Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I will get back to you once I'm at home.
I used dominator and headplay. Headplay got several advantages when using Fpv links with higher resolution like lightbridge. The roh lenses are great. Check for another thread vr goggles or alike. There is good info.
I can recommend headplay. Also the company handled the order well. I'm not selling this gear;-)

I own a pair of headgear and while the screen is bigger it's just too big and u kinda look like a d1ck lol, prefer my v3s or my attitudes with rca to HDMI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also agree with most of what jstjohnz wrote. However, some details I cannot confirm.
Where did you get the info from that the Sunahns boosters (golden) are only triggering blue light when transmitting?

I alos do get both blue lights if either the antenna cables are short or I use a second booster on the HD downlink side.
Anyway I will get a RF signal generator/spectrum analyzer next week. This should bring clarity.
I tested shortly one amp on the right side near to remote and one amp for HD downlink near to roof antenna and it seems to work. I didn't test long range yet. In 2 weeks I'll be at a place where I can perform all these long range tests risking to not make it home because of battery shortage.
To summarize: The tests confirm the coax-loss causes the HD downlink side not to trigger the blue light. In any other case it is there. Maybe an LMR400 would work without amp. Thus, I'm using the downlink amp to compensate cable loss.
And: Noise is only relevant above a certain treshold (no package loss repeat here) so the HD downlink amp might increase the noise as it does the signal but it can very well happen that the signal is boosted above the treshold from where on it is readable. This will then give indeed longer range and penetration which the first flights clearly confirmed.
At Sim597: I see the the Inspire v2 as an outdated fix on the Inspire v1. The hardware is for sure better but investing in a matrice 600 might be worth it. I'll get one in September. Guess all these questions will return then. :)
Well, the triggering part, believe it or not, is on either the paperwork in the amps, or on some fact sheet, I think it's in the paperwork, and , Oh I remember it's in the troubleshooting. They state that white light it power on, blue light show signal is present and amplified. They go on to say some more, to the point if working, but light doesn't light, maybe it's burnt out lol.
It's worth a read.
I can confirm that spending (for 100', you can get away with 2-40' prolly so $80 for me it was $100) for LMR-400 is worth every penny, I just flew out again and landed with 4% battery, no amps, but my area is a thin couple
Spots, but again I am covered with trees, I live in the worse place to fly from the house, lousy with 2.4g interference and uber lousy with 100' trees.
Good luck, with what you've spent already, just go ahead and get the cable, so Wilson makes 30' runs for about $30 and its low loss cable, might be 400 but it's made for a 30' run of 2.4g so it's what you need and it's not expensive at all, if the extra $20 a length doesn't hurt you, buy the LMr400. The loss is so negligible that Jeremiah isn't using amps right now for a while he just stated.

Reactions: IBV
So, with all the variables, it seems that one of my amps was lighting the blue side, but wasn't working properly, with all the cable swaps and antenna swaps and even amp trades, it seems that this is partly to blame.
I didn't even want to tell this to Jake, he already said just return the bad amp with the bad power connection, so I reluctantly told him I'd pay him $30 if I could send both amps and he test the 2nd one that appears to work but loses signal at 800'.
To his credit, he's like "send no money bro, just send both amps and I'll get you fixed right up"

I will not buy from anyone else, he has a couple things coming, like an antenna rig that hold the remote and lifts the big DBS antenna up like 12-15' I told him sign me up! It's in the works now I think he's having a buddy build some test rigs.
So, anyone thinking about buying something that MaxxUAV stocks or carries, please buy from him, he's a local to this forum, a great guy, and even better customer service then Amazon, that's huge guys.

I also agree with most of what jstjohnz wrote. However, some details I cannot confirm.
Where did you get the info from that the Sunahns boosters (golden) are only triggering blue light when transmitting?

I alos do get both blue lights if either the antenna cables are short or I use a second booster on the HD downlink side.
Anyway I will get a RF signal generator/spectrum analyzer next week. This should bring clarity.
I tested shortly one amp on the right side near to remote and one amp for HD downlink near to roof antenna and it seems to work. I didn't test long range yet. In 2 weeks I'll be at a place where I can perform all these long range tests risking to not make it home because of battery shortage.
To summarize: The tests confirm the coax-loss causes the HD downlink side not to trigger the blue light. In any other case it is there. Maybe an LMR400 would work without amp. Thus, I'm using the downlink amp to compensate cable loss.
And: Noise is only relevant above a certain treshold (no package loss repeat here) so the HD downlink amp might increase the noise as it does the signal but it can very well happen that the signal is boosted above the treshold from where on it is readable. This will then give indeed longer range and penetration which the first flights clearly confirmed.
At Sim597: I see the the Inspire v2 as an outdated fix on the Inspire v1. The hardware is for sure better but investing in a matrice 600 might be worth it. I'll get one in September. Guess all these questions will return then. :)
For $1500 new and latest version, it's worth $100 more then the P4, cmon. Let me put it this way, if I had the $470 BB credits and could have bought the Inspire 1 v2 for $100 more, I would have bought it for sure.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
I take that back, Jeremiah is using one amp, I'm using none right now, control is nowhere near as solid as before with the gold amp, at least the one that worked, that thing was awesome, kept me pegged at all times, now with no amps, they go down about the same, so at 2.5 miles out they are at 2 and 3 and sometimes both 3-4 but for me, the amp on the control means it's pushing the signal out and it shows, I think J is in a better spot then he gives it credit for, he'd hate my spot with the trees all the way around, and how tall they are. I need the dang amp to power thru them.

I did find a secret that I'll share once I procure what I need, I have a feeling these will change the game for guys like me and IBV, Jeremiah it seems has a golden antenna mounted on his butt!! Lol jk J

What is it? Anyway, that's weird about losing control with no amp. No wind this evening so I pushed the matrice 100 31,000ft on the house antennas with no amp on control. It was full signal the entire flight. Something is blocking you for sure.

I own a pair of headgear and while the screen is bigger it's just too big and u kinda look like a d1ck lol, prefer my v3s or my attitudes with rca to HDMI.

if you use Roh lenses it will make it more compact. Anyway, some people tell the screen is too big some say it's perfect.
when I used v3 first and then went to headplay it seemed big but after some flights the v3s seemed a little outdated when having the Hd downlink at high resolution and i kind of really like the VR feeling of the headplay. Roh lenses would help in your case I assume. Yea- The headplay looks funny but it does its job well. There is always personal preferences involved I this question. The specs are on headplays side. (800x480 and 30 degrees vs. 1280x800 and 72 degrees viewing angle)

Well, the triggering part, believe it or not, is on either the paperwork in the amps, or on some fact sheet, I think it's in the paperwork, and , Oh I remember it's in the troubleshooting. They state that white light it power on, blue light show signal is present and amplified. They go on to say some more, to the point if working, but light doesn't light, maybe it's burnt out lol.
It's worth a read.
I can confirm that spending (for 100', you can get away with 2-40' prolly so $80 for me it was $100) for LMR-400 is worth every penny, I just flew out again and landed with 4% battery, no amps, but my area is a thin couple
Spots, but again I am covered with trees, I live in the worse place to fly from the house, lousy with 2.4g interference and uber lousy with 100' trees.
Good luck, with what you've spent already, just go ahead and get the cable, so Wilson makes 30' runs for about $30 and its low loss cable, might be 400 but it's made for a 30' run of 2.4g so it's what you need and it's not expensive at all, if the extra $20 a length doesn't hurt you, buy the LMr400. The loss is so negligible that Jeremiah isn't using amps right now for a while he just stated.

great. I'll go for it.

Reactions: Sim597
What is it? Anyway, that's weird about losing control with no amp. No wind this evening so I pushed the matrice 100 31,000ft on the house antennas with no amp on control. It was full signal the entire flight. Something is blocking you for sure.

He told he got tall trees around. I also live in a forest area and without amps I got same problem. Loosing signal after ca 500m (ca1600ft).
Another idea would be to use one of these Chinese telescopic light poles mounted in the roof. With a button press you can get the antenna up 24ft. Or if it happens you got one of these elevating platforms standing around... I use it to for inspection of measuring masts in the forest area..
curious what solution he's up to

Reactions: Sim597
He told he got tall trees around. I also live in a forest area and without amps I got same problem. Loosing signal after ca 500m (ca1600ft).
Another idea would be to use one of these Chinese telescopic light poles mounted in the roof. With a button press you can get the antenna up 24ft. Or if it happens you got one of these elevating platforms standing around... I use it to for inspection of measuring masts in the forest area..
curious what solution he's up to
Yeah, my thing is it's lousy with trees.
Tall ones.
Ok, this is for IBV, this pic is why close in and up also, your signal isn't that great. Imagine a 15dB would be worse.
f1d87863ec64df795458ae38c0f59c89.jpg

In all directions almost too. What's this pole IBV is talking about? A powered pole? Man, slung to my chimney, which u see is up about 25' already, it wouldn't get me above the trees, but it would have to help quite a bit.
My secret is mostly kidding, but in a few days I'll bring up my plan, need to check some info

By the way...: I updated the thread "antenna-jungle-inventory-whats-out-there" with some more verions for telescopic masts. Could be interesting really to get over the trees. There are electric versions that retract the mast...

Here's my secret weapon, needed to wait till they accepted my offer, wAnted like $104 I got em down to $80, and it's a steal at that, online they're expensive. Uses a DC injector to bring powa up to the main amp, that goes close to the antenna. It's only 1W but, has awesome specs, like 24-25dB TX and like 17dB for RX. Like all electronics, if made In USA, usually top notch.
Like car amps and real speakers (even Focal which is French make speakers here) but real amps made here ROCK. Used to be more companies but most got ground down by typical American wanting cheap crap with inflated figures. A kid I know just got an amp that he says is 5K watts. I have an old school PhoenixGold that will weld 2 nails together, go down to 1/4ohm and remain stabil, and it's rated at like 250watts. This is from an IASCA player who had been there, and done that with near perfect scores multiple times at events.
This amp reminds me of those, low selling wattage, any kid will tell you for $49 on eBay you can get 8W amps, why spend twice on a 1W when it's 8 X less powerful? We'll see

31a3f124fa7d4b02a59d8207f8503be9.jpg

Reactions: 8154 and IBV
^^ [emoji102] at that baby^^

The injector is on the left, main amp is the one with the fins. They state on their site or somewhere about how to receive RX signals, you create significant heat buildup, this is why the heat sink and fins. Of course we know that they make them, and the amps from Jake are awesome, just they lack a little in the receive partly due to where we put them, I cannot wait to see if this helps, it's going on the RX side, the gold Sunhans work great for me down by the remote

Reactions: 8154 and IBV
Hey @Jeremiah Nelson thanks for the great thread and ideas! Just got mine in today after quite awhile of waiting. Haven't done any distance runs yet, just the initial test flight. I'll post back with results once I have some to share.

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 421
  • DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 355
  • DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 380
I'm definitely liking it so far. Looking forward to a good distance test. Not sure how long yours took to come in when you order by mine took nearly 2 months so i've been getting anxious lol.

I'm definitely liking it so far. Looking forward to a good distance test. Not sure how long yours took to come in when you order by mine took nearly 2 months so i've been getting anxious lol.

Few days for me but that was way before this thread. Pretty hard to come by I hear now. Glad u posted. Keep us updated

WP_20160705_23_32_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20160705_21_47_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20160705_23_32_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20160705_23_32_03_Pro.jpg
Nice to see your updates!
I fixed the roof antennas and built a stand for it that also holds the 4W amps. I made an adapter so I can take the whole gear and fix it on a tripod mast or the car roof. I'm still waiting for the mast to arrive and an antenna switch so I can switch between omnidirectional and directional literally on the fly.
I tested my RC and got -35dbm w.o. Amp and -12dbm with 3W Sunhans. So the amps work. (same channel).
Here some picts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl