Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I also get solid blue on both gold sunhans. Video signal quality is less when boosted. Using maxx panel. Have checked and triple checked all internal cables, replaced external cables. Running p3p, RC version A,.

Behold I am sharing the greatest video I've ever recorded. That's not saying much lol. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure here it is. Watch in 4K if u can.

Ok, best phantom video Of fireworks I have ever seen!
Great job.

Awesome, just awesome.

Thanks for filming and sharing.

MB

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
First test with new USA made 1W amp, most excellent, IBV, you have got, you've got to look into these bro. I was doing some looking, they have .25 and .5 watt also, I saw this 1W for $349 but, maybe $329, either way that won't be the hard part, it might be hard to get in the states, I got so lucky, it "see's" according to DJI go rss index, a lot of noise, but the "1" and "30-32" are all clean, and it's not even right yet, it's 50' from antenna just to see if it sends and receives, preliminary test are outstanding.
The two gold Sunhans Jake sent me, the PO office never accounted for them, so they got stolen, or dropped or under his seat in truck, but new ones should be here tomorrow so I'll have my FC side back. I did test this amp on that side too, to make sure it's timed differentiated data worked both ways. It's friggin bad ***, the thing is totally nuclear grade gov't stuff. If you can find one, there's a .5w on eBay for $79 and it's prolly even better, when we are talking real watts. Make sure you get the injector, and outside type so it can go 18" or so from antenna. Also make sure you get a power supply as they might be hard to come by. These are the cream of the crop, I'd like to maybe get the .5W for the other FC side, the 3W Sunhans did great for that side though.
And use this is the best thread, I've learned and shared more on this thread by not just J, he started the monster, saw new comers, IBV comes to mind, and in no time, he was adding his own different style. Some of these guys have better places to fly, I wish I didn't have the worst area to fly from, at least usually my winds are OK, bad lately.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also get solid blue on both gold sunhans. Video signal quality is less when boosted. Using maxx panel. Have checked and triple checked all internal cables, replaced external cables. Running p3p, RC version A,.

Hmmmm, at least they're both working it seems. I've always said they should and Jake agrees, because th should glow. Now it makes and made sense one would glow deeper, the one on the left for me, the right only RX so it was a quicker lighter blue flash but still there.
Using both the Maxx and the Hawking's that, I was doing my best when using no amp for Downlink, and amping my flight control. This was a pretty good deal for me, and for a time, my FC side stayed pegged and my DL channel would bar down as I flew away.
I hope this new USA Teletronics amp helps, so far, so very very excellent.

I hate to say it, (I do wish I woulda gotten 12dB or even 15dB, these 9dB Hawking's are pretty badass, plus the higher dB, the more narrow the beam)

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
It's the combination of length and attenuation per length. A Lmr-400 cable is good for longer cables. You will always loose a little. Normal cables and cheaper are Lmr200 type. There is cables that only dampen 0,21db per meter. But the thicker, the less flexible..
for a normal cable unboosted I wouldn't go beyond 3m cable... and that seems too long. There is other guys here that can tell you more details...

Agreed, 200 type, =LMR-240
I did a whole analysis on cost vs benefit, and it's not really worth it unless running like a few hundred feet. It gets worse for higher frequency too, 5.8ghz is twice as bad at loss. You finally get the right stuff? I have a link for 50' that I got for $1 a foot, with N-Males on each side, shipped, that's cheaper then $1 really.

First test with new USA made 1W amp, most excellent, IBV, you have got, you've got to look into these bro. I was doing some looking, they have .25 and .5 watt also, I saw this 1W for $349 but, maybe $329, either way that won't be the hard part, it might be hard to get in the states, I got so lucky, it "see's" according to DJI go rss index, a lot of noise, but the "1" and "30-32" are all clean, and it's not even right yet, it's 50' from antenna just to see if it sends and receives, preliminary test are outstanding.
The two gold Sunhans Jake sent me, the PO office never accounted for them, so they got stolen, or dropped or under his seat in truck, but new ones should be here tomorrow so I'll have my FC side back. I did test this amp on that side too, to make sure it's timed differentiated data worked both ways. It's friggin bad ***, the thing is totally nuclear grade gov't stuff. If you can find one, there's a .5w on eBay for $79 and it's prolly even better, when we are talking real watts. Make sure you get the injector, and outside type so it can go 18" or so from antenna. Also make sure you get a power supply as they might be hard to come by. These are the cream of the crop, I'd like to maybe get the .5W for the other FC side, the 3W Sunhans did great for that side though.
And use this is the best thread, I've learned and shared more on this thread by not just J, he started the monster, saw new comers, IBV comes to mind, and in no time, he was adding his own different style. Some of these guys have better places to fly, I wish I didn't have the worst area to fly from, at least usually my winds are OK, bad lately.

Good find! I ordered this to and thanks for the help on the phone. Seems to be an easy way to get the amp on the roof where it belongs. Ive been wanting to do this for so long now.

Reactions: Sim597
Good find! I ordered this to and thanks for the help on the phone. Seems to be an easy way to get the amp on the roof where it belongs. Ive been wanting to do this for so long now.

Naw, right on man! This is what it's about right? Heck without you doing it, I may not have gone forwArd, it was a desert out here man!! So, we are coming along, newer test, still 50' from antenna are proving its got better listening balls then anything I've used. It "see" all kind of noise, but if you can even close LOS, you'll be solid.

Sounds great! Will check it out.
yeaa i remember your trees around... Working on the telescopic mast currently. Got tge parabolic antennas. Going for test tmrw.
there is quite cheap 6m telescopic masts that you can winch up when needed.
a self tensioning cable roller for the Lmr400 you can get for 80$. It saves headache with the cable-mess.

Your amps sound interesting. Question: What angle do the hawking antennas cover? The longer, the less angle. There are 2 meter tp-link with 360x6 degrees at 15dbi.My 12dbi got 360x12 degree.

good to hear some good news from your tests!

Agreed, 200 type, =LMR-240
I did a whole analysis on cost vs benefit, and it's not really worth it unless running like a few hundred feet. It gets worse for higher frequency too, 5.8ghz is twice as bad at loss. You finally get the right stuff? I have a link for 50' that I got for $1 a foot, with N-Males on each side, shipped, that's cheaper then $1 really.

thanks bro. Got Lmr400 from Poland very cheap. Now I got no plugs that fit that big cable. Where I can get LMr400 Sma,rp-sma and N plugs for less money?

Reactions: hotashes
The higher the dB the more narrow the beam, that's all I know. Now I love my antenna, they aren't cheap, the best you can do is about $70 and normally about $85-$100 but, but I cannot say a $130 15dB one wouldn't be better. These are only about 24" and I need the extra length, so 60" would be good for me.

I still wish I could return my 9dB to 12 or 15dB man, I could use 6 more dB, that's 100% then, another 100% more listening power, if the law of every 3dB in noise/music doubles every time, in this its exponential I believe where an increase in 10dB is 1000% or times better.
You guys with better remotes, **** I wish I could get an inspire remote cheap.
You'll have like 23dB there, then the amp which is insane like 24, that's 47 plus the 9 on the antenna, 56dB, then lose 3.4 for lmr and say 2.6 more connections and whip, that's 50dBm on TX and like and 43-44dB RX side if you use 50' runs and short 10'-6' "whips" to hook to remote. With connection loss with lighting arrestors and all the other connectors, you'll likely lose about 2.5-3.5dB .

Reactions: hotashes
Not related, over 2 million ft travelled, and 100mph top speed! Who's the man?!!
e37c72aba8b7196190f7336699aa290f.jpg

Yes. I can put the connectirs wuth help of a crimp plyer and soldering station.

Good luck with import LMR-400, I didn't mess around, last thing I want is to lose and extra dB every 20' and it's actually likely. Unless it was $.20 on the $1, then it would be worth a try I suppose!

Edit: I didn't mean "good luck"
In a shitty way IBV, I like ya too much for that. Poland eh? Well, I'm just glad you've got some good cable coming

Reactions: IBV
I think we should start a thread called "how much money Jeremiah has cost me" ! I just ordered the Maxx UAV Evo+, next will be magnetic base Lcoms, then the roof mounts will no doubt follow.

I do want to thank Jeremiah and everyone else on this thread, what a huge resource.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think we should start a thread called "how much money Jeremiah has cost me" ! I just ordered the Maxx UAV Evo+, next will be magnetic base Lcoms, then the roof mounts will no doubt follow.

I do want to thank Jeremiah and everyone else on this thread, what a huge resource.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Welcome! That's great keep us posted with the progress. Lots of knowledgeable people much more so than myself trying new things and sharing ideas. Good times ahead for you!

Reactions: d9inger
Well thanks to sim597 with his find of the 1watt amp with the dc injector I've decided to move forward with changing the house setup. MY house is surrounded by trees in the back and sides towering over my antennas about 40ft. Even still my range is great about 180 degree coverage with very impressive range in the good areas. Today I got the amp with the dc injector. I also ordered 140ft of lmr600 and a huge l-com 11dbi antenna. I will attach the antenna and amp to a 20ft pole and strap the pole to the tree having the antenna tower above the tree line about 65ft in the air!. I wont have any loss with the 140ft run of 600 vs the 50ft run I have now of 400. And with the amp right at the antenna should improve on what's already a great system. I plan to keep the control antenna on the roof in the same spot. Control is solid always so that's good. Maybe a couple weeks before I have it all setup.

Well thanks to sim597 with his find of the 1watt amp with the dc injector I've decided to move forward with changing the house setup. MY house is surrounded by trees in the back and sides towering over my antennas about 40ft. Even still my range is great about 180 degree coverage with very impressive range in the good areas. Today I got the amp with the dc injector. I also ordered 140ft of lmr600 and a huge l-com 11dbi antenna. I will attach the antenna and amp to a 20ft pole and strap the pole to the tree having the antenna tower above the tree line about 65ft in the air!. I wont have any loss with the 140ft run of 600 vs the 50ft run I have now of 400. And with the amp right at the antenna should improve on what's already a great system. I plan to keep the control antenna on the roof in the same spot. Control is solid always so that's good. Maybe a couple weeks before I have it all setup.

Yeah that's gonna rock, I'd love to try this too, but the LMR-600 is pretty cost prohibitive and the antenna in a tree, will surely get me fined lol. Some of the ppl that have uber $$ and live on the lake here, they have perfect LOS for miles in about every direction, it's all in your spot, I've always loved my trees. It will get marginally better with winter, and nicer I'm just north of Houston at Lake Conroe

That antenna is it longer then 60"? 5'? I may try to get the 15dB 60" one, two, but see, the 9s are great for not being too narrow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT