Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Wow what antennas are those? Hawking?

No Hawking. Quite cheap Tp-link 120cm 12dbi. I had them on the roof earlier for testing. Now I fix them properly including weather protection for the amps. I took a transparent box so I can see what the amps are doing without having to unscrew the lock.
I think I will get 2nd pair as my main omni antennas on the car. The length seems to improve the power between the bird and amps. I tried 8dbi antennas and 6dbi. The radiation pattern is obviously not all...

No Hawking. Quite cheap Tp-link 120cm 12dbi. I had them on the roof earlier for testing. Now I fix them properly including weather protection for the amps. I took a transparent box so I can see what the amps are doing without having to unscrew the lock.
I think I will get 2nd pair as my main omni antennas on the car. The length seems to improve the power between the bird and amps. I tried 8dbi antennas and 6dbi. The radiation pattern is obviously not all...
I am going to have to step up my game with you around lol. Good stuff!

Reactions: hotashes and IBV
Wow dude, so you ordered that mast? The Pnuematic one? Holy crap.....no, no upgraded antenna for you!! If I can't compete, I want to at least have the nicer Hawking's!

Reactions: IBV
Looks like IBV lives out on the fringe or in the boonies, and has access to nice big toys!!! ****, looks like the teacher, has become the student, and vice versa

Reactions: IBV
i have two sma connectors on my controller since i have an itelite panel... if i got two Tp-link 120cm 12dbi antennas, would i need anything else to use them?

Looks like IBV lives out on the fringe or in the boonies, and has access to nice big toys!!! ****, looks like the teacher, has become the student, and vice versa

You guys are fun! :) I guess you got plenty of toys over in US as well. However, I admit that Germany used to be a resourceful place for engineering stuff. We're using the equipment for the job (What a luck :) )
so that gives a little more head-room cost wise.- Interesting is that some solutions actually don't even cost more.- These antennas cost 40$ each and are of excellent hard-ware quality. - Lots of stuff is actually from Poland which is a low-wage, low cost country .- and in the heart of Europe. I saw that some guys made an antenna tracker only based on signal strength.- so no NMEA data, etc.. needed. I will update you on the various solutions. I also want to measure them with the RF-explorer and compare properly before publishing the results. It seems a battery mod is inevitable..

Cheers!

Reactions: 8154
i have two sma connectors on my controller since i have an itelite panel... if i got two Tp-link 120cm 12dbi antennas, would i need anything else to use them?

All you need is an adapter from SMA (RP-SMA) to N type.... and:
The shorter the cable, the better. There is also boosters possible. I found the cheaper 4W Sunhans working better than the more expensive (but lighter) 3W golden series. The 3W are squeezed version with low weight and size. Earlier in this thread Jeremiah (I guess it was him) posted a 1 W US quality version. The 12dbi 120cm antenna is big enough to transmit also high gain signals efficiently.
I got incredible penetration... and range until my batteries finsihed...

Reactions: hotashes
All you need is an adapter from SMA (RP-SMA) to N type.... and:
The shorter the cable, the better. There is also boosters possible. I found the cheaper 4W Sunhans working better than the more expensive (but lighter) 3W golden series. The 3W are squeezed version with low weight and size. Earlier in this thread Jeremiah (I guess it was him) posted a 1 W US quality version. The 12dbi 120cm antenna is big enough to transmit also high gain signals efficiently.
I got incredible penetration... and range until my batteries finsihed...
how long would you suggest? I dont really know which cable to get because i cant tell what is a good price, length and quality...

This thread is fascinating, I've only made it half way but wow...Thank You Jeremiah.

how long would you suggest? I dont really know which cable to get because i cant tell what is a good price, length and quality...

It's the combination of length and attenuation per length. A Lmr-400 cable is good for longer cables. You will always loose a little. Normal cables and cheaper are Lmr200 type. There is cables that only dampen 0,21db per meter. But the thicker, the less flexible..
for a normal cable unboosted I wouldn't go beyond 3m cable... and that seems too long. There is other guys here that can tell you more details...

Behold I am sharing the greatest video I've ever recorded. That's not saying much lol. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure here it is. Watch in 4K if u can.

Good job! With fireworks, it's critical to always view and shoot them from upwind, so the smoke is always blowing away from your view, and pray for wind! Without wind, the fireworks just explode into the smoke of the prior explosions.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Good job! With fireworks, it's critical to always view and shoot them from upwind, so the smoke is always blowing away from your view, and pray for wind! Without wind, the fireworks just explode into the smoke of the prior explosions.[/QUOT

I dint even think about that. I was to busy shaking

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20