Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Ive never had a problem knock on wood but yes it could be a problem especially proximity flying when landing. If you get into trouble close to the ground the natural reaction is to over react. You will need to practice and be able to time your movements because of lag. With some practice I can fly mine in very tight spaces and feel completely in control.
I'm doing it bro, my remote DL side is acting up, it won't light the blue lights even on the new antenna, and because of LOS conflicts where I live I don't have the range you had, but I can fly out 2 miles, not in any direction, but so far further then in back yard and seems to hold better at lower altitudes, I'll take a couple pics of the antennas mounted and post them, we are now two! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
I get a lock sometimes though inside the house, if you can the using both is still the best I'd think.

Indeed. I can get a GPS lock indoors, too. Top floor, just a roof. Should try flying through it, too! Not! ;)

Reactions: Sim597
Ive never had a problem knock on wood but yes it could be a problem especially proximity flying when landing. If you get into trouble close to the ground the natural reaction is to over react. You will need to practice and be able to time your movements because of lag. With some practice I can fly mine in very tight spaces and feel completely in control.
It's that "feeling" of being completely in control, that gets us into trouble sometimes! The 4K video is very unforgiving in displaying how close to crashing we really were, all feelings aside! :D You, however, are a master drone flyer, worthy of drone racing! :cool:

Last edited:
i first flew from about 60m above sea level Ground at the mountain. I set the RTH to 100 M because of trees & hill.

1. does phantom calculates 60m from the point of take off or from the Sea level?

2. if you fly from a hill around 100m above Sea level,,, how do you set rth height? in case there are 50m trees.

3. When u press rTh button, do you press once or two times like power button of Battery?

i first flew from about 60m above sea level Ground at the mountain. I set the RTH to 100 M because of trees & hill.

1. does phantom calculates 60m from the point of take off or from the Sea level?

2. if you fly from a hill around 100m above Sea level,,, how do you set rth height? in case there are 50m trees.

3. When u press rTh button, do you press once or two times like power button of Battery?
1. It's always measured above your launch point.
2. Set the RTH height based upon the highest structure/obstacles that you need to avoid, along your entire flight path, and how high that is above your launch point. You need to know the topography of the ground you will be flying over to add its additional elevation above your launch point to the safe altitude above the ground that you need to clear.
3. To activate RTH, you press and hold the RTH button. To cancel RTH, you press it once. Best to read all about it in the Manual, so you fully understand all the nuances. :cool:

1. It's always measured above your launch point.
2. Set the RTH height based upon the highest structure/obstacles that you need to avoid, along your entire flight path, and how high that is above your launch point. You need to know the topography of the ground you will be flying over to add its additional elevation above your launch point to the safe altitude above the ground that you need to clear.
3. To activate RTH, you press and hold the RTH button. To cancel RTH, you press it once. Best to read all about it in the Manual, so you fully understand all the nuances. :cool:

Thank You Very much :)) I Appreciate it :))

I haven't tried it, but I thought VPS, if active, would supersede all modes for position and altitude holding within its range of 3 meters of the ground for the P3 and 10 meters for the P4. Is that not the case?
With P4 VPS is always on, there's no way to turn it off. Many photographers prefer ATTI mode for smooth shoots. I'm pretty sure ATTI will act the same indoors or out. P mode will be easier to fly indoors, holding position with no stick input, using the bottom camera for xy positioning. It won't wander like ATTI. Might be safer if you have CA enabled, however you can't be in close quarters using CA.

Last edited:
With P4 VPS is always on, there's no way to turn it off. Many photographers prefer ATTI mode for smooth shoots. I'm pretty sure ATTI will act the same indoors or out. P mode will be easier to fly indoors, holding position with no stick input, using the bottom camera for xy positioning. It won't wander like ATTI. Might be safer if you have CA enabled, however you can't be in close quarters using CA.
I thought a recent firmware update had or soon would enable turning VPS off on the P4. If VPS is active and operational, it alone will hold position for all 3 axes, including height, using the combination of ultrasonic sensor and the down facing camera with enough light and contrast pattern. Again, if you are within 3 meters of the ground on the P3 with VPS turned on, or 10 meters of the ground on the P4 indoors, I believe VPS should be in full control, and it shouldn't really matter which flying mode you have selected, until VPS is outside of its functional range or has no pattern or light to work with. Indoor use is its primary purpose.

f385021f87e618b9fe140ad23d7b5a1d.jpg

Here's the antenna

Can you do a few more angle shots?

Yeah, gimme a couple days and I'll see from another vantage point, as u can see I have a super tall attic, it's like 14' up there, my house is a tall as my neighbors two story and I'm only one story

So, I think my remote is bad, everything is strong and awesome, for the control signal, but my controller seems to be not receiving like it should

Jeremiah Nelson, your mod is really interesting!!!! Although I m new in drones I was thinking before some days if it would be possible to use other antennas and have control from inside the home. And now OI found this thread where you had already answered in what i was thinking :) . Where can someone finds the parts for this mod ?

Jeremiah Nelson, your mod is really interesting!!!! Although I m new in drones I was thinking before some days if it would be possible to use other antennas and have control from inside the home. And now OI found this thread where you had already answered in what i was thinking :) . Where can someone finds the parts for this mod ?

Read through the thread then you can ask specific questions and will be happy to help. You will need to mod the p4 remote for starters if you haven't done so already. Its super simple to do but there are some very delicate ribbon cables to deal with inside. Its worth the read here if you are new to this hobby.

Reactions: 8154
Just went 3.1 miles out from the comfort of AC and recliner lol.
Ok, this J, like I said I would try, I took the left amp out of the equation and it wasn't 100% the whole time, when I had to turn around due to battery, well, past it, I landed at 10% bro, lmao the signal for my DOwnlink was 3 and 4 bars here and there, but of course the flight control side was pegged the whole time

Have you tried unamped?

Just did for the left side, I cannot say the amp for that channel is blown, because it gets quite a bit of noise un amped still, and just went out as far as I possibly could in a 5-6mph wind. It's really weird, Another poster has same problem, with the other side, says his left side is no good, or not lighting the amps blue light, so it is a thing,

Just did for the left side, I cannot say the amp for that channel is blown, because it gets quite a bit of noise un amped still, and just went out as far as I possibly could in a 5-6mph wind. It's really weird, Another poster has same problem, with the other side, says his left side is no good, or not lighting the amps blue light, so it is a thing,

The blue light should only light for one booster. The P4 remote only transmits from one side.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures