Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Ok, just came back from another successful test, this time twice as far as I've ever gotten with any antenna or any setup, boosted, or not, so, it's starting to click, need to prolly buy an inspire remote to get both amps working correctly, but certainly better then it's been, and further then ever before

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not true, it won't light up as solid, but it picks up the receiving side also, on ones that work correctly, idk, maybe your right, but Jake flat out told me both should be lighting blue, at least a little, and there's the fact I seen it flicker on other antenna

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Not true, it won't light up as solid, but it picks up the receiving side also, on ones that work correctly, idk, maybe your right, but Jake flat out told me both should be lighting blue, at least a little, and there's the fact I seen it flicker on other antenna

I just hoked mine back up inside. I only have one blue light on the gold suhans and the other is white. Whats weird when I plugged my remote back into the wall and set out for a flight I lost control at about 300ft. I came back and landed then switched the connections around on the remote and all was good. So keep that in mind. I know you already tried that. I would like to know why is matters because every thing is the same on both lines.

Reactions: IBV
I just hoked mine back up inside. I only have one blue light on the gold suhans and the other is white. Whats weird when I plugged my remote back into the wall and set out for a flight I lost control at about 300ft. I came back and landed then switched the connections around on the remote and all was good. So keep that in mind. I know you already tried that. I would like to know why is matters because every thing is the same on both lines.

I got similar problem on left side. (put this in seperate thread). I use low loss cables. It seems the left side is for video downlink and it doesn't get enough signal due to cable dampening to trigger the blue light. I wait until it stops raining so I can put the amplifier (gold Sunhans 3W) from left side that shows white light close to the antenna on the roof. Weired is that even if I plug the left side to the dbs2 antenna it still gives white light. Only if I plug both to the dbs02 or I plug both via short cable to the roof antennas it will show both blue.
However, when I switch off the amp the signal is totally gone (on the side with white light).

Conclusion I will reach when finalizing testing tomorrow.
I also get 2 pieces 4W Sunhans amps.- for the roof. This should defenitly solve the issue.

For the car by the way I use same antennas as for roof (and for short missions smaller ones).
I could get out 4,3 km and still had full signal!

The next step is to test these parabolic antennas that are made for camping actually. (see attached picture). That gonna be fun to see result! :)
Par_F.jpg
czasza_komplet_png.jpg

Some picture from the areaDJI_0128.JPG DJI_0133.JPG

I got similar problem on left side. (put this in seperate thread). I use low loss cables. It seems the left side is for video downlink and it doesn't get enough signal due to cable dampening to trigger the blue light. I wait until it stops raining so I can put the amplifier (gold Sunhans 3W) from left side that shows white light close to the antenna on the roof. Weired is that even if I plug the left side to the dbs2 antenna it still gives white light. Only if I plug both to the dbs02 or I plug both via short cable to the roof antennas it will show both blue.
However, when I switch off the amp the signal is totally gone (on the side with white light).

Conclusion I will reach when finalizing testing tomorrow.
I also get 2 pieces 4W Sunhans amps.- for the roof. This should defenitly solve the issue.

For the car by the way I use same antennas as for roof (and for short missions smaller ones).
I could get out 4,3 km and still had full signal!

The next step is to test these parabolic antennas that are made for camping actually. (see attached picture). That gonna be fun to see result! :)View attachment 57785 View attachment 57786

Some picture from the areaView attachment 57787 View attachment 57788

Wow. Got a link for the dish?

Guys ADMITEDLY I havent read the complete thread and I am sure your all quiet aware, but for you guys and girls doubling or tripling up on amps, you do realise these amps like all other amps have max inputs right?

Which according to specs is 20dBm
or 100mW, consider the gl300c (P4 controller) has a max Tx of 20dBm we are right on the edge of maximum input power of the sunhans, now consider the amps have a max ouput of 35dBm which they will pushing toward, considering we spike max input levels, if you guys are using low loss cables which can have very little attenuation over short runs, you could potentially be frying your secondary amps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Guys ADMITEDLY I havent read the complete thread and I am sure your all quiet aware, but for you guys and girls doubling or tripling up on amps, you do realise these amps like all other amps have max inputs right?

Which according to specs is 20dBm
or 100mW, consider the gl300c (P4 controller) has a max Tx of 20dBm we are right on the edge of maximum input power of the sunhans, now consider the amps have a max ouput of 35dBm which they will pushing toward, considering we spike max input levels, if you guys are using low loss cables which can have very little attenuation over short runs, you could potentially be frying your secondary amps.

I think I have enough separation between the amps and after hours of use there have been no issues. I defiantly had better penetration with four. Ive disconnected them. I wouldn't encourage or recommend it.

So, I think my remote is bad, everything is strong and awesome, for the control signal, but my controller seems to be not receiving like it should
The connection of the wire to the connector is very fragile, so you need to be careful when installing them.

To provide a secure fit so they don't twist and damage the internal connection when screwing the antenna cables on and off, I added a larger washer so the nut seats evenly on the "chrome" ring.
IMG_0485.JPG

This was after replacing the first set of cables which I damaged with the twisting. They don't have to be broken off to have a damaged wire. They still worked for close flights, but distance was limited regardless of which antenna was used.

The connection of the wire to the connector is very fragile, so you need to be careful when installing them.

To provide a secure fit so they don't twist and damage the internal connection when screwing the antenna cables on and off, I added a larger washer so the nut seats evenly on the "chrome" ring.
View attachment 57868

This was after replacing the first set of cables which I damaged with the twisting. They don't have to be broken off to have a damaged wire. They still worked for close flights, but distance was limited regardless of which antenna was used.

Good to know.. Thanks

Hi Jeremiah,
Here is the address. My paste function doesn't work.
Yagi.pl they got loads of antennas. Also parabolic and other stuff.
The parabolic with magnet foot is called Have camping 40 Hv.
Thanks! Let us know how they work out if you get them.

WP_20160623_22_33_01_Pro.jpg ..in the meantime the 4W Sunhans amps arrived so I got a pair of gold 3W and a pair of 4W. (on Picture) Anybody knows a good till to test/measure Wifi signal strength? I'm afraid of frying the RC, the P4 or the second amps...

View attachment 57868

All true, I still have the older style b4 we all started doing the "clean install" what I had meant was my signals were solid.
I have thought about taking it apart to double check, I have a clean install kit lying around here somewhere, but that is prolly going into a new Inspire remote.
My setup is weird, if I plug in the FC channel, it bleeds over into the DL (downlink) channel. If I only plug and power the DL channel, nothing, but that my be intrinsic to the connection, I've never seen a great or degraded picture, with no other data feedback, may need the aircraft data steam to tell the software you've got a solid pic?
But yeah, then if I plug in only the FC (flight control) side or channel, both pop up...with full signal of course at such close distance.
I was outbid last minute at eBay for an inspire remote to see if that gives me my DL channel amps a chance to receive the signal then amp the same receiving side. We know that the amps push better then pull signals, by far, but the fact Jeremiah loses FC before HDDL means I possibly can even do better.

I have those same amps I could never get it to work using both of them.
So, as we talked about, theoretically amp to amp doesn't work, you never ever see amps in tandem in even the highest end no money is too much stereo systems. And at least what I've seen today, doesn't work.
Sure it works, but signal to noise was so bad, I was losing my FC channel, which I NEVER LOSE. So for me anyway the theory, and in practice this doesn't work. I'm sure for literally 99% of people an amp to amp just won't help, I believe J when he says he can fly lower in lousy areas, but cannot speculate as to why or what's going on. I wish it worked for me, was hoping because I'm only using the one now, that it would have had an impact, which it did, degraded signal to point of failure at close distance.
In the good news side though, I've been able to outrun my battery at about a 270* area, behind my house is just too thick and can still fly further then outside with the big antenna, pointed in that direction even, so these antenna are great, also, the side that is working on my remote, the flight control, barely ever, no matter what area, dips to 4 bars, in fact the only time it did (down to 1-3bars) was with tandem amps. So the setup works awesome really, and those without 90-100' trees, surrounding the house, your gonna get the same report Jeremiah gets.
Need to use LMR-400 cable (Wilson from Wilson cell Phone boosters is high grade and a little cheaper but don't get China made crap) and you need decent antennas.
It's the cable that's the trick here. I even looked into LMR-600 but for the cost vs benefit, you MIGHT, well, you will save about 1.8-2dB in 100' so for 50' runs, LMR-400 is the best all around cable to use

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl