint, almost over my head, 40m to 70m. I hit Continue? but nothing happens, so I quit the app and start it again.
If you lost RC signal, neither manual tilt with left wheel nor Auto-Tilt with the app can control camera tilting.
If you fly direct overhead, you might need to adjust RC antenna per DJI manual.
In Waypoint mission without target, you may set Heading to either RC or Waypoint in Setup tab (as below). Tap "?" in Setup tab or Setup for details.
• Heading - Define aircraft orientation during mission
RC: Aircraft flies forward by default along the flight path. Pilots are allowed to yaw the aircraft by RC during mission flight.
Waypoint: Aircraft is heading toward a specified bearing per individual waypoint setting. Pilots CANNOT yaw the aircraft by RC during mission flight.

Reactions: marciano
I would like a new feature: to pan the camera (P3) in a given angular speed, being able to change it on the fly and move the quad to any position while panning.
Since GO launched POI (orbit) feature I set a poi, then I set a minimum radius of 5m. Because of the large FOV there's no noticeable difference between having the quad steady and panning than moving in a small radius circumference.

I would like a new feature: to pan the camera (P3) in a given angular speed, being able to change it on the fly and move the quad to any position while panning.
Since GO launched POI (orbit) feature I set a poi, then I set a minimum radius of 5m. Because of the large FOV there's no noticeable difference between having the quad steady and panning than moving in a small radius circumference.
Is that something similar to panorama panning but not shooting photo? Obviously, you may also use Orbit mode and set Heading to Outward in Mission Planner and turn off Auto-Tilt.

Is anyone else having major issues with the 'goggles' app inside FPV camera?

I'm running DJI Phantom 3 Advanced with the latest Firmware connected to an iPhone 6S Plus 64Gb with the latest version of iOS. I just purchased the app so it's the latest version.

If the app launches in video recording mode and I stay in that mode I have no problems. If I switch to photography mode either via the physical hardware button or the OSD (outside of the VR googles case). The screen resizes in a weird way then the image freezes. I can sometimes recover by pressing the video record hardware button. If the Goggles app launches in camera mode I get a workable image for maybe 2 seconds then it just freezes again.

I'm a photographer so this is a killer for me.

I'm also finding it will seize up my iPhone sometimes and the only way to unfreeze is to do a hard reboot... not what you want when the drone is up in the air!!!

Also the 'format' card option doesn't work...

I did 2 things that have temporarily resolved it.... not sure if both are needed... more testing required.

I switched the settings > aspect ratio (while in goggles app) : Mine was 4:3 by default, I set it to 16:9. The image capture for photos is still 4:3.

I switched off hardware decoding, however that is only available in the 'camera' app, not the goggles part of the app.

I did 2 things that have temporarily resolved it.... not sure if both are needed... more testing required.

I switched the settings > aspect ratio (while in goggles app) : Mine was 4:3 by default, I set it to 16:9. The image capture for photos is still 4:3.

I switched off hardware decoding, however that is only available in the 'camera' app, not the goggles part of the app.
Once you turn off hardware decoding in Camera mode, it also affects Goggles mode. Goggles mode supports only 16:9 for the time being.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart