Follow Me Mode Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to go on my motor bike with the bird in the sky. But should i use the DJI Go App? Or Litchi?
Can i put my RC in my backpack? And my phone to? What if the connection (5.8Ghz) Lost?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Remember even if you get it to follow you, it's going to return to home at the point where it lifted off.

You could make your Phantom hover in place when the remote controller signal drops. To do that, set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Make sure you are aware and able to deal with flyaways or trees or other objects that might run towards your drone I have used litchi follow me with success and also makes an app called litchi Magic leash you must be able to deal with unforeseen circumstances

Make sure you are aware and able to deal with flyaways or trees or other objects that might run towards your drone I have used litchi follow me with success and also makes an app called litchi Magic leash you must be able to deal with unforeseen circumstances
Yes, remember that if you ride around an object like a tree, your phantom might try to take the shortest route to keep up with you and try to fly through the tree! Know from experience that that doesn't work well:(

I would like to go on my motor bike with the bird in the sky. But should i use the DJI Go App? Or Litchi?
Can i put my RC in my backpack? And my phone to? What if the connection (5.8Ghz) Lost?
If you are in a wide open area, Follow me on a bike could work. The device connected to the RC needs a clear/good GPS signal. The RC also needs to maintain connection to the drone. This probably won't work if they are in a backpack.

Several apps also have the ability to use visual tracking. Personally, I think Vertical Studio does this better than Litchi. However, Vertical Studio does two things very good. Litchi does visual tracking pretty good... but then can also do a lot more. Visual tracking also has it's limitations in that it will loose sight if you go behind another object.

As mentioned, regardless of what you do, turn the RTH setting to hover and not RTH.

It can be done on a bike.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

go to 00:56 to see the follow me

Reactions: rpg67
How fast were driving when you were in follow me mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
We rode down the road that you see in the shot and I had the drone follow us. On the way back to the pull off, we had the drone in front of us, we were moving and it would get out of the shot and back in the shot ect. we were able to keep the bike in the shot by not going over 20mph or so on the way back. Going down the road with the follow me, we were doing approx 30+mph. It's just the footage looked much better when the drone was in the front and that's what I used on this video. At times on the way back, it would get confused and would spin around and start to chase us and when we were to slow down, it would get in front, and spin around again.

Remember even if you get it to follow you, it's going to return to home at the point where it lifted off.
Using Dynamic home point, the home point will follow the controller, or if using Litchi magic leash the same will happen.

Here's my "Follow me" experience. :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Using Dynamic home point, the home point will follow the controller, or if using Litchi magic leash the same will happen.
Remember that when using GO with a P3, the home point does not actually dynamically change. You must manually change the static home point to a new static home point.

Remember that when using GO with a P3, the home point does not actually dynamically change. You must manually change the static home point to a new static home point.
So DJI go does not have a dynamic home setting? I never use it, only use Litchi. Yet another reason I love Litchi. But great point Oso, thank you for pointing that out, Would hate for someone to expect it to follow them only to have their precious Phantom go off into the sunset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers