Flying from inside house or car anyone?

View attachment 57977 ..in the meantime the 4W Sunhans amps arrived so I got a pair of gold 3W and a pair of 4W. (on Picture) Anybody knows a good till to test/measure Wifi signal strength? I'm afraid of frying the RC, the P4 or the second amps...
Wow they look awesome, they won't fry anything, if connected of course, actually the problem you will (if anything) run into, is getting those big amps, to "see" your signals out of the remote, even J who is using the more powerful Inspire remote, couldn't get the amps to "catch" remote frequency to boost it. Good luck, those babies aren't cheap. Keep in mind, as of now, I'm using NO amp on my HD downlink channel, and when I look I can clearly see it's working great (3.2 miles great) with no amps, and can clearly see noise when looking at the RSSI grid. Of course the amp makes all of the noise channels grow, this in turn brings up the signal to noise ratio, where for me anyway, makes it worse. If anything maybe try and use the 4w for FC and the 3 for HD down.
Either way, they're badass, good luck in testing, let me know what you find, didn't you post about on side not lighting, the opposite of my deal?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
You mean the combination in series with the 3W down and the 4W on the roof? I will test the various combinations tmrw. Did u try to have 4W amps only on the roof or the one for FC down and Downlink up?
Through a conversation I can say that he went thru what I posted, he couldn't get them to work just them off the remote. Of course he'll answer but, just saying. He does however say his connection got better putting two in tandem, don't think they're the 4w ones tho

Guys ADMITEDLY I havent read the complete thread and I am sure your all quiet aware, but for you guys and girls doubling or tripling up on amps, you do realise these amps like all other amps have max inputs right?

Which according to specs is 20dBm
or 100mW, consider the gl300c (P4 controller) has a max Tx of 20dBm we are right on the edge of maximum input power of the sunhans, now consider the amps have a max ouput of 35dBm which they will pushing toward, considering we spike max input levels, if you guys are using low loss cables which can have very little attenuation over short runs, you could potentially be frying your secondary amps.
I agree with you, but he says it was better, I had to test this but only because I'm having downlink issues where it won't click the amp on, not enough power, or some other thing going on, so I have one not being used, in my short test, it sucked. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to help and not only did it not help, but made the connection terrible. For me, the one 3w amp, with the 9dB hawking antenna, is crazy strong, at all distances it will drop to 4 bars occasionally, but mostly stays pegged at 5/5. I only wish my HDDL channel "listened" as well

Through a conversation I can say that he went thru what I posted, he couldn't get them to work just them off the remote. Of course he'll answer but, just saying. He does however say his connection got better putting two in tandem, don't think they're the 4w ones tho

ok. Will be interesting to hear what he tested and troubleshooting was done. It's easy to run into all kind of trouble including distortion...

Well never mind. I do have 2 solid blue lights on the gold suhans with 60ft of extension.
So, you do have both glowing? **** it I knew it J. Looks like an Inspire amp is in my destiny, $370 new on eBay.
There's either too much, or too little on that channel to amp, the inspire remote is so much nicer anyway.

I agree with you, but he says it was better, I had to test this but only because I'm having downlink issues where it won't click the amp on, not enough power, or some other thing going on, so I have one not being used, in my short test, it sucked. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to help and not only did it not help, but made the connection terrible. For me, the one 3w amp, with the 9dB hawking antenna, is crazy strong, at all distances it will drop to 4 bars occasionally, but mostly stays pegged at 5/5. I only wish my HDDL channel "listened" as well

That is weird with your results
So, you do have both glowing? **** it I knew it J. Looks like an Inspire amp is in my destiny, $370 new on eBay.
There's either too much, or too little on that channel to amp, the inspire remote is so much nicer anyway.

Yup both glowing blue. It's harder to tell with the gold suhans.

Reactions: Sim597
I got similar problem on left side. (put this in seperate thread). I use low loss cables. It seems the left side is for video downlink and it doesn't get enough signal due to cable dampening to trigger the blue light. I wait until it stops raining so I can put the amplifier (gold Sunhans 3W) from left side that shows white light close to the antenna on the roof. Weired is that even if I plug the left side to the dbs2 antenna it still gives white light. Only if I plug both to the dbs02 or I plug both via short cable to the roof antennas it will show both blue.
However, when I switch off the amp the signal is totally gone (on the side with white light).

Conclusion I will reach when finalizing testing tomorrow.
I also get 2 pieces 4W Sunhans amps.- for the roof. This should defenitly solve the issue.

For the car by the way I use same antennas as for roof (and for short missions smaller ones).
I could get out 4,3 km and still had full signal!

The next step is to test these parabolic antennas that are made for camping actually. (see attached picture). That gonna be fun to see result! :)View attachment 57785 View attachment 57786

Some picture from the areaView attachment 57787 View attachment 57788
Yeah read my other post, I also lose both when one is unplugged. He was answering a question for me there. I asked him to make sure both lights light up.
So, when you plug both in, they both glow blue? Of so your golden, who cares if you need them both. What I done get is, the right channel, looking at the remote, is the HD downlink, not the left side, that's flight control and it sends and receives, the HD only receives.
But no matter, if both light up, your at least in better shape then me. Keep in mind, one may be a lot deeper blue because the other side is only receiving, and it flickers so fast, it won't appear as deep blue as the other one.

I just hoked mine back up inside. I only have one blue light on the gold suhans and the other is white. Whats weird when I plugged my remote back into the wall and set out for a flight I lost control at about 300ft. I came back and landed then switched the connections around on the remote and all was good. So keep that in mind. I know you already tried that. I would like to know why is matters because every thing is the same on both lines.
Thanks for checking for me bro. I read the second post b4 the one you said one wasn't blue, lol, I'm glad kinda or I would have for a minute thought it was normal.
So we agree then, Mine should both be glowing, and likely it's why my HD doesn't hold up to the other channel. At least without an amp I can still go to the battery limit, it's just at 4 and 2 bars by then

This post is a work in progress. Thanks for all who are now throwing out ideas and data, it'll get better the more people who do this. I'm at 1.7 million feet now, already did 500k ft since install

I got similar problem on left side. (put this in seperate thread). I use low loss cables. It seems the left side is for video downlink and it doesn't get enough signal due to cable dampening to trigger the blue light. I wait until it stops raining so I can put the amplifier (gold Sunhans 3W) from left side that shows white light close to the antenna on the roof. Weired is that even if I plug the left side to the dbs2 antenna it still gives white light. Only if I plug both to the dbs02 or I plug both via short cable to the roof antennas it will show both blue.
However, when I switch off the amp the signal is totally gone (on the side with white light).

Conclusion I will reach when finalizing testing tomorrow.
I also get 2 pieces 4W Sunhans amps.- for the roof. This should defenitly solve the issue.

For the car by the way I use same antennas as for roof (and for short missions smaller ones).
I could get out 4,3 km and still had full signal!

The next step is to test these parabolic antennas that are made for camping actually. (see attached picture). That gonna be fun to see result! :)View attachment 57785 View attachment 57786

Some picture from the areaView attachment 57787 View attachment 57788
Have you seen these really cool antenna trackers? I don't have the cash, they're about $500 for the best ones, if you return the 4w amps, you'd get much better bang for your buck, you can then put directional yagi or parabolic dish type antenna, and it automatically tracks the bird.
Even those cheap antenna turning motors with antenna (for tv tho) are like $40 and, really when I'm doing distance, there wouldn't be a lot of "tuning" the antenna, largely just point in same direction, for me a lot depends on the wind which way I'm going that flight. But the auto trackers are some neat tech, if I had your and J doe, I'd do it! Lol

Wow they look awesome, they won't fry anything, if connected of course, actually the problem you will (if anything) run into, is getting those big amps, to "see" your signals out of the remote, even J who is using the more powerful Inspire remote, couldn't get the amps to "catch" remote frequency to boost it. Good luck, those babies aren't cheap. Keep in mind, as of now, I'm using NO amp on my HD downlink channel, and when I look I can clearly see it's working great (3.2 miles great) with no amps, and can clearly see noise when looking at the RSSI grid. Of course the amp makes all of the noise channels grow, this in turn brings up the signal to noise ratio, where for me anyway, makes it worse. If anything maybe try and use the 4w for FC and the 3 for HD down.
Either way, they're badass, good luck in testing, let me know what you find, didn't you post about on side not lighting, the opposite of my deal?

I will test tomorrow and post all results. Yeah. The left side is showing white light. If I unplug the video downlink is gone. I pinpointed the cause to the dampening of the long cable. If I use short cable it triggers the blue light. That's why I want to test the downlink amp on the roof and the FC down. Let's see...

Have you seen these really cool antenna trackers? I don't have the cash, they're about $500 for the best ones, if you return the 4w amps, you'd get much better bang for your buck, you can then put directional yagi or parabolic dish type antenna, and it automatically tracks the bird.
Even those cheap antenna turning motors with antenna (for tv tho) are like $40 and, really when I'm doing distance, there wouldn't be a lot of "tuning" the antenna, largely just point in same direction, for me a lot depends on the wind which way I'm going that flight. But the auto trackers are some neat tech, if I had your and J doe, I'd do it! Lol

To my knowledge the auto antenna trackers (digital) need to read the GPS Nmea signal. I posted a thread earlier on this. Could find a supplier for auto tracker reading Nmea but no info on if the lightbridge is using this protocol..

I have those same amps I could never get it to work using both of them.
I have a gold Sunhans 3.0 and a silver Sunhans 2.5 working successfully together on my GL300A, with the FPVLR v2 mod, with the 3.0 on the video receive side, and use this for all my P3P's out to 5+ miles away.

Last edited:
ok. Will be interesting to hear what he tested and troubleshooting was done. It's easy to run into all kind of trouble including distortion...

I didn't mess with the 4w amps much. They were connected inside the house. If they were both on I got no picture or signal. If I unplugged one I would get a signal. I grew tired and put them away.

I have a gold Sunhans 3.0 and a silver Sunhans 2.5 working successfully together on my GL300A, with the FPVLR v2 mod, with the 3.0 on the video receive side, and use this for all my P3P's out to 5+ miles away.
Well that's how it's supposed to work. Right? I was going to buy a 300A, but then decided inspire remote is even stronger, right? Might have been you that said this on the forum even, plus the HDMI which I need now.
But your not using them in tandem are you? Both on one side?
I'll totally **** if my new inspire remote (when I get it, have a vaca and some other **** coming up) doesn't light both amps up, I haven't retested lately but, they both glowed, one less, on the original DBS_02

I didn't mess with the 4w amps much. They were connected inside the house. If they were both on I got no picture or signal. If I unplugged one I would get a signal. I grew tired and put them away.
Kinda like my deal, when I put the left one on, with amp, both sides come to life with a decent vid signal.

To my knowledge the auto antenna trackers (digital) need to read the GPS Nmea signal. I posted a thread earlier on this. Could find a supplier for auto tracker reading Nmea but no info on if the lightbridge is using this protocol..
Some of the high end models I looked at, had a tiny tracker, keep in mind these are for racing and such, these hand built machines can easily place a tiny transponder on the craft, we could to really.
But that fact is something I missed, so like what do we use a different signal then?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie