Flying in Controlled Airspace

Reaction score
New to the drone world and sitting for my 107 test in a few weeks. I live in an area where basically the entire city is in class B airspace as well as class E. Hospital heliports nearby as well. Assuming I get my certification, how do you notify all ATC's for permission. Do i really need to radio each of the individually? What is most efficient for both parties.

For part 107 operations you'll "request" authorization through the Online portal by the FAA. Completely different that flying as a hobbyist. You'll learn this through your Part 107 training (or you should in theory).

Well to fly in B,C, D and E to sfc, you must obtain ATC permission. The biggest issue is that the FAA has not made this that easy right now. Eventually you are to go through the FAA UAS portal and request airspace authorization. They say when they get is working correctly it will be almost instantaneously, but right now it's taking several weeks, and they tell you it may take up to 90 days right now. Which is a huge issue for most. But some are getting verbal authorization from ATC but that is rare and most controllers will refer you to the portal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Does anyone know if the FAA is issuing any Class B authorizations yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20