Flytron Strobe Lights

Do they make a big difference to visibilty in daylight?

Do they affect the camera?
We don't use them during daylight and not I wouldn't think they would make a big difference especially on a bright sunny day.

We have seen them cause some camera issues especially the RED. I've got WHITE on the front and RED on the rear away from the field off view of the camera.

Reactions: NitroMan
Hate paying the exchange rate and credit card fees.

?? US to Uk exchange rates are the best right now for you, it makes it really hard to buy from the USA for us Brits at the moment.

It's also prevented my annual holiday (vacation) in the USA this year, I usually go at least once a year. (36 trips so far)

:(

Reactions: upthedowns
I have both versions (normal and cree) in white from Firehouse (purchased before I knew about Flytron). Firehouse and Flytron look identical to me based on pictures. The cree is smaller and brighter (based on my non-metered eye-ball bench testing). I also have the red cree, it 'appears' to be as bright or brighter than the normal white.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=NVU5amhjeHRRdE5UekZ4V1IxU3p4VWRRQVdEcThn

Attachments

• IMG_4807.JPG
    IMG_4807.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 341
Ive just ordered the cree standalone white version. As I'm in the uk, it shouldn't be long before it gets here, I'll do some vids when i test it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

?? US to Uk exchange rates are the best right now for you, it makes it really hard to buy from the USA for us Brits at the moment.

It's also prevented my annual holiday (vacation) in the USA this year, I usually go at least once a year. (36 trips so far)

:(
Help me out with that exchange rate. I am having a hard time following it. My wife is going to the dog show in Birmingham next week. When she when to the bank here in Anchorage, she gave them more dollars then she got back in pounds. It looks to me you get more dollars for a pound, than we get pounds for a dollar. It may be cheaper to buy the lights from the UK, because either way the exchange rate will be applied. This way no customs, or import fees. I have ordered from this company twice without any problem.
3.60 pounds= $4.7

I just ordered ordered two of the Cree versions via PayPal. Total was just under 50 bucks. I don't consider that expensive really, considering the only other option I trust for this is the ds30 which is awesome, but pricey and you need to power that via something - which I do via a 9v battery. The ds30 is in my opinion the benchmark to match or beat. There is a retailer that has come up with a self contained version of it but it's over a 100 bucks and it's only for one. The strobon price got me two for redundancy and much easier and cleaner install. Just as I did with the ds30, I plan on putting the strobons on top of the bird to see how that goes, but I have other options on the bird to try.

Help me out with that exchange rate. I am having a hard time following it. My wife is going to the dog show in Birmingham next week. When she when to the bank here in Anchorage, she gave them more dollars then she got back in pounds. It looks to me you get more dollars for a pound, than we get pounds for a dollar. It may be cheaper to buy the lights from the UK, because either way the exchange rate will be applied. This way no customs, or import fees. I have ordered from this company twice without any problem.
3.60 pounds= $4.7
I would say that over the years on average we have got $1.50 for every £1 which equates to $1 = £0.66

The exchange rate at the moment is $1.23 to £1 which equates to $1 = £0.82

That makes it more expensive for Brits in the US and cheaper for you to buy in the UK.

It looks like you are being ripped off.

Ask your wife to send my regards to my home town [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would say that over the years on average we have got $1.50 for every £1 which equates to $1 = £0.66

The exchange rate at the moment is $1.23 to £1 which equates to $1 = £0.82

That makes it more expensive for Brits in the US and cheaper for you to buy in the UK.

It looks like you are being ripped off.

Ask your wife to send my regards to my home town [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you. So buying the strobes direct, They are even cheaper then I thought. Just to make certain I follow this. If I have $100 = 123 pounds ?

Last edited:
Thank you. So buying the strobes direct, They are even cheaper then I thought. Just to make certain I follow this. If I have $100 = 123 pounds ?

I am still confuse. See the table below. I know the Canadian $ is weaker then the US$. That the Euro is stronger then the US$. Looks to me that the US$ is weak to the pound.

Convert 194 USD / 194 GBP to major currencies
194 USD = 213.3612 AUD (Australian Dollar) 194 GBP = 345.9796 AUD (Australian Dollar)
194 USD = 214.3894 CAD (Canadian Dollar) 194 GBP = 347.648 CAD (Canadian Dollar)
194 USD = 181.584 CHF (Swiss Franc ) 194 GBP = 294.4338 CHF (Swiss Franc )
194 USD = 1189.22 CNY (Chinese Yuan) 194 GBP = 1928.4376 CNY (Chinese Yuan)
194 USD = 150.156 EUR (Euro) 194 GBP = 243.4894 EUR (Euro)
194 USD = 119.6398 GBP (British Pound ) 194 GBP = 194 GBP (British Pound )
194 USD = 11805.8894 INR (Indian Rupee ) 194 GBP = 19144.3274 INR (Indian Rupee )
194 USD = 20770.6488 JPY (Japanese Yen ) 194 GBP = 33681.504 JPY (Japanese Yen )
194 USD = 194 USD (US Dollar) 194 GBP = 314.5904 USD (US Dollar)
194 USD = 2129.441 ZAR (South Africa Rand ) 194 GBP = 3453.0836 ZAR (South Africa Rand )

USD to GBP Exchange Rate History Chart
Base: Target: From: To:

Popular Conversions
USD / GBP GBP / USD
1 USD = 0.6167 GBP 1.6216 USD = 1 GBP
5 USD = 3.0835 GBP 8.108 USD = 5 GBP
10 USD = 6.167 GBP 16.216 USD = 10 GBP
15 USD = 9.2505 GBP 24.324 USD = 15 GBP
20 USD = 12.334 GBP 32.432 USD = 20 GBP
25 USD = 15.4175 GBP 40.54 USD = 25 GBP
50 USD = 30.835 GBP 81.08 USD = 50 GBP
100 USD = 61.67 GBP 162.16 USD = 100 GBP
Last 7 days History
Date USD GBP
2013-09-21 194 USD = 121.02 GBP
2013-09-20 194 USD = 120.53 GBP
2013-09-19 194 USD = 121.58 GBP
2013-09-18 194 USD = 121.97 GBP
2013-09-17 194 USD = 121.73 GBP
2013-09-16 194 USD = 122.12 GBP
2013-09-15 194 USD = 122.12 GBP
One year History

About US Dollar (USD)
The privately owned and government sanctioned United States Federal Reserve Bank manages the monetary policy for the United States dollar (USD). The USD is the the worlds most widely held reserve currency and the most traded currency in world currency trading markets. The USD is official currency in 14 countries and the unofficial or de facto currency in 37 others. The US dollar is the second largest currency in circulation having been surpassed by the euro. The USD is a floating fiat currency.

About British Pound Sterling (GBP)
Monetary policies affecting the pound sterling (GBP) are dispersed amongst 8 separate central banks throughout the territories, dependencies, and countries of the United Kingdom. The Bank of England is the primary central bank and is responsible for monetary policy and currency issuance in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. This floating currency is the third most widely held reserve currency in the world. The future of the GBP is dependent upon the political decision of whether or not to allow the GBP to be absorbed by the euro, effectively placing all of the United Kingdom into the eurozone.

Reactions: eeire54
I am still confuse. See the table below. I know the Canadian $ is weaker then the US$. That the Euro is stronger then the US$. Looks to me that the US$ is weak to the pound.

If something costs £10, that would be $12.23 using the exchange rates I quoted earlier.

Not every establishment offers the same rate, you need to shop around.

Edited to correct error, oops!

<I am not an economist, I've just travelled a fair amount>

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
LOL! Well it's always buyer beware but you do realize that out of the sheer number of happy customers usually only the upset few will make the noise??? Add to the fact when people get mad they search for the company name and will "Bandwagon" against that company on a forum (this one as well).

All I can tell you is mine came in after a few weeks and have worked perfectly since. I'd estimate mine have maybe 40 hours of use to date and are still going strong. I don't expect them to last forever because they were cheap to begin with but so far they perform like a champ.

As always YMMV.
Ha, Yeah or it could be a company rep on a forum ( like this ) who starts a thread on an item just to lure a few more customers in, I'm not saying it happened here but it does happen.

Reactions: BigAl07
I bought a red and white strobe and I really think they work well. There have been several posts about strobes but I have a short video so people can see what they look like.

Wow thats pretty cool

If something costs £10, that would be $8.20 using the exchange rates I quoted earlier.

Not every establishment offers the same rate, you need to shop around.

<I am not an economist, I've just travelled a fair amount>
Wrong, it's the other way around. USD is definitely not stronger than GBP :) Not even stronger than €, though it caught up quite a bit...

Hey guys… Stop worrying about exchange rates and such – they are for sale on Amazon!!
$30 on Amazon, and $18 from Flytron. Either way the exchange rate plays a part. I see a business opportunity here for some one.

Don't need a meter. The FAA spec is 'visible at a distance of 3 miles'. I'm trying to find a straight stretch of road where I can 'walk' off the distance over which I can see mine.

I agree with visible at a distance of 3 miles. And would that be three miles when I am in the middle of the California desert? or 3 miles above Los Angeles with all the light interference?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT